• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who will Ash defeat in the Masters 8 tournament?

charinija

Pokemon Master
I think Ash will definitely beat Alain this time.

Also Ash will lose in the Final. He will be defeated by Leon.

He will probably lose to one of the ladies before the final. Diantha or Cythia.

I think Ash will want to play Paul to learn from that defeat

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Alain is def here because of Ash
No way they r not going to have a rematch here

Landton

If it's a round robin he could possibly battle Lance too.

He's very likely not going to battle Iris again, and probably not Diantha or Steven.

TheNewGuy

If it's straight knockout and they do anything other than Alain, Cynthia, Leon, in that order, I'd be shocked and disappointed.

The only thing I can think of is that Alain might be there to lose to Leon in a Charizard vs. Charizard battle, underlining Leon's strength even more, but that's really not necessary at this point.

Round robin gives them more possibilities, and all bets would be off there.

AJ97

If it's straight knockout and they do anything other than Alain, Cynthia, Leon, in that order, I'd be shocked and disappointed.

The only thing I can think of is that Alain might be there to lose to Leon in a Charizard vs. Charizard battle, underlining Leon's strength even more, but that's really not necessary at this point.

Round robin gives them more possibilities, and all bets would be off there.
They could have Alain lose to Steven Round 1 and have Ash fight him in the Semi's (Maybe even with Ash Greninja).
Even if they stick to Alain, Cynthia & Leon as Ash's opponents, they could also have Ash fight Cynthia round 1 and Alain in the semi's.

TheNewGuy

They could have Alain lose to Steven Round 1 and have Ash fight him in the Semi's (Maybe even with Ash Greninja).
Even if they stick to Alain, Cynthia & Leon as Ash's opponents, they could also have Ash fight Cynthia round 1 and Alain in the semi's.

I mean they could, but Cynthia is stronger in-universe (ranked 2 vs 7) and has more reputation among fans as a tough trainer. Ash could have beaten Alain last time they fought. Cynthia has mostly been portrayed as a cut above. Alain to Cynthia seems a more natural escalation.

I'm fine either way, as long as Ash wins both, but it'd be strange to do Cynthia first and then Alain second, since he's objectively a downgrade in ranking terms.

Also doing Alain in the SF and Leon in the final means we'd have two matches featuring Charizard as the ace in a row, which, idk, seems off to me.

Ryuuma

Ash can't beat a trainers like cynthia or leon. Those whos think that are weird.

Besides Alain and Iris, all other trainers there are in Cynthia/Leon tier.

If you think like this, then Ash needs to fight Iris again to reach the finals.

AJ97

I mean they could, but Cynthia is stronger in-universe (ranked 2 vs 7) and has more reputation among fans as a tough trainer. Ash could have beaten Alain last time they fought. Cynthia has mostly been portrayed as a cut above. Alain to Cynthia seems a more natural escalation.

I'm fine either way, as long as Ash wins both, but it'd be strange to do Cynthia first and then Alain second, since he's objectively a downgrade in ranking terms.

Also doing Alain in the SF and Leon in the final means we'd have two matches featuring Charizard as the ace in a row, which, idk, seems off to me.
The Master class rankings don't necessarily mean as much as you're making it out to be. By that logic, it makes no sense Ash is weaker than Iris when he beat her before, got to the Ultra Class first and also, never lost a single battle in the Ultra Class.

Plus, if you watch the Lance and Raihan battle against Leon, we don't really see much of a difference between the two despite Raihan being ranked 7 and Lance being ranked 2 against Leon. Essentially, it would be fair to assume everyone in the Master Class Tier are exceptionally Strong but one step below Leon.

As for battling two Charizard aces in a row, there is enough difference between MCX and Gigantamax charizard to create 2 different type of battles. Plus, Alain has the former MC Plot armor. They could very well, give him a win over someone like Steven (Who he fought previously in XY) and take him to the Semi-Finals.
The predictable route would be to have Ash fight Cynthia in the Semis. Having to fight her right in the first round, would up the stakes.

Plus, they can have Mega Lucario in the fight against Cynthia and then bring back its "Master of sorts", Ash Greninja for the Alain battle and then keep Pikachu for the Final Leon fight.

Personally, assuming it is a knockout, I would prefer Cynthia -> Steven -> Leon with Ash Greninja being used against Steven's Mega Metagross (After Steven defeats Alain in the first round). Would be a nice twist instead of the more obvious, Alain Round 1 -> Cynthia semi's route and we have a more interesting fight with Ash.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Honestly I want they drag this master 8 thing to next gen and gave him 7 battle with all 6 vs 6 full battle 2-3 parter episode

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Y'all can't let go of the LV 5 Snivy that knows Leaf Tornado and beat a Pikachu that was half dead from a direct attack of Zekrom.

Like Pikachu's been super consistent since XY and y'all will continue repeating the same ****

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
If Ash used Ash-Greninja against Alain in a rematch in the PWC would he still be able to use one of his other gimmicks?
Pretty sure both Blaze-Ape and A-Gren are abilities of the respective Pokemons and hence don't count as gimmicks.

I hope we see an M8 fight ends in a draw to show that these trainers are the best of the best. I also wonder what will happen if the fight ends in a draw.

TheNewGuy

The Master class rankings don't necessarily mean as much as you're making it out to be. By that logic, it makes no sense Ash is weaker than Iris when he beat her before, got to the Ultra Class first and also, never lost a single battle in the Ultra Class.

Plus, if you watch the Lance and Raihan battle against Leon, we don't really see much of a difference between the two despite Raihan being ranked 7 and Lance being ranked 2 against Leon. Essentially, it would be fair to assume everyone in the Master Class Tier are exceptionally Strong but one step below Leon.

As for battling two Charizard aces in a row, there is enough difference between MCX and Gigantamax charizard to create 2 different type of battles. Plus, Alain has the former MC Plot armor. They could very well, give him a win over someone like Steven (Who he fought previously in XY) and take him to the Semi-Finals.
The predictable route would be to have Ash fight Cynthia in the Semis. Having to fight her right in the first round, would up the stakes.

Plus, they can have Mega Lucario in the fight against Cynthia and then bring back its "Master of sorts", Ash Greninja for the Alain battle and then keep Pikachu for the Final Leon fight.

Personally, assuming it is a knockout, I would prefer Cynthia -> Steven -> Leon with Ash Greninja being used against Steven's Mega Metagross (After Steven defeats Alain in the first round). Would be a nice twist instead of the more obvious, Alain Round 1 -> Cynthia semi's route and we have a more interesting fight with Ash.

I mean all this is great but it's a tremendous amount of mental gymnastics to justify not doing something harmless and that makes perfect sense

I don't think Alain/Cynthia/Leon is crazy predictable to the casual viewer. I think if you've spent years analysing it, then maybe. Besides, predictability isn't inherently bad, and throwing in twists for the sake of it is bad storytelling