• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who would win? Gary, Paul, or Trip?

poizonsting

Pokemon master

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I would say paul, trip, then gary.
I like gary as well, but seeing how battle are now and comparing it to the past he's not so good. If he battles now with his proffessor knowledge he'd probably win though lol.

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
trip is a beginner so probably not him,

but out of paul and gary

i say paul

simply because gary gave up to be a researcher after johto so i dont think he will as strong as paul because he hasnt travelled round other regoins like hoeen and sinnoh (he did but not as a trainer)

then you got ash to consider into this equatoin cuz he beat ash after battle frontier.

ash likes to win by complete luck and inner strengh and gary is pure knowledge
so ash is denser then gary, when it comes to the knowlege side of battling

but saying this when ash went to sinnoh he gained more knowledge and beat
paul

for example when ash beat pauls electavire, ash would of beat gary after the battle frontier if he had experianced sinnoh--this is probably why ash went to sinnoh in the first place

because gary is not a trainer anymore he wouldnt of had the training experiances at sinnoh

making ash better then gary
but then again paul better then gary because him and ash are at the same level if not his better because he knows what he is doing

Brockster

Legendary Trainer
Pauls the most powerful, Gary has the most pokemon, and Trip is a Very intelligent and tricky jerk....

Its a now just down to matter of opinion.

I'd say.... Paul

SSJ SVEN

<-- Zapdos FTW!
Pauls the most powerful, Gary has the most pokemon, and Trip is a Very intelligent and tricky jerk....

Its a now just down to matter of opinion.

I'd say.... Paul

How do you know that Gary has more pokemon than Paul? It is possible that Paul has caught a lot pokemon in Johto, Hoenn, Kanto? Much people are saying things with no background or whatever.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
How do you know that Gary has more pokemon than Paul? It is possible that Paul has caught a lot pokemon in Johto, Hoenn, Kanto? Much people are saying things with no background or whatever.
Paul has a history or releasing or giving away Pokemon he no longer wants. The Pokemon shown at Reggie's Day Care center are probably all the Pokemon Paul has. The Pokemon Gary stores at Oak's lab are all the Pokemon Gary has. Gary has more Pokemon.

Paul still has more battle experience.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Well my opinion (which no one will care).. Trip and Paul are too similar and it wouldve been cool if Ash's rival would be a chick this time around... Maybe next time

Brockster

Legendary Trainer
Well my opinion (which no one will care).. Trip and Paul are too similar and it wouldve been cool if Ash's rival would be a chick this time around... Maybe next time

Agreed. But in my opinion i Think the writers gave ash Rivals that tested his skills at that time, In Kanto Gary tested ashes ability to keep up (Ash always was behind Gary, in Badges, pokemon and even maturity and skill, But soon Surpassed him), Paul Tested Ashs Ability to Adapt to Battles, Use Unpredictable Stratagies, use oppents stratagies against them, and Also Just get his pokemon to become Very Powerful, Ash matured a lot from Paul. So Far Trip seems to be testing Ashs Skills a a Trainer Period. And keeps making ash Relearn the “Basics” the hard way by beating him in battle and then making his smart remarks, and telling ash basiclly why he Lost….

BlazingCold

All of them are ****ing jerks. Nobody would win. It would be magikarp v magikarp v magikarp. Who wins? Magikarp (hey wtf?)

Pengyzu

I'd say Paul. He's actually an amazing trainer. If he becomes, a person playing the game, he would probably rock wi-fi battles. Gary is good as well, smart, logical and of course he has a ton of choices. Trip... meh... He's a prodigy jerk. He doesn't need to rub his win against Ash's face. And the first time they battled... meh. He thinks he's so tough. Wait till he sees, Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, Gliscor and other powerhouse pokes of Ash. I want to see his o_O face. I want to see him beaten so BADLY!

Paul would lolcrush (In my opinion,of course)

Trip COULD win when BW is over and we would know his full team.

But Gary sucks,there I said it.

Last edited:
Trip would easily win because Zekrom will just blast Torterra and the others before they get a chance to battle. :)

Char

7 Inches Of Fun
There's no 'at the very least.'
Paul is more experienced than Gary. He has 32 badges, Gary has 16.

Gary had more than 16 badges btw. He earned 10 in Kanto.

Professor Poke

Gary usually wins with new pokemon against Ash. Paul lost to Ash. So Gary sporting new pokemon would beat Paul. Trip is a nobody right now.