• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, Chikorita is really unpopular, which is strange, cause I thought that girls would choose it since it's what they'd call 'cute'

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Since I'll be getting both; in HeartGold I'll get Cyndaquil and in SoulSilver I'll get Chikorita. I don't think I ever used Totodile, it just never appealed to me much.

JunJun

I have always chosen the water starter, at least in my primary game. (For example, I have all of RSE, but Sapphire is the one I've played the most and there I have a Swampert.) However, this usually ends with a very watery team. So maybe I should take a different path this time? I have to think more about this ...

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I think I will go with Cyndaquil and Totodile.

PKMN Trainer Manson

Thanks to the physical/special split, Totodile has become a lot more viable. He can easily sport Ice Punch (I'm willing to bet tutors will be in place of the TMs in the department store) or Ice Fang, which is very nice. Give it Waterfall and Swords Dance and I think I've got a very solid starter, and I'd argue the best starter for HG/SS, in my opinion.

Cyndaquil was my old favorite, though, but especially so for Crystal, where Ampharos wasn't around to make use of a Thunderpunch TM.

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
I have always chosen the water starter, at least in my primary game. (For example, I have all of RSE, but Sapphire is the one I've played the most and there I have a Swampert.) However, this usually ends with a very watery team. So maybe I should take a different path this time? I have to think more about this ...

Hey, I love Cyndaquil but a great trainer once said(Karen of the E4) a good trainer tries to win with their favorites!

So pick the water starter, it doesn't matter what's strong or weak. (Even though, *SHAW!* Cyndaquil is the best choice :D)

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Well I usually use water types but I think I'll change it up this time and use cyndaquil so I can sweep through the game faster. Maybe I should check some base stats?

Jirachi_Star

Fiddlesticks!
Has to be Totodile! Its always been my Jhoto favorite. I can't wait for the games :D

Animega90

The Casual Observer
Cyndaquil definatley. Typhlosion was my first pokemon to ever reach lvl 100.
i think i chose totodile once...he wasn't bad...

Waterpokes

I think that having Chikorita makes it harder to win the first two gyms and then rival right after. You can't catch many good Pokemon before beating Falkner, and you have to have a good Pokemon to beat Scyther and then Rival.

But of course, I am going to start over and over again to have my new challenge!
Win the league with all 17 types! If it's enough, that is.

First Easy, then Normal and then Hard!
Cyndaquil -> Totodille -> Chikorita
And because Typhlosion looks like it's ready for war or something and that's makes it more epic!

team_magma93

Hmm... Yes.
Between Cyndaquil and Totodile... I love Feraligatr, but I also love me some fire Pokemon. More than likely I'll end up snagging Cyndaquil, though.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
It's tough for me but I'll most likely go with Cyndaquil. Typhlosion is the one I like the best out of the three and I like to start with fire types.

Simple Star

~ Yeah, I don't know
Cyndaquil! I wove him. I've had him since Normal Gold, i'e chosen Charmander in Leaf green and Torchic in my Emerald.

GlaceonBoy

I Honestly Don't Know What I'll Be Using
On Silver I Used Chickarita
On Gold I Used Cinderquel
and On Crystal I Used Totodile... We'll Have To Se What Mood I'm In LoL

XX Matty XX

;471;

Status
Not open for further replies.