• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkyperson

Light Ball Collector
Isn't it possible with Colosseum? It would not make sense that my Feraligatr is in my party because I don't remember ever getting an egg for it, or getting it off GT. In fact, the only egg I got was a Charmander egg.
The problem being the way you worded it.

The way your first post was written made it out that it was your Feraligator from Silver itself, not from Colosseum.

Pete

I want in.
The problem being the way you worded it.

The way your first post was written made it out that it was your Feraligator from Silver itself, not from Colosseum.

I remember trading it around a lot from RSE, then Diamond onto Platinum. I don't specifically remember, over a decade ago, that I traded from Silver to Colosseum, or however it happened, I just know that this Feraligatr was traded through at least two generations.

After looking things up, it's not possible to get anything from GSC onto generation 3, not even from Colosseum. I think I unfortunately mistook the Feraligatr for the one I had in Silver. I forgot exactly how I got the Totodile in 3rd generation, but I have him. And I know for a fact I traded him plenty of times, so that's probably why I got confused.

Sorry about pulling something out of my rear, I honestly didn't mean to. I thought I did get him from Silver, thought it's been way too long, hopefully you know what I mean. :(

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
i really dont care who i pick or who picks me.. i love them all, all have pros and cons, and all can get outclassed by others out there.

UltraCan

Cyndaquil

I am sure that I will use my Sceptile and Swampert in my Team so I will choose Cyndaquil and evolve it to Typhlosion to use it as a fire type.

;155;

caligirl

For soul silver, it'll be Chikorita and Hear Gold it'll be Totodile... I have a Typhlosion in Sapphire (I thank whoever traded that game back in at gamestop! :D) that I plan to transfer to either diamond or platinum then breeding it a few times then trade them over to both, HG and SS! (Assuming trading from HGSS to DPPt is in fact possible)

Mr.Nightmare

Hmm....Chikorita on SS, and I'll probably go with Totodile on HG. Everyone is getting Cyndaquil so I'm sure there won't be a problem getting one haha.

navy1453

im going for totodile on ss...he's my fav of the jhoto starters

Chikorita is the worst 2nd starter but I can't never choose well between Totodile and Cyndaquil. But I guess when I'll buy it I will go with Totodile like in my actual Gold version game. My Gold team is: Feraligatr,Dragonite,Tyranitar,Ho-Oh,Umbreon and Ampharos.

Meganium has great defenses, that's for sure. But its offensive stats aren't great, and it's a little on the slow side. Typhlosion is fast and can deal out powerful Special attacks, but it can't take many hits. Feraligatr has great Attack and Defense, but lacks in Special stats. It's also the slowest of the three. All have their strengths and weaknesses, so I'm not really sure who to pick. :/

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
Dilemna

At first, I thought about rechoosing Cyndaquil since it was my first Johto starter for Gold. But now that I have become more strategically minded, I have deduced that Ho-Oh makes for a stronger statted Fire type. However, Typhlosion has a strong Special attack and less weakness, unlike Ho-Oh. I'm considering Totodile as an alternate, since it's got a great Attack stat, but I just can't decide. Should I get Cyndie and Ho-Oh both on my team, leave Cyndie/Ho-Oh out for the other, or switch my reserved game?

rocketnyasu

I'm going to go with Chikorita for Silver and Totodile for Gold. (or maybe the other way around. I don't really care which is which) I've never really been a huge Cyndaquil fan, which I suppose is weird. I don't hate it or dislike it really. The other two just stand out more to me.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I'm going to go with Cyndaquil. Since I want to have a Leaf Blade Victreebel and if I'm gonna have a water type with surf, I'd like it to be special oriented.

crazy mankey

FlamingGrass Trainer
Chikorita <3 ;152; My favorite starter along with Bulbasaur

ForteAnly

For Heart Gold I decided for a Totodile a long time ago but for Soul Silver i haven't decided for Chikorita or Cyndaquil. I want to raise a Cyndaquil for nostalgia but I wanted to try raising Chikorita because I wanted to try something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.