• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
In Heartgold, I'll get Cyndaquil. And, in Soulsilver I'll get Totodile.

ibatman

The Magnificent.
No idea, probably Cyndaquil, but the Chikorita looks cute too.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I'll end up with Totodile in Soul Silver (Sentimental reasons) and one of the others in Heart Gold.

Spiffee

Yeah.
Honestly, I really don't know.

I've always liked water starters, but I dunno, I like Chikorita too.

I'm not getting Cyndaquil, so it's just down to those two.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
It's a hard decision between Cyndaquil or Totodile, but I think I'm more likely to get Totodile.

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
cyndaquil for sure!

jorsian

I'm picking Chikorita. I think what I'm looking for from this game is somewhat of a challenge and I think Chikorita will give me that.

I used to always pick Totodile specifically because he could learn Ice Punch as Feraligatr I would defeat the Elite 4 without looking back, but now that I think of it what makes this game fun IS the challenge of raising Pokemon that aren't as strong or aren't great against your opponents.

dkman54321

BERNSTUFFWITHPHIYAH!
Cyndaquil, 'cuz if these games follow tradition then you won't be able to catch fire pokemon till later. Also for nostalgia!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I'm getting SoulSilver, and I will start off with Chikorita, probably SRing for a shiny one. My plan is to have a shiny Cyndaquil and Totodile (through breeding), and I will play through SoulSilver with both a shiny Chikorita and Cyndaquil on my time. I'll save my shiny Totodile for my playthrough of HeartGold, which I will get at a later date.

since i ually whats coming first i always choose the one type that will mefor an example i bulbasaur for my start fr bcuz i new i wold have a much easier fight with broock and misty. by the end of the day i my first 2 gym badges

Last edited:

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Cyndiquil, of course! I have always chosen fire starters because fire is my favorite type and I think all of the fire starters are awesome.

The only exception is when I was in Hoenn. I chose Treeko there.

JohtoDex

I'm choosing Cyndaquil, just like I did way back then...ah, the good ol' days...

pokerusholder

Im planing on getting both so i will most likely have all 3

Status
Not open for further replies.