• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosth

Totodile I like water the most of them.;159;

Digitalkaiser65

Dark Master
Cyndaquil because I never REALLY started with him ten years ago! :0
Which is a damn shame!

Cyndaquil for whichever one I get first (SoulSilver most likely) then Totodile in the one I'll get later.

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
I am picking chikorita since it was the first pokemon I ever had! But I will miss my token water starter in the game but, chikorita is worth it! XD

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
Chikorita, it was my first pokemon ever. And its a grass dinosaur, thats more than enough reasons for me to pick one.

typhlosion64

elite trainer
on soul silver im starting with totodile and heart gold cyndaquil i cant wait to see their sprites its gonna be the best game forever

KKInu

I LOVE the Johto starters, they're my favorites.......

but always and forever cyndaquil. I can't imagine not starting with one. In every Pokemon game with the exception of DPPt I started with the Fire Starter, so I don't want to break from that.

I'll probably transfer the chikorita and/or totodile from one game over to the one I start off with or something.

Besides, I like Silver with a Feraligator.

TheCookieCutter

с нами Бог
Im torn between cyndaquil and totodile. Both are very cool but Im not sure.

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
I'm selecting Chikorita, even though the first two gyms will be tough with it. It's my all time favorite Starter Pokémon, and my fourth favorite overall.

Cyndaquil.

Always start the first game with Fire, thanks to the lack of fire Pokemon in the beginning of each game and not being able to get one until at least near the middle.

The only time I didn't start with a Fire was Platinum. Piplup is just too dang cute.

I do the exact same thing with Grass Pokémon, because out of the three types, Grass is my favorite. I even chose Piplup in Platinum, because I've grown to really like it. And I know you mean about the Fire Starters. In Diamond and Pearl, if you didn't start with Chimchar and had no one to trade you one, the only other Fire Pokémon you could get was Ponyta, and with the exception of their evolutions, no more appeared until you get the National Pokédex.

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
well if i buy both then one game is gonna be there so i can beat it, transfer, erase, repeat. i think heartgold will be the one that i only have one profile on. on that game ill choose Totodile. soul silver will start with chikorita.

Bobby Emerald

The Poke-expert
I always picked Totodile in Crystal, but I'm considering Cyndaquil now because of his awesome movepool.

toq

I plan on playing Soul Silver with totodile first, like I did with the original silver. For Heart Gold, I think I'll go with chikorita.

giratinalord181

Ultimate Champion
Well over a period of time I've managed to get Meganium,Typhlosion, and Feraligatr in my Diamond version by trading.So it doesnt matter which one I pick since I'm gonna have them all :D!!!

Faerie

MONS
I think I'll go with cyndaquil. I did when I played through Crystal but I'll do it this time too, just because I can. It has nothing to do with what starters Gold, Silver and Crystal got in the manga. Noooo, nothing at all.

Lord Ike

Gold was the first game a I got on my gameboy (then yellow), I chose Totodile and was sad when my game crashed. I will honor his *** kicking memory and go back to my roots.

Man I sound like a dork.

CDazzle91

Poke-Czar
I'm taking totodile. I used chickorita, and had a beast of a Meganium in the originals, and i have an amazing typhlosion in Pearl, so, I want to raise a good Feraligatar, because I've never had one that's any good.

ap13095

Noobslayer
Totodile all the way!
Actually, let's change that to...
Feraligatr all the way!

Sailor_Tenchi

Cydaquil- it's my favorite after Charmander. I always pick the fire type...even when I don't like it the best. *coughchimcharcough* I have Pokemon OCD. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.