• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whos better:Gyarados or Milotic?

THUNDER!!!

<So Many Stickers!
So, who do you think is better? Gyarados or Milotic? I think Gyarados is better cause it's got Hyper Beam in it's line up of moves (not TMs).

X502XedgeX

help me team build
i pefer milotic, its ability can help a ton and its ability to use hypnoisis and recover make it more annoying then garydos, plus it looks 3000000 times cooler, i would take a milotic over garydos anyday

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
They're both good Pokemon but I perfer Milotic by a longshot. Gyarados is too common, Milotic's rarity makes more appealing. It's also a great wall, probably one of the best Pokemon to stall and annoy with. ^^

Gyarados became a more powerful Pokemon during the 3rd gen/4th gen shift though. It lost Hyper Beam but gained Giga Impact and a few water type moves that match it's high attack power.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I've never been a Gyarados person(Magikarp's rule.) and Milotic are so hard to obtain unless you trade.

I had a Milotic,someone traded it to me,I rarely used her though.
I'm not that fond of Milotic's move set.

I have to choose Gyarados,though I usually just try to get their friendship up rather then battle with them.

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
I prefer Milotic, but Gyarados is better.Its stronger and I would be rare if you couldnt find it in the wild, because training a Magikarp is kinda challenging.Gyaradoses shiny form would be in the top 5 shiny formes, Milotics shiny not even in top 50

~AussieWonder~

Both are excellent water pokemon, however I think Milotic is better. Having a 4x weakness to electric really hurts gyarados, however when used correctly, both pokemon are highly effective

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Well i love magikap(splash!) and gyarados is cool and deadly if uses d-dance.
but... since im more in the tactical enviroment since gen II..I prefer to bring slow doom to my opponents, i have to say i prefer to annoy with milotic than sweeping everything with gyarados.
In my opinion both are greath bulky water pokemon, it is up to you wich is your favorite.
No fully evolved pokemon is better than other fully evolved pokemon, both were made to fit different battle roles(intimidate is mostly better than milotic ability in the OU enviroment).
And even when they share the fact of evolving form weak fishes(magikarp rules!) and look like sea serpents they shouldn´t be compared unless you say wich is better for my team if i want to annoy, swep,support etc...
thats only my humble opinnion...

Last edited:

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Gyarados is cooler and better in looks and strenghts.

Darkrainer

RPH Elite Trainer
I like Gyarados the best. I really like to take my opponent out quickly instead of using annoyers. So, Gyarados is better that Milotic to me.

PinkShellosDude

I think Gyarados is a stronger attacker, while Milotic can be used in a lot of different ways. So more or less, I'm saying Gyarados is stronger?

pkmntrjk6

Charizard fan
Gyardose all the way,better looking,stronger,more powerfull.

pkmntrjk6

Charizard fan
Gyardose all the way,better looking,stronger,more powerfull.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Chansey.

No?

Depends what we're comparing. Although, overall, I prefer Milotic in terms of aesthetic appeal, competitive battle and style.

Chansey still not an option?

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
It really Depends on one's opinion. I always thought that Milotic was like in a duo with Gyarados, Like Hutail and Gorebyss, Lunatone and Solrock, Lugia and Ho-oH etc.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Milotic, better looking, unique evolution method and is still a good battler.

mew801

Milotic is so much better. Gyarados has a 4x weakness to a common type, electric. Milotic is just alround better imo