• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who will Ash defeat in the Masters 8 tournament?

Maxim

Beyond repair
I wonder what system will the battles be held.
If it's a tournament with quarter-finals, semi-finals and the final, then I guess Ash's opponents are obvious - Iris, Alain and Leon, probably in this order. The rest seem to be just "background NPCs" and they seem to be there mostly for flavor.
I don't count on Full Battles, zoomers would probably get too bored. So, I'm guessing 3-on-3, like the Raihan battle.

Doubt we'll see much of the non-Ash battles, probably just short glimpses of one Trainer's ace beating the other's ace. Though, I wish they do show some previously-unseen Pokemon for Trainers such as Lance, Steven or Diantha (if not in those short scenes, then at least maybe displayed on the screens that show their Pokemon - I like it when they acknowledge that the Trainers have other Pokemon aside from their aces). If the battles are 3-on-3 then Leon is guaranteed to have one more Pokemon (probably Aegislash, yaaaaawn) and I guess they may give something new to Alain, since his Pokemon other than Charizard weren't especially memorable. I don't expect any surprises in Dawn's team - probably Haxorus, Dragonite and Excadrill.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

I don’t get how a guy like Tobias who has two flipping legendary Pokémon at his hands and who knows what else did’t make it to this thing.

I‘m really hoping for Ash vs Alan here, Journeys’s team wouldn’t include Alan and not have them battle right?

They must have watched XY and been just as pissed as the fans we’re over the loss.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So Alain falls to Leon early because the writers want Doublezard action.

If not, Alain screws Ash good again since Alain is an OC League Rival, and Ash is allergic to those.

(Seriously, Alain is going to cause outrage the moment he beats someone else first other than Ash.)

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Pretty sure it's going to be Alain, then Cynthia.

Alain has no reason to be here for anything else.

Red and Blue

If he is only battling three then Alain and Cynthia at least. We'll see what happens with Leon

Wasn't there a Popular Fan Mega with something like this? Where Ash battles Alain for the Champion title?
Road to Master. AND THE END HAD ASH MARRYING SERENA!!!!!!

Badfemalecompanion

Diantha, Iris and Steven all seem like good options for the writers to feed to a future Ash opponent to make that person seem strong. The important trainers in the top 8 seem to be Ash, Leon, Cynthia and Alain. Lance is kind of a wildcard but the three I mentioned earlier will probably be jobbers.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Given the buildup and appearances I think Alain and Cynthia are going to be his opponents preceding Leon.

Alain has to be beat and Ash's been aching to defeat Cynthia since DP

All he needs is to bring Ninja Kermit and Sun Wukkong to finish what he started, plus Wukkong lost to Land Sharkie in his first bout under Paul so Ash could redeem that aspect.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Diantha, Iris and Steven all seem like good options for the writers to feed to a future Ash opponent to make that person seem strong. The important trainers in the top 8 seem to be Ash, Leon, Cynthia and Alain. Lance is kind of a wildcard but the three I mentioned earlier will probably be jobbers.
It's being speculated Alain will be "fed" to Leon too instead of having the rematch with Ash
Imagine how Leonzard would look after defeating the almost unbeatable Alainzard

Red and Blue

I'd actually be cool with Alain being sacrificed to Leon if it means Ash gets to battle other trainers like Lance or Steven, lol

Bendicion

Water Master
Cynthia at the semis is probably a lock at this point, unless something really out of the blue happens (like the Gen 9 champion). But considering how strong Cynthia is portrayed in the anime, I want Ash to bring his best possible team against her, especially if she'll be using Mega Garchomp. Something like Pikachu, Lucario, Dragonite, Greninja, one of Incineroar/Infernape/Charizard and either Sceptile or Krookodile.