• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's a better tank? Blissey or Shuckle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

I don't know!
Well, who is? They turn out to be even, ignoring SToss resistance/vulnerability. Blissey gets Softboiled though, but Shuckle gets Sandstorm with Rock type, and Sturdy... I CAN'T DECIDE!
;213; ;242;

orangekows

shuckle isn't a tank. it's a piece of crap.

and blissey isn't a tank either, its a special sponge/heal beller

but blissey>shuckle always because shuckle can't do anything

Bliss.

End of story.

Shuckle cant stay alive for jack,cuz of it's low HP,plus,liek omg pwned by NS/ST

Guy

I don't know!
I still can't decide. BTW, Shuckle is not a piece of crap! FYI, it took out a Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and another ultra powerful legendary alone

EDIT: Sorry if i got misleading before. IMO i can't tell the difference between a Toxi/Sandstaller and a Tank.

Guy said:
I still can't decide. BTW, Shuckle is not a piece of crap! FYI, it took out a Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and another ultra powerful legendary alone
whomag liek shcukle kikz azz 8D

Octillery

You're cool.
Personally I hate Blissey because its uglier than hell
And Shuckle is one of my favorite Pokes, but its crap compared to Blissey in battles

orangekows

Guy said:

EDIT: Sorry if i got misleading before. IMO i can't tell the difference between a Toxi/Sandstaller and a Tank.
you were battling an idiot then. either that or you're lying. mewtwo's psychic 1-2hko's shuckle.

Shuckle! blissey can't learn that many good moves.
shuckle has 5 base speed and 10 base attack so it really can't do anything. 20 base HP don't let it stay alive. all it can do is toxic/encore/protect/rest which won't do anything. it doesn't even get taunt or even curse anymore.

blissey gets thunder wave, aroma, seismic toss, softboiled, ice beam, thunderbolt and alot of other good moves.

leafgreen386

no troll
1. Shuckle isn't a Tank; it's an annoyer - a dead class of pokemon that fails in today's metagame
2. Blissey is a special wall
3. Blissey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Suckle any day

S

Shun

Neither one does much offensively.. but blissey does hit harder then shuckle. Defensively I tend to see them last about equally(due to shuckles low hp). Shuckle ,however, fears neither special or physical.. Blissey can easily be fried by a physical attarck(hence bliss being a special wall).

However, in my mind, blissey's saving grace is Aromotherapy and Heal Bell usefulness. That and natural cure/Serene Grace can be fun. Plus, Blissey has softboiled. Ok just forget it, in most cases Blissey is superior.

you were battling an idiot then. either that or you're lying. mewtwo's psychic 1-2hko's shuckle.

That isn't quite right. According to Net Battle's calculator the MAX damage MewTwo's psychic(max sp + nature to shuckle with lowest and -nature) is (116)64% damage. More likely shuckle will have defense(if they are smart) and then a max attack from MewTwo does (85)47% damage. And with how I build my shuckles when I goof off it would only do 85(35%)hp damage max. Shuckle still won't beat anything but it takes a crapload of damage for it's low hp.

Of course the real slap comes from the fact that Mewtwo(if smart) would use this chance to calm mind then sweep... so meh. Just don't cite damage wrong. Most people I know only put EV's/natures into shuckles defenses and hp... afterall even with attack evs/nature he ain't gonna hurt anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

leafgreen386

no troll
Add in the fact that there are other physical walls out there as well (ie.Skarm) and Shuckle is as good as a Potion in a link battle. It's NU for a reason.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Your mom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shuckle

I want to go to Cianwood City and kill all the Shuckles there. :mad: Go with Blissey or I will get the Spanish Inquisition on yo' hiney. :mad:

C

Carpetted!

Leafgreen386
1. Shuckle isn't a Tank; it's an annoyer - a dead class of pokemon that fails in today's metagame
2. Blissey is a special wall
3. Blissey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Suckle any day

Lol you said 'suckle'!

Horn Drill said:
Go with Blissey or I will get the Spanish Inquisition on yo' hiney. :mad:
What is it with you and the Spanish Inquisition, Horn Drill? XD LOL

ANYWAYS

Blissey's the way to go. ¬_¬ she actually plays a role on a team.

Fatal

Banned
Shucky's cool but he sorta sucks when it comes to battling, so I'd reccomend Blissey, because she has a lot of healing moves.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
god this is a nubish thread

pokemon that is owned by substitute, or a pokemon that can't be beaten by unboosted special attacks/non-stabbed physical attacks

if you knew anything about competitive battling you wouldn't have even made this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.