• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who would be the new protag(or protags) in a hypothetical spin off/sequel if Ash ever retires?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Before Amourshipping came in picture , I've seen numbers of fanarts of Ash and Misty being grown up and married and have their own kids.
I see. Tbh, I like to see fans putting their imaginations into work, regardless what they like, than see them depending of the producers/writers to have their ways, and I'm not into any Ash shippings.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Probably, someone who took inspiration watching Ash accomplishing his dream from their TV so they start their own journey trying to follow his footsteps but things end up differently with them. Either that or just stick with Ash which is going to be the case forever. And I totally detest the idea of the next protagonist being Ash's kid.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Just have the male and female protagonists from the game represent the protagonists.

Then they actually are advertising the games.

As for starter, Pikachu and Eevee are fine, particulary in this day and age where Eevee can somewhat rival Pikachu in terms of popularity.

Oh wait, Let's Go! They could totally replace Ash now...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ashton Ketchum

One more idea - in each next saga should passed from 1 to 3 years. And in those 5-10 episodes with Ash in each saga should showed how growing up Ash shows him self ass kick ass Pokemon Master, and as agent of International Police. Also, how Serena becomes more popular Pokemon Performer, and also photo model, designer for clothes and actress. And in one of future generations, (in final episodes) should be their wedding (and protagonists from their sagas can be their visitors). After this, in next 5-10 episodes for each saga should be - how born their children (first - girl, second - boy, and third - girl, again). And so, until Saga with son of Ash and Serena in main roll (and Ash in this saga can be not guest, but secondary character).

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
One more idea - in each next saga should passed from 1 to 3 years. And in those 5-10 episodes with Ash in each saga should showed how growing up Ash shows him self ass kick ass Pokemon Master, and as agent of International Police. Also, how Serena becomes more popular Pokemon Performer, and also photo model, designer for clothes and actress. And in one of future generations, (in final episodes) should be their wedding (and protagonists from their sagas can be their visitors). After this, in next 5-10 episodes for each saga should be - how born their children (first - girl, second - boy, and third - girl, again). And so, until Saga with son of Ash and Serena in main roll (and Ash in this saga can be not guest, but secondary character).

Yet. Another fanfiction made by Amourshipping fans who likes to pursue Serena to be Mrs. Ketchum in the future. For me it is better to have someone who is not related to Ash like having a kid from his former female companions

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I don't know about sequel or spinoff but I do have a successor in mind. An anime adaptation of Pokemon Adventures featuring Red as the main protagonist. Honestly I'd think it'd be a really fun adaptation if done right, there's a lot of freedom to expand on in the original fast-paced arc and there's a lot of interesting explanations for much of the story, Pokemon and characters motives and personality based on the games. For example, Red is a battle genius who later starts to get bored of battling later on after he won the Pokemon League because he may have gotten too strong, Green lives under the shadow of his more famous grandpa, Prof. Oak, and has his fair share of run-ins with Oak's old colleagues when Oak was younger, Blue (or what you people know as Leaf) story is probably the darkest under that sly fox-like smile as she was kidnapped by a giant bird and forgotten by the residents of Pallet Town. If you think about it, it's sort of a metaphor how Leaf seems to be the most forgotten female character even though she was designed first before Krystal made her official debut. There's also a very good reason why trainers can't get into Saffron City, because it's simply under Team Rocket's control as opposed to the fact that the guards will let you in if you offer them a drink in the games. And of course, one huge problem the past anime adaptations has is their failure to adapt villains as full-fledge threats. In Pokemon Adventures, they tie up loose ends with a showdown between Red and Giovanni and man, Giovanni does not show any mercy and even teaches Red a few things about what it means to be a trainer. When I say tie up loose ends I mean it, such as how Pokemon Adventures explains the importance of the GS Ball near the endgame of GSC arc whereas the anime kind of ditches the entire storyline.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I'd like to see the male and female player characters as the main characters of a spin-off or sequel to the animé. It would be interesting to see how their development differs from Ash's. Perhaps one of them, or both if they choose different fields of Training, could win their respective Leagues.