• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who would you like to be the director of the anime in gen 8? Lead writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I wonder how the series would have turned out if Takeshi Shudo was still the head writer for AG to the current series. I also wonder how different the series would be if some of his ideas that were rejected by others were approved of instead.
really depressing

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

DatsRight

To be truthful I see far less episodes now where it feels like the writers are just dully going through the usual motions than I did during the 'classic formula' era beforehand.

Even some of the most flawed episodes in SM I felt their heart was in the right place and reasonable charm and effort went into it. There are some bland episodes, sure, but they are the exception, not the rule, while a lot of times before I felt like I was enduring a marathon of dull episodes just to get to the good bits.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
To be truthful I see far less episodes now where it feels like the writers are just dully going through the usual motions than I did during the 'classic formula' era beforehand.

Even some of the most flawed episodes in SM I felt their heart was in the right place and reasonable charm and effort went into it.
even episodes like 52, 66, or 102?

DatsRight

even episodes like 52, 66, or 102?

They weren't amazing but they weren't insufferably dull or interchangeable with a ton of other episodes in the show, and usually tried a different pace from the norm. 52 in particular worked as a gentle 'calm before the storm'.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
sorry for the necrobump
Heh, so those of us saying Yonemura were right! Hope he does a good job, though IDK who the new director is or what he/she has worked on

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm one of those wanting for Yonemura. Really happy for him. He did a lot of good episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.