• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissesGlass

Eevee Collector
I'm not sure at this point. They are all adorable and my favorite starters overall. But I think my favorites are probably chikorita and cyndaquil. I'll probably go with cyndaquil because I love quilava. I know typhlosion is cool but quilava just makes me want to hug it!! Okay obsessing over I'm just happy about this remake!!

Wow I completely agree with you I love Quilava!!!! But yeah I would choose Cyndaquil and probably get Heart Gold first because I like Ho Oh better than Lugia, Rainbow and Cute Fire type Pokemon 4ever!!!

Saiki

I'll be getting Cyndaquil on SoulSilver. I love Cyndaquil. <3 It was my first starter on Silver.

Last edited:

Java-wolf

Supports Buizel&Ash
Totodile on one and Cyndaquil on on the other! aha. I hope they have newer animations though. Totodile's lack of real animation on the DPPt games made me sad. (I want a dancing Totodile XD)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Totodile was my first Pokemon ever, and one of my absolute favorite Pokemon.

I'm going with Totodile! :D

Same her buddy! Feraligatr is the best Water starter by far, and my second favorite Water pokemon, with Starmie at the top. Feraligatr FTW!

Totodile. When I played through Gold the first time, I started with Cyndiquil just because 'Fire Type! Must Be Cool' was the first thing too pop into my young head (though I still do like Fire Types). I've grown to like Feraligatr much more.

Wow I'm shocked to see Cyndaquil so popular, I thought Totodile was more favorable, seemed that way back in the 2nd Generation days.

... You're kidding, right? Pretty much every Generation, the Fire Starter is the most popular and / or used. The only exception I've seen is 4th Generation, where Piplup where it seems like Piplup is tying with Chimchar.

Mizu♪

Probably cyndaquil, because I simply love fire pokemon! But chikorita has sentimental value to me because he was my first starter choice ever. :3

EeEeeeeeee~ CAN'T WAIT

RagingTyphlosion

Game Corner Addict
... You're kidding, right? Pretty much every Generation, the Fire Starter is the most popular and / or used. The only exception I've seen is 4th Generation, where Piplup where it seems like Piplup is tying with Chimchar.

Your probably right. But among the people I used to battle with back at school, me and my Typhlosion used to get owned! I remember so many Feraligatr's, it seemed everyone had not gotten over Charizard yet to make way for the new Fire type. I'm sure Feraligatr was more popular. Meh who knows.

Haruka

Banned
I had a really hard time picking in between Totodile and Cyndaquil in Crystal and I still do. In the end though, I'll just continue picking Fire Starters like in every game I have. After all, plenty of good Water Pokemon out there.

Cyndy.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
I always started out with Totodile so I might choose Cyndiquil instead.

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
Cyndiquil as I remember my rocking Typlosion I used back in Crystal (which I loved of the 2nd gen group [well Suicune is one of my all time faves overall])

I remember he had

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
and something else

Fire types are just fun.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
My favorite game of all time must be honored. I'm going with the first Pokemon I ever picked the first time I played the game: Totodile. We're gonna destroy, son. Me and my buddy.

adam1990

I voted Totodile, though it very well could end up being Cyndaquil. I already have a strong Meganium, so I won't get a Chikorita. Tough decision, but as of now, Totodile gets the edge.

chikoritalover16

In case you can't see my username, Chikorita. I'm going to start it over a bunch of times in the beginning though so it's female. xD

Defy gravity!
;152;

Status
Not open for further replies.