• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dummy

Shine Now!
Cyndaquil in my original silver was my starter, and I'm stricking with it in SoulSilver.

icewolf741

Lucario Trainer
Totodile! Definitely! My Totodile on Silver was amazing, it never fainted throughout the ENTIRE game. It even took down that stupid Miltank with barely a sliver of health left. =D

I'm really excited! =D

seraph8x

Catastrophe
Cyndaquil. Fire types FTW. That, and it seems like a viable special sweeper with 100 speed and 108 special attack.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
JP-HeartGold= Totodile
JP-SoulSilver= Chikorita
English HeartGold= Totodile
English SoulSilver= Cyndaquil

:D

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
Since I a buying both... On Gold I'm chosing Cyndaquil. On Silver I'm chosing Chickorita.

I voted for Chikorita. <3

mitchiscool~

OU = Owns yoU.
Cyndaquil.

No reason. Just Cyndaquil.

SolarBean

Deuterostome Club
I'll pick Chikorita...one of the two best grass starters.
And I'll probably have a Cyndaquil on the team because it has such a cool evolutionary line.

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Yay! ^_^ My most wanted game of all time is official! :D

I will probably go with SoulSilver and get Cyndaquil as my starter. Silver was my first Gen II version and Cyndaquil was my starter. I will get both versions eventually, though. :)

And I couldn't be happier, 'cause my Silver Version's battery is dead. T_T

I can't wait!

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Cyndaquil I think. Its the one I didn't start with when I had the old games. Though as I got Colosseum I'll trade the other two across. I think its great the Johto starters are the only ones that can be legitimately in other balls than the standard pokéball. I've got a Meganium in a premier ball and a Feraligatr in a net ball.

mewmew202

I'm not sure at this point. They are all adorable and my favorite starters overall. But I think my favorites are probably chikorita and cyndaquil. I'll probably go with cyndaquil because I love quilava. I know typhlosion is cool but quilava just makes me want to hug it!! Okay obsessing over I'm just happy about this remake!!

DYLANJON

FC: 4855 8997 3020
OK, heres the plan:
DYLANJONs Super 10 Step Plan:
1. Choose Cyndaquil.
2. Beat Game.
3. Head to Kanto & catch Suicune
4. Start a new game and choose Totodile.
5. Beat game.
6. Go to Kanto and catch Raikou.
7. Start a new game and choose Chikorita.
8. Beat Game.
9. Head to Kanto & catch Entei.
10. Trade 3 Dogs to Pearl.

Totodile was my first Pokemon ever, and one of my absolute favorite Pokemon.

I'm going with Totodile! :D

Mawile412

Problem
I think im going with chikorita. it's just sooooooo cute! XD

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Cyndaquil.

The lack of a powerful wild fire-type is apalling in all four generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.