• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's buying a PS Vita?

Are you buying a PS Vita?

• Yes, soon!

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Already bought one!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Never

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Maybe later.

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Finally, someone knows where my username comes from. Why am I having to defend myself so much today? Anyways, the exclusives on other consoles are usually small in number when compared to the exclusives on Nintendo's consoles. That and I enjoy saving my money and like getting other things on holidays. A Nintendo fanboy? Yes, but one with a solid amount of reasoning.

Finding the meaning of you username was just you adding 1+1=5, I wasn't talking about your username. What I meant you were quoting wiiboychris who is clearly a bias Nintendo fanboy who has no idea what he is talking about. I mean for god's stake the guy has a Nintendo's product in his name.

Ehh, looks sorta interesting, but the 3DS has more, Vita's not that popular right now so I can't really ask friends about it, and the memory cards cost about as much as a regular game.

The Vita is brand new so of course it isn't popular at the moment, plus the fact that the Vita Japanese launch was full of Western game.

Give the Vita time and it will slowly build up in sale, that if Sony remembers to treat the Vita as a handheld and not a playstation 3.

Remember folks the 3DS didn't sell well during the first 6 months of it release until the price cut the release of good game.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

The 3DS had a terrible launch, but the amount of support it has now is unbelievable. Resident Evil. Metal Gear Solid. Shin Megami Tensei. Tekken and Street Fighter. Monster Hunter. Dragon Quest. Tales. It also has new IPs like Bravely Default and Beyond the Labyrinth.

It's hard to believe that the Vita will be able to match that in its first year. It's still going through the "OMG TOUCH SCREEN" phase the DS suffered through 8 years ago, so the games will probably be unbearable until the designers realize that less is more (this is also a problem with the 3D in the 3DS).

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Sony is clearly going to treat the Vita as a portable PS3. Which is why it's not going to beat the 3DS. To many developers are going to take advantage of the "OMG GRAPHICS!" crowd. The others as already said are doing the whole "OMG TOUCHSCREEN!!' anything else will try to take advantage of the multimedia fuction of it, Netfix, drawing app, shovelware ect. Price is a whole 'nother area.

It'd be nice to see some games that didn't try to ***** out things the PS3 has already done.

EDIT: That pic is wrong, wouldn't the max be the 3G Vita? That's another $50.

Abstinence Pistols

Sony is clearly going to treat the Vita as a portable PS3. Which is why it's not going to beat the 3DS. To many developers are going to take advantage of the "OMG GRAPHICS!" crowd. The others as already said are doing the whole "OMG TOUCHSCREEN!!' anything else will try to take advantage of the multimedia fuction of it, Netfix, drawing app, shovelware ect. Price is a whole 'nother area.

It'd be nice to see some games that didn't try to ***** out things the PS3 has already done.

EDIT: That pic is wrong, wouldn't the max be the 3G Vita? That's another $50.

400 dollars for a handheld.

I think I'm going to shoot myself.

IceMage88

Not buying one and never will. While I'm not a nintendo "fanboy", I stick to nintendo and probably always will. While I have nothing against the other systems(well... not much in most cases), and think that they do have some good series, I prefer Nintendo.

>people sticking to Nintendo
It's like I'm on a Nintendo-based foru--OH WAIT I AM.

Guys this is a Pokemon forum. Being surprised that children want to stick to Nintendo consoles for some reason is like finding out that you breathe air. It's kind of hilarious that half of them even post on OVGD when there's nothing Nintendo-related down here.

IceMage88

Guys this is a Pokemon forum. Being surprised that children want to stick to Nintendo consoles for some reason is like finding out that you breathe air. It's kind of hilarious that half of them even post on OVGD when there's nothing Nintendo-related down here.

You don't have to be a child to like Nintendo, and you don't have to be a child to like Pokemon. You can also be a child and like Sony. While there is some correlation, I couldn't say that its a given.

Zibdas

not bad
Is that another friendly term like throwing money at the screen? :3

Shooting yourself in the face? It's about the friendliest thing you can do. Why, just the other day, my neighbor saw me coming down the street, and he shot himself in the face.
What a nice guy.

