• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whos better???

Who is better???

• Torkoal

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Numel/Camerupt

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

loopy100

Hasty Ho Oh
Im currently planning my new Ruby game before i start. Now i am going to start with Treecko (after ive traded a Torchic to my Sapphire) and get Wingull, Aron, Makuhita Ralts and then a fire type. however, I am stuck. I do not know wheather to
A) Breed a new Torchic egg (so i dont get an advantagous ID number, and also so i can remove Makuhita for Trapinch)
B) Get a Numel/Camerupt
C)Get a Torkoal.

I jsut wanted to know who is better in your opinion, Numel/Camerupt or Torkoal. Ive looked at all the stats and they seem abiout even (Torkoal having slower speed, and Camerupt having lower Defence, all other stats are the same)

At the moment Camerupt is edging it because he can have Earthquake, Rock Slide, Eruption and Flamthrower.
Whereas Torkoal casn have strength, Flamethrower Body Slam and Heat Wave.

However, i prefer Torkoals Ability, White Smoke. As it is probably more useful than Camerupt's Oblivious.

What do you think???

loopy100

Hasty Ho Oh
See now, it says everywhere else that this sort of question should be pout here in this area. Because everyone iis getting annoyed with random threads about who is better. So i decided to follow the rules and come here. Now however it seems that nobody likes to do who is btter. Thanks a bunch. Ill ask my friends, see if they know...

loopy100

Hasty Ho Oh
I gave you movesets. I wanted to know about natures and who is the better overall! I cant give u stats because it is a new game. Funny that.

Ive already put down my current sapphire team. Good response, my team was almost bullet proof. Now i ask a simple question and you are saying "O we need all available data to make a good judgement". You are the raters. You should be able to create the ultimate team. So who is better?

However, without youre help i am finding out that Torkoal is better (he was the first "new one" i heard about)

SwordofAeons

Degeneration X
Ok i see the MS' now.
Torkoal-Leftovers
Relaxed
Curse
Fire Blast
Explosion
Rock Slide

Camerupt-Choice Band
Brave(Not 100% sure)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fire Blast
Explosion

Its up to you. I like Torkoal better as it has 140 base Def.
Pokemon-Item
Nature:
-Move
-Move
-Move
-Move
Is the format.

Last edited:

mymrodon

Boulder Trainer
loopy100 said:
How does Torkoal aquire Rockslide??? He doesnt learn it its not an egg move, and its not a TM. Huh? Well?

Move tutor in emerald I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.

Torkal-Lefties
Relaxed
Rock Slide/Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Fire Blast/Heat Wave
Eruption

Camperupt-Lefties
Brave/Naughty
Rock Slide
EQ
Eruption
Flamethrower

mym

Last edited:

Freakshow

Jibaku
Eruption fails
Torkoal @ Leftovers
Trait: White Smoke
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Curse
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Rock Slide
- Explosion/Rest
Explosion is preferred

Camerupt @ Choice Band
Trait: Magma Armor
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Overheat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
EDIT: Beaten........

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
You can always have Sludge Bomb instead of Rock Slide if you don't have access to FR / LG / Emerald.

K

kevinptn99

I think you should get a Blaziken, as it is a nice fire/fighting pokemon, and mine had very good stats. Otherwise, I would perfer Torkoal because moves could be better, and slower speed is defently better than slower defence

sapira

If only...
Get the torchic because a blaziken is stronger than a torkoal and camperupt has a 4x weakness to ground and water

loopy100

Hasty Ho Oh
Hmmm thats kind of what i was thinking, so ive gone for Torchic now. The team would be:

Treecko
Torchic
Wingull
Aron
Ralts
Trapinch

I got movesets for them all. Thanks alot for helping me out. Ill probably be putting some sort of diary of my Ruby quest on here.....