• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i had cydaquil in GSC and always had a better advantage. Sprout tower was always the easiest way to get cydaquil to evovle.

CloverTheKirlia

Confidence Is Power
Totodile. i love water types :) plus, he (or she if im lucky) was the one i chose in my Silver game! Abnd boy was I happy with that little Crocodile/Alligator! :)

tajio

Wow! Cyndaquil = 765 which is 46.28% including my vote, man people sure do like Cyndaquil :D

So yeah, I'm choosing Cyndaquil because I always choose fire type's lol, they look so cool!.

AdnRayquazaSilver

Silver Lightning
I'll choose Cyndaquil for two reasons.

One, I've always loved that little fire Pokemon.

Two, EVERYONE thinks my personality is that of Cyndaquil.

Blufyre77

Idk what to do... I used chikorita on my first pkmn game ever(Silver) and it's pretty decent so I'm leaning towards that... However I kind of like cyndaquil more and I probably won't have grass on my final team anyways, having a fire type works great. But I already started with cyndaquil on my recent Gold playthrough, so I will probably start with chikorita and have someone trade me a cyndaquil.

Prof.Maple

He's been seen!
I'm going to choose chikorita, because I love grass-types (in fact, I always choose it as my starter the first time through a game), and if I can't transfer my Meganium from Crystal (which I sold to my friend anyway) I'll have to find another way to get one.

BTW, anyone else planning on trading all of the Johto starters to one game?

When i import the Jap version of SS, i'll get Chikorita

English SS Totodile.
And English HG Cyndaquil,

I'll get HG Last

Seeing as i already have like, 3 typhlosions on my platinum

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
Cyndaquil and Quilava are probably the coolest Pokemon ever.

But I detest Typhlosion.

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
I'll be using Totodile.

...And I won't evolve it further than Croconaw. Feraligatr is creepy. >:

;160;To many people, Feraligatr is considered the coolest starter, and possibly even the coolest pokemon of all;160;. HOW DARE YOU!! Regardless it's anomynous that i will be choosing totodile as my starter. i'm getting all my original Silver team. ;160;GO FERALIGATR!!;160;

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I'm going to choose chikorita, because I love grass-types (in fact, I always choose it as my starter the first time through a game), and if I can't transfer my Meganium from Crystal (which I sold to my friend anyway) I'll have to find another way to get one.

BTW, anyone else planning on trading all of the Johto starters to one game?

I might breed my Quilava and Meganium for them, if I can borrow a friend's DS for awhile, and build a team around them. if not I'll do it the old fashioned way steal the DS and still do it. Not really but its an idea......

anyway I'd choose Totodile. I always choose water the first game I do and then I decide between the two in the other game. Then when the 3rd comes out (Each one normally has the third Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) I'll get the other. In R/S/E I did the type for each game (Ruby= Torchic, Sapphirre=Mudkip, Emerald= Trecko)

Gladeshadow

My first choice would be Cyndaquil because i've always liked Typhlosion but since i usually end up with both versions (I usually buy one and then get given the other for christmas or something like that) i'll have Totodile on the other game since i think Feraligatr is awesome too >_<

The Flash

I like shorts!
I might breed my Quilava and Meganium for them, if I can borrow a friend's DS for awhile, and build a team around them. if not I'll do it the old fashioned way steal the DS and still do it. Not really but its an idea......

anyway I'd choose Totodile. I always choose water the first game I do and then I decide between the two in the other game. Then when the 3rd comes out (Each one normally has the third Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) I'll get the other. In R/S/E I did the type for each game (Ruby= Torchic, Sapphirre=Mudkip, Emerald= Trecko)

but its going to be like FR/LG. there will only be two games. That might have worked for all the others, but not this time. sorry bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.