Zazie

So 1991
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/9qC4f.jpg[/IMG139]

How many Vita games will actually require a memory card anyway? (not that it matter much to me since I will want to get PSP games on it if I buy one)

I am going to wait at least until the end of the year since I don't have money now, and buying new game systems at launch is for suckers.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
How many Vita games will actually require a memory card anyway? (not that it matter much to me since I will want to get PSP games on it if I buy one)

I am going to wait at least until the end of the year since I don't have money now, and buying new game systems at launch is for suckers.

Well, full-game downloads for the PSP should be pretty big, so how much does one PS Vita full-game download take up?

Abstinence Pistols

Is that another friendly term like throwing money at the screen? :3
Yeah! Glad you caught that.
Shooting yourself in the face? It's about the friendliest thing you can do. Why, just the other day, my neighbor saw me coming down the street, and he shot himself in the face.
What a nice guy.

Hey, that guy sounds pretty cool. Why, the other day I met a guy who was just walking down the street, and he stabbed himself in the stomach.

It's nice to know that there are good people in the world.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Jeez, man... No one who has commented here has not bought a Vita yet??!! I've had mines since the day the First Edition bundle came out, and I've been loving it. I've already got 3 games for it (Little Deviants, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3), and they're all great (except for LD. I don't like minigame compilations that much). Only bad thing are the Memory Card prices. My 4th is already down to 2.3 gb. That won't bother me though until PS1 games are finally playable on it. I've got a lot of PS1 games to redownload, mostly Final Fantasy games.

@WiiBoyChris
Full PS Vita games are like PSP full games. Some will only be around 1 gb, while others will be around 3-4 gb. Uncharted and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, for example, are around 3.5 and 1.5 gb, respectively. A PSN Vita games, like Super Stardust Delta, takes up around 800 mb.

@Glass Eye
Well, you'll definitely need a memory card if you want to download games, DLC, and save certain games. As for that, I'm not really sure which games need a memory card, since I always have a memory card in my Vita. However, Uncharted does need a memory card, or else it won't even boot up (from what I read, so I can't confirm that).
Also, as for that sucker part, you're kinda right. I paid $250 for the 3DS when it first came out, and no less than 7 months later, it's official price was already cut down to $170... Boy, did that freaking piss me off. If it was cut down a year later, I would be fine with it, but less than a year?? That's kind of like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3's announcement! At least it was released 9 months later from the original game!! The free Ambassador games were nice though. Other than that, you should be grateful for launch day buyers. They buy the consoles and games as soon as they're out to show the companies that we like the product, and for them to keep on manufacturing these products. They also see just how good these products are, and if there's any complaints, the companies take notice (not at all the times, but they do listen to SOME complaints), and fix them in future revisions or updates. So, don't be disrespectful for the launch day buyers, you ungrateful hobo.

Last edited:

Rezzo

Occasionally
Yeah! Glad you caught that.

Hey, that guy sounds pretty cool. Why, the other day I met a guy who was just walking down the street, and he stabbed himself in the stomach.

It's nice to know that there are good people in the world.

That happens to me a lot, and the shooting in the face thing too... I wonder why?

Ahem anyway I don't plan to get a PS Vita. As NightShadow and others have pointed out it's way overpriced for its category. Also I didn't like the PSP.

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
I played one in a games store and to me they're not worth the price!

Cobalt_Latios

Whenever the price eventually drops and it's hacked.
Yes for the first, and maybe the second.

3DS hasn't been hacked yet, although the Vita pretty much does what I wanted from the 3DS anyways.

Step 1. Get a job
Step 2. Buy a PS3
Step 3. Wait for more Vita games that'll grab my interest to be released (so far, only Uncharted: Golden Abyss)
Step 4. Wait for a price drop
Step 5. Buy a Vita
Same here, just swap Uncharted: Golden Abyss for Gravity Daze and you have mine.

I'm not and I doubt I ever will. Here's my reasoning.
Wait, what?

Oh, I get's it now, you're a Nintendo purist, right?

._. That was the first thing I noticed about you username, I thought it was obvious.
Actually, I just noticed it now.

This.

I for one, will eventually get the Vita. I didn't get the PSP, but then again there really wasn't all that much for it that I wanted when it was first released. However, the Vita is getting a lot of games that I want, like say Gravity Daze (Rush), BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rayman Origins, Dragon's Crown, an original Bioshock game, and probably a bunch of other stuff down the line.

So, do I want one? Yep.

Unfortunately, I also want a 3DS, so that take's precedence. As well as the PS3. So... later, much later. But I intend on getting one.

Dat screen :O!