• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who Wins the 2009 Console War?

Who is the Winner of the 2009 Console Wars?

• Nintendo Wii

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Microsoft Xbox 360

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
Hey guys,
So the year's coming to a close, and as such, it's time to claim the victor of the 2009 Console Wars? In terms of sales, the Wii held another strong year, especially as the price dropped in late 2009. The PS3 gained serious ground taking over top monthly sales for a short period, and the XBOX 360 saw less units being moved.

Games:

Wii- Punch Out!!, The Conduit, Madworld, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Muramasa: the Demon Blade, Deadly Creatures, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronciles: The Crystal Bearers, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii Sports Resort, Dead Space Extraction, Guitar Hero 5

XBOX 360- Halo 3: ODST, Forza Motorsport 3, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, The Saboteur, Borderlands, Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2, The Beatles Rock Band, Guitar Hero 5, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Batman Arkham Asylum, Prototype

PS3- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Borderlands, The Beatles Rock Band, Guitar Hero 5, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Demons' Souls, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Prototype, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition

Last edited:

Penguinist Trainer

I have to say the Wii, mainly because of its backwards compatibility and virtual console give it a big leg up on the other systems.

I haven't bought a ps3 yet, mainly because i'm still enjoying my ps2 and the ps3 hasn't gotten the large selection of games yet, so it's not worth the price yet.

my girlfriend recently bought an xbox360. we had the system for 1 week. i used the thing once because my girl bought me fallout 3. 1/2 an hour into playing it, i got the 3/4 red ring of death. If any system was an epic fail, it would be the 360.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Wii hands down.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Wii clearly. Not that Nintendo did anything this year, outside of NSMBW.

Torpoleon

Well the Wii seemed to do great, although the PS3 and Xbox 360 and some cool new games come out this year though and likewise with the Wii. I'd still say the Wii though.

Wii- Punch Out!!, The Conduit, Madworld, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Muramasa: the Demon Blade, Deadly Creatures, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronciles: The Crystal Bearers, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii Sports Resort, Dead Space Extraction,

XBOX 360- Halo 3: ODST, Forza Motorsport 3, Left 4 Dead 2,

PS3 - Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Demons' Souls, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Infamous, Playstation home (simply beause it was publicly released at the very end of 08)
Fixed

if you go by exclusives wii wins

a rather weak year for 360 2 of 3 exclusives are shooters
ps3 is mostly action and adventure
wii well its what you expect it to be.

meh i pick ps3 for 09 winner

Slick

Banned
Stop making goddamn threads that are bound to end in arguments.

Wat.
360 is the best, but none of them did good this year. At all. Not one title for any of the systems I enjoyed.

Games:
360: Easily the funnest gameplay
PS3: Same gameplay as 360, just less of it
Wii: No fun gameplay

Prices:
Wii: Cheapest
360: More Expensive, But Worth it
PS3: It's affordable now!

System to buy this year: DS. Buy the PSP Go as well if you have a credit card (it only has downloadbable games...). Don't but the 360. Don't buy the Wii. Don't buy the PS3. They all suck. Why can't they focus on making fun games rather than gimmicks, price cuts, and things you can do with your gaming system other than playing games?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The DS wins.

But the Wii is still kicking *** in sales, so I'm voting for that.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
I think the PS3 won this year. While it may not have sold the most consoles, it gained the most ground and momentum and had (I think) the best exclusives of the year such as Uncharted 2, inFamous, Flower, and has gained some decent 3rd party exclusive support via Batman: AA Joker content, and the BFBC2 beta.