• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who would win in a Fight? Ash's Torterra vs Ash's Noivern

Who's winning this fight?

• Torterra Wins!

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Noivern Wins?

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Draw!

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well? What do you guys think?

In one corner we have a Grass/Ground, Giant Sinnoh Turtle, standing at 7'3 and Weighing 683 pounds.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIt's TORTERRA!!!

In the other corner we have a Dragon/Flying Kalosian Dragon/Bat Hybrid standing at 4'11 and Weighing 187 pounds.

GIVE IT UP FOOOOOOR NOIVERN!!

Neither of them have the best track record when it comes to winning battles folks!

Tonight's the night one of them will take home the glory as not being the biggest jobber Ash has ever had.

Which one will take another L?

Or Alternatively will they both somehow lose against each other effectively making it a Draw? :p

Only you can answer that Audience!

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Make it a 3 way with Goodra and all would draw lmao

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
On one hand, I'd consider Torterra to be stronger overall, because 1) it has multiple wins in its pre-evolved forms, and 2) 2/3 of the opponents it faced were significantly stronger than almost anything Noivern fought.

On the other hand XY Ash was clearly way better at using Noivern than DP Ash was with Torterra.

Idk. Noivern has the type advantage and Torterra’s only Super effective move is Rock Climb of Death but then again Torterra is super strong
Torterra’s Moveset: Same but replace Rock Climb with Earthquake, which doesn’t affect Noivern
Noivern: Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Boomburst
Result: Draw

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
If we’re considering it seriously, I’d actually put my money on noivern.

It has the type advantage and resist all of torterra’s attack that isn’t rock climb, and that’s if it doesn’t just outright dodge them all in the first place with it’s much superior speed and mobility. On the other hand torterra doesn’t resist any of noiver’s attack and weak againts acrobatic in particular.

If ash’s torterra has the more defensive fighting style and moveset like paul’s torterra it would be different. Since frenzy plant and stone edge would be able to lock down noivern’s movement.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As much as I like Onvern, I think that Dodaitose would win based on the fact that it had a good battle record before fully evolving, and it still managed to put up a decent fight against its later opponents [which included the strongest Gym Leader in Shinou and a member of the Four Heavenly Kings] even when it lost.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Noivern.

Because I know that mammals, like bats, are superior to reptiles, like testudines.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It's like the stormtrooper vs. red shirt joke. The stormtrooper misses and the red shirt dies anyways.

Torterra's attacks are ineffective, but Noivern collapses anyways. Torterra also inexplicably falls over.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Noivern.

Because I know that mammals, like bats, are superior to reptiles, like testudines.
It would be the same for human vehicles, like fighter planes are better than tanks, judging for my gameplays in Total Annihilation, which I wish there's a Real Time Strategy Pokemon game that play like it.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It would be the same for human vehicles, like fighter planes are better than tanks, judging for my gameplays in Total Annihilation, which I wish there's a Real Time Strategy Pokemon game that play like it.
While not real time, there is Pokemon Conquest if you want a strategy pokemon game

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
While not real time, there is Pokemon Conquest if you want a strategy pokemon game
I tried, it was ok. But Total Annihilation got universal praise despite being dwarfed by Starcraft, and there's at least 300 different units and more if you mod the game.