• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's going to go see Tron: Legacy?

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I wanna go, but I'm a little short on money this year. :(

I saw the original Tron when I was a small kid, and I thought it was amazing, despite not understanding the story at the time. Then I saw it again while I was in middle school, and I loved it even more. :D

Tron: Legacy looks really good, too. :D

So, who's going to go see it?

Please be nice, this is my first thread ever since I joined Serebii. Okay?

Whimsy

I've never seen the first one, but a group of my friends (including me!) are going to see it on Thursday at midnight!

natie

Mr. F
I am.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Hmm it looks interesting, the light cycles and all..probably GREAT to see in 3D! Can't wait!

Man this movie looks so cool, definitely on my list of things to watch. However, I don't plan on seeing it at the cinema. I've seen the preview for it twice now, and MY GOD IT IS LOUD. Seriously, deathly loud, and I am not putting up with that shit for an hour and a bit.

Manchee

extra toasty
Man this movie looks so cool, definitely on my list of things to watch. However, I don't plan on seeing it at the cinema. I've seen the preview for it twice now, and MY GOD IT IS LOUD. Seriously, deathly loud, and I am not putting up with that shit for an hour and a bit.

That's how I feel about it. I remember when I saw Clash of the Titans there was a preview for it, and all I could think about was, "Who would pay to see something this loud?" ^^;; Now that I have seen more previews and stuff I think it looks cool, but I won't see it unless someone asks me to go with them.

Dattebayo

Banned
I'm going to see this movie; it was really wise for me to watch the first movie before planning to watch the sequel. Hopefully there will be a Tron-based ride in Disneyland if it's a success.

danlptr12

Tron: Legacy is a good movie that has amazing moments and is beautiful to see. I have seen this movie, and I think that the stunt work and action sequences in this Tron sequel are some of the best of the year. It is one of those rare movies that manages to do justice to its source material without being a slave to it.

Dattebayo

Banned
Of course, the movie flopped in the box office just like the original did, thus crushing hopes of a possible Tron-based ride at Disneyland. I guess this may discouraged Disney to make another one since history is suddenly repeating itself.

charizardfan

The movie was good, not the best thing to have come out of 2010 but enjoyable enough. No real issues with the acting, but some of the dialogue's a bit on the corny side ("Tron, what have you become"). The music alone more than makes up for that. Unlike a certain other movie that came out last December, this one's not nearly three hours long and is paced nicely, meaning that I don't spend a half-hour wondering why more cool stuff isn't happening. I also had the pleasure of watching it in 3D and the visuals are downright spectacular. I would also like to say that it isn't necessary to see the first film. I still haven't seen the original Tron and could follow the story just fine. If you can stomach some bad dialogue then the movie's definitely worth it.

Why would people want to watch Tron when they can watch Black Swan? It's obviously superior.

But seriously, I really have no interest in watching it. Doesn't sound very appealing despite all my friends saying it was good. However if I took everything my friends said seriously, I'd probably be in rough shape. Ha. So, no, I will not watch it. 8)

Dattebayo

Banned
Why would people want to watch Tron when they can watch Black Swan? It's obviously superior.

You can't just limit yourself to only watch movies with oscar nominations, that sounds worse than not watching the film because you have little interest in seeing it yourself.

You can't just limit yourself to only watch movies with oscar nominations, that sounds worse than not watching the film because you have little interest in seeing it yourself.

Implying that I'm aware it was nominated for an Oscar.
Implying I care for award shows.

If those were facts I'd be the biggest LoTR fanboy ever. I'm not, I hate those movies. I liked Black Swan because the acting was amazing as was the story. I'm not the type of person that wants to see a movie because "OMGZ ITZ 3D!11!" or "OMGZ LOOK AT DOSE CGI EFFECTZ THATS CRAZY" or because it has a nerdy cult following. Black Swan is legit, and Tron isn't appealing to me. Simple as that.

Dattebayo

Banned

If those were facts I'd be the biggest LoTR fanboy ever. I'm not, I hate those movies. I liked Black Swan because the acting was amazing as was the story. I'm not the type of person that wants to see a movie because "OMGZ ITZ 3D!11!" or "OMGZ LOOK AT DOSE CGI EFFECTZ THATS CRAZY" or because it has a nerdy cult following. Black Swan is legit, and Tron isn't appealing to me. Simple as that.

So you hate nerds and anything associated with them? So why are you on a Pokemon forum then? There are some movies with CGI effects and good acting/story such as Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color

Black Swan is also a completely different genre and attracting a very different crowd of people. What you're doing is like comparing Pizza Hut to Wendy's.

Black Swan was a very good movie, yes. It was a psychological thriller, essentially. Rated R.
Tron: Legacy was also a very good movie. However, it was more action-y and rated PG.

One movie is for a more adult crowd with a craving for something that leaves you thinking. The other is for a family-oriented crowd with a craving for a visually appealing action adventure.

They aren't comparable.

So no. Black Swan is not "superior" simply because your personal tastes say so. Get your facts straight before making bold-yet-misguided claims. I saw both movies, and liked them both. But they were catering to different people.

Also, Tron: Legacy is much more than just awesome effects. The story is actually believable as far as Sci-Fi movies go (not so much the settings, but moreso the character interactions and reactions) and while it was somewhat predictable (for the record, Black Swan's ending was also predictable), it was still fun to watch. The effects enhanced the experience, but that is true for pretty much any movie you see.

Black Swan is also a completely different genre and attracting a very different crowd of people. What you're doing is like comparing Pizza Hut to Wendy's.

Black Swan was a very good movie, yes. It was a psychological thriller, essentially. Rated R.
Tron: Legacy was also a very good movie. However, it was more action-y and rated PG.

One movie is for a more adult crowd with a craving for something that leaves you thinking. The other is for a family-oriented crowd with a craving for a visually appealing action adventure.

They aren't comparable.

So no. Black Swan is not "superior" simply because your personal tastes say so. Get your facts straight before making bold-yet-misguided claims. I saw both movies, and liked them both. But they were catering to different people.

You forgot that when I stated, "Black Swan is superior", that was obviously an opinion. I never claimed it being superior as a solid fact now did I?

Perhaps you misunderstood. When I said the word fact it was was in the context of Dattebayo's, "You can't just limit yourself to only watch movies with oscar nominations." If that were a fact about me, I would "be the biggest LoTR fanboy". I'm not.

That's been cleared.

They are comparable as far as "Hey Overdose_On_Life what was the best movie of 2010?", "Black Swan of course." Which is again, an opinion not a scientific poll reading.

It doesn't matter to whom the movies cater to.

The thread is "Who's going to go see Tron: Legacy?"

I answered "I have no interest in watching it." after stating a personal opinion.

Notice how many times I say "I"/"me".

So you hate nerds and anything associated with them? So why are you on a Pokemon forum then? There are some movies with CGI effects and good acting/story such as Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park.

That's just silly. I don't hate nerds. I said I'm not going to watch a movie because it has a nerdy cult following, were you offended by that? My bad broseph. I'm on a Pokemon forum because I like Pokemon, wouldn't that make me a nerd?

Of course.

And I never said there weren't good movies with CGI and story. I just said I'm not going to watch a movie simply because it's all "cool" looking with CGI. The story doesn't interest me, so why should I watch it?

People on Serebii must be really bored.