1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be Ash's Kalos Starter?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by KantoPkmnMaster, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Which Kalos Starter will Ash choose?

1. Fenniken

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Chespin

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Froakie

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. All. He won't be given one, they'll come to him.

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Ash choose Chespin, Fenniken or Froakie as his starter in Kalos? Or will Ash probably do something stupid and one/all the starters will come to him eventually. I'm under the assumption that Froakie would probably be the safe choice. Ash has two fully evolved Fire and Grass Starters but lacks any fully evolved or even evolved for that matter water starters. I don't think Chespin is an outlandish choice either, but another fire type doesn't seem likely.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  2. Toxic Drapion

Toxic Drapion Sinnoh League Champ

I think ash will get chespin and froakie because ash has always gotten the grass starter and froakie looks like it has the potential to be good comedy relief

3. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Fennekin because she's the most popular out of the three and the writers always give Ash the most popular regional Starter Pokemon.

4. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

Well that depends in what direction the show goes in, will the Kalos region have Ash;

1. Have Ash to obtain only one of the starter and have the other two starter go to Ash's travel companions.
    2. Have Ash obtain only two of the starter and have the third one go to Ash's travel companions.
    3. Have Ash obtain all three starter.
    4. Have Ash obtain none of the starter- this is the least likely option that the writer will choose.

5. 2 or 3 are reasonable. Ash will probably end up getting all three. The new Prof. won't give it to him, he'll help one that was abused by a former trainer, one will follow him, and he will help another, all 3 will join up. From what i remember that seems to be the usual trend.

6. thetamale

thetamale Well-Known Member

It'll be a he like all starters are 87.5% of the time :p

7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

Hopefully Froakie, Satoshi really needs to main a Water-type starter at least once. Chespin in the worst scenario. Fennekin? No, thanks.

8. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

He didn't get Torchic. Piplup's also pretty up there in popularity.

9. Everlasting

Everlasting Bright but faded.

Actually I think Mudkip is the most popular Hoenn starter, but Ash still didn't get it.
    As for my own choice, I can see Ash with Froakie very well. It reminds me of Chimchar. I really hope Ash chooses Froakie. Chespin or Fennekin wouldn't be bad either, so I won't complain.

10. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Mudkip didn't reach meme status until 2005; a few years after Generation III began.

At the time Advance Generation was being worked on and at the beginning of the series they were promoting Torchic and Blaziken in a big way. Being the first Starter with a form shown in the anime (and beating Charizard at League) did a lot to boost Torchic's early popularity.

11. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

I bet he's going to have both Fennekin and Chespin ;3 I can sense it XD nya~

12. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Yea, if it werent for the meme, mudkip might be the least popular actually.

13. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

I'm going to predict chespin or froakie. While I personally would prefer chespin to go to the new female (break the tradition of ash getting every grass starter.) If he only gets one that would be my prediction. Froakie is possible i just think if he is only going to get one it would be chespin. Especially given that Ash is probably going to have a talonflame eventually and clauncher is my prediction for his water type. Of course this prediction is based on the idea that he will only get one like in the advanced saga which could easily be wrong.

14. Everlasting

Everlasting Bright but faded.

Oh, I didn't know. It's just that, when I see some polls (here or on internet), Mudkip always seems to be first, and I don't know if even here, Mudkip is popular because of the meme or because it's really a popular starter...

15. Latch

Latch Funky Fresh

I just see Ash with Fennekin. It fits him. As much as I want him to get Froakie, he won't. Chespin and Froakie seem like they would fit best with other characters.

16. Retro-Chaos X

Retro-Chaos X Psychic Aficionado

Why isn't there a 'None' option? Yeah it is unlikely that the writers make it so Ash doesn't get a Kalos Starter but I'm sick of Ash always catching a starter, I think they need to change the record for once.

17. I didn't add a 'None' option due to it being highly unlikely. I feel that the amount of rage would skyrocket if he didn't get any.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  18. Latch

Latch Funky Fresh

They have to give him one. That's how they promote the games too, by using the starters in the anime?

19. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

You can be sick of it, but you think it really would happen?

20. Retro-Chaos X

Retro-Chaos X Psychic Aficionado

Sadly, I know that it would never happen, I just personally think that it should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.