• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
I'm getting both Heart Gold and Soul Silver, so Cyndaquil for Silver and probably Totodile for Gold, though I might just go with Chikorita instead.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Probably Chikorita. If I remember correctly (and this is assuming they have similar Pokemon 'spawns' as the originals), the original games lacked really good wild grass Pokemon.

Although, It doesn't matter that much to me. In almost all of my games, I ditch my starter somewhere between gym 2 and 3.

rocky505

I'm getting cyndaquil in Soulsilver and Totodile in Heartgold.

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
I'll probably be sticking to Cyndaquil since there are few good fire pokemon out there even though I'm reallt quite attached to all of the Johto starters :)

Alloute

Not Banned
Cyndaquil in HG, and Chikorita in SS

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Put it this way, if I start with Chikorita, I not only get my favourite starter, but I can then go on to add Houndour and Vaporeon....or Flareon and Slowbro.

Icicle

Chikorita or Totodile. My fiance's picking Cyndaquil, so I don't wanna copy and I want a challenge :3

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
I'll be going with Heart Gold, and I'll have Cyndaquil as my starter. If I end up picking up Soul Silver as well, I'll probably go with Chikorita for that one.

hellmetal789

continues to strive!
cyndaquil for gold and chikorita for silver ;)

mewfanforlife

I will probably use Totodile since that's who I used first originally (I think). Additionally, I already have a bunch of Chikorita's on Emerald from breeding so I don't need that for a starter. I'll just choose Cyndaquil when I eventually buy the other version.

Usagi

Either Chikorita or Cyndiquil for me.
Never was too fond of Totodile for some reason.

Sairus

The Illuminated
I've never liked any of the Starters in this generation. Chikorita is my favourite to start off with, but I hate Meganium XD
Guess I'll be going with Totodile, since Ferraligator is the only one I can stand looking at for any length of time!

(Also, to clarify the first post in this thread, you can also get all the starters in Pokémon Colosseum. It's where I got em anyways~)

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
I think I'll have to go with Totodile. I always go with the water type starters (just as I chose Totodile in my Gold). But since Wartortle is my favorite starter, this'll give me a good reason to raise a strong Feraligatr.

Darth Kitty

Hm. Must be on drugs
Cyndaquil, most definitely~

It was my starter in my old silver, so yeah. I'll even name it after my cyndaquil from back then; Cinders. <3

Fire_Fan

Watch me burn..
Cyndaquil! But then again when it finally makes it way here I'll be buying both versions since I had both Silver and Gold so I'll be going with Chikorita for my HeartGold and Cyndaquil for SoulSilver. I had a Typhlosion and it was my first level 100 Pokemon gooood memories.

scrapbook

My Emo Friend
this is awsome that they are remaking gold and silver, and know its making me want to dig through my closet for pokemon gold to play. My Starter will be Totodile, I really really love the water starters

Status
Not open for further replies.