• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who will become Ash Alola powerhouse?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Litten has the backstory for it.
I want it to be him. Or Eclipse Lycanroc
As long as it isn't the owl I don't care.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm guessing Iwanko since he's been getting so much attention.

It's probably gonna be Litten

even tho I beg the writers they do one thing that I like and evolve Rowlet to the final evo

Litleonid

Litten maybe? The concept art that leaked Incineroar did have Ash and Mallow, which makes me believe that Litten will evolve all the way to Incineroar.

Everything12

People seem to be mainly using Litten's tragic backstory as a reason it will be the ace, but outside of Infernape the ace having some tragic backstory seems to be mostly coincidence, in fact as far as I remember only Charizard and Infernape has been an ace and had a tragic backstory and Charizard's wasn't even focused on after the episode it was caught in, in Unova Tepig, the Pokemon with the tragic backstory, wasn't even the ace it was arguably Krookodile. Also up to the current episode during the time I'm writing, episode 30, Litten's tragic backstory hasn't even been mentioned after the episode it was captured in.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Litten appeared repeatedly before it was caught like Krook and is a fire type that's going to be difficult to train like Zard and Chimchar. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was Litten. But I think Rowlet is slightly more likely because decidueye seems more popular with the fans than the others.

Everything12

Litten appearing repeatedly before being captured didn't feel as impactful as Krookodile's did because with Krookodile it was actually following Ash to be captured, while with Litten its appearance besides its one in episode 7 was complete coincidence of Ash and Litten being in the same place at the same time, beside it only happened three times.

Opal Pikachu13

Either Pikachu, Rockruff, or Rowlet. Pikachu has lately got a lot of focus in Sun and Moon, especially with the Z-move. It may be possible that he will learn 10,000,000 Thunderbolt. Rockruff too has a chance to be the powerhouse. It too got a focus, and he have seen both Lycanroc forms, from Olivia, and Gladion. Most likely it will evolve into its Midday form or that rumored 3rd form. Rowlet has a chance, sure it doesn't really do much now but if it evolves into Decidueye, it may end up being one of Ash's best powerhouses yet. Litten may have a chance however, despite its backstory, it may only evolve into Torracat. This also happened with Tepig as well.

JonathanChone

As of now, the most possible ace are Litten or Rockruff o̶r̶ ̶A̶s̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶a̶i̶y̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶o̶k̶e̶m̶o̶n̶s̶.̶

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Actually now that I think about it, Charmander, Chimchar and Tepig had abusive trainers as a backstory, and eventually evolved to prove those trainers wrong and become stronger. And in Froakie's case, it was always strong with hidden potential and hence left many trainers before it, only for it to join Ash, who brought out its true power. In Litten's case, it's backstory is only that of being a support for Stoutland, who in turn was sort of a mentor for it. So I don't really see any compelling reason as to why Litten might even want to evolve since it's backstory doesn't even involve trainers to begin with. Of course, I'm not ruling out evolution for Litten at all just that it's backstory can't be used a major reason this time around for it to be a potential ace.

As of now, the most possible ace are Litten or Rockruff o̶r̶ ̶A̶s̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶a̶i̶y̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶o̶k̶e̶m̶o̶n̶s̶.̶
S̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Actually now that I think about it, Charmander, Chimchar and Tepig had abusive trainers as a backstory, and eventually evolved to prove those trainers wrong and become stronger. And in Froakie's case, it was always strong with hidden potential and hence left many trainers before it, only for it to join Ash, who brought out its true power. In Litten's case, it's backstory is only that of being a support for Stoutland, who in turn was sort of a mentor for it. So I don't really see any compelling reason as to why Litten might even want to evolve since it's backstory doesn't even involve trainers to begin with. Of course, I'm not ruling out evolution for Litten at all just that it's backstory can't be used a major reason this time around for it to be a potential ace.
Right now, the only one of Ash's Pokémon who has a backstory that involves wanting to get stronger and potentially evolve is Rockruff, so if anything, this just strengthens the argument that Rockruff/Lycanroc has the potential to be Ash's Alola powerhouse. If only it were a starter, then its chances would increase dramatically.

Everything12

If their is such a thing as a Twilight form Lycanroc and Rockruff evolved into what do you think the chances of it being Ash's powerhouse be then?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
If their is such a thing as a Twilight form Lycanroc and Rockruff evolved into what do you think the chances of it being Ash's powerhouse be then?

If there is a third form of Lycanroc and Rockruff evolves into that, then that would probably increase the chances of Rockruff/Lycanroc becoming Ash's Alola powerhouse, if only because the writers would want to show off that new form as much as they can. However, that's a big "if." I'm not convinced there is a third form or that Rockruff will evolve into it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I am already thinking that it'll probably be Twilight Lysanroc.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i haven't really kept up with this, but is there any actual basis for this third lycanroc form people are talking about? or is it just a theory?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
i haven't really kept up with this, but is there any actual basis for this third lycanroc form people are talking about? or is it just a theory?

Back when Sun and Moon released, there was a placeholder for another Lycanroc form on the PGL.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Probably Litten or Rowlet if they fully evolve. Rowlet would be the next Greninja as Decidueye with its leaf arrows but then Incineroar could match physical strength with Infernape and Charizard with its wrestling moves. Those two are the most likely candidates. Rockruff will probably evolve and be strong but not enough to be the powerhouse.