• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who will Ash defeat in the Masters 8 tournament?

TheNewGuy

Y'all can't let go of the LV 5 Snivy that knows Leaf Tornado and beat a Pikachu that was half dead from a direct attack of Zekrom.

Like Pikachu's been super consistent since XY and y'all will continue repeating the same ****

I mean Pikachu lost to Panpour a few episodes later. Still unforgivable and there is the fear that they could go back to that anytime, but yeah, they've done a far better job of handling Pikachu since then.

Landton

Pikachu always loses to unevolved pokemon at the beginning of every series anyway. In Hoenn it started losing to wild Taillow and Brawly's pokemon, in SInnoh it lost to Roark's Onix (using screech of all things), etc.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I hope we see an M8 fight ends in a draw to show that these trainers are the best of the best. I also wonder what will happen if the fight ends in a draw.
My best bet is the Trainer who was higher in the ranking is treated as the winner.

I think we never got a draw in Anime League tournaments.

Ryuuma

It was stated that it is going to be a knockout tournament?

I know it's obvious to assume that, but if it was not officially announced in the anime, maybe there will be a different way to deal with it and Ash can fight with more than 3 dudes.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★

I know it's obvious to assume that, but if it was not officially announced in the anime, maybe there will be a different way to deal with it and Ash can fight with more than 3 dudes.
It was stated in episode 13.

World Turtle

It was stated in episode 13.
Darn and here I was hoping for a round robin tournament where Ash could fight everyone at least once. At least in the top 8 before switching to a knockout tournament in the top 4.

Ash vs Lance makes me wanna barf

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Ash/Lance -> VS. Alain/Steven -> Ash VS. Leon <- Cynthia/Iris VS. <- Leon/Diantha

This is assuming that Ash is vs. Lance first and that Alain is against Steven, and that this is a regular elimination tournament.

Alt. would be Iris vs. Diantha, but I don't see Leon vs. Cynthia being in the quarter finals.

Alain's inclusion would feel pointless if he isn't going to be battling Ash. At that point they could have just kept Raihan and used Flint (who was pointless) as the stepping stone.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I think would be nice if ash greninja loses to alain in the first round.

We can have a Alain x Leon on the finals, which mean Charizard x Charizard.

The, the next gen anime can start with Pikachu loosing to a lv5 quaxly.

I bet everyone would love this,
We need a battle royale with 2 Charizards, 1 Lucario and 1 Pikachu. We could throw an Altaria as well since lately it seems to be the newest writer's pet.