1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Who would you like to be the director of the anime in gen 8? Lead writer?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by mehmeh1, Dec 21, 2018.

1. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

really depressing

2. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Double Accel!

Can't be anymore depressing than the current state of affairs of the anime.

3. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

^this is false

4. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

To be truthful I see far less episodes now where it feels like the writers are just dully going through the usual motions than I did during the 'classic formula' era beforehand.

Even some of the most flawed episodes in SM I felt their heart was in the right place and reasonable charm and effort went into it. There are some bland episodes, sure, but they are the exception, not the rule, while a lot of times before I felt like I was enduring a marathon of dull episodes just to get to the good bits.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  5. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

even episodes like 52, 66, or 102?

LilligantLewis likes this.
  6. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

They weren't amazing but they weren't insufferably dull or interchangeable with a ton of other episodes in the show, and usually tried a different pace from the norm. 52 in particular worked as a gentle 'calm before the storm'.