• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Cynidiquil. i love that starter pokemon. so cute. ^^

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well I'm gonna trade an Egg containing a Totodile with Waterfall/Ice Punch/Dragon Dance, so I'll choose another just for Slave purposes.

1,500TH POST! WOOT WOOT

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
Hah, Chikorita is really unpopular, which is strange, cause I thought that girls would choose it since it's what they'd call 'cute'
Well, I'm a girl, and I think cyndaquil is cuter. :) It's just a matter of preference, and balancing the pokemon you like with the difficulty level you want.
;037;

Sonikku

Kanto Starter Fan
Beats me. Ive never played G/S before so I wouldn't be able to choose the pokemon I did before. Cynaquil seems like a good choice, but I may pick a grass starter for a change as I alwas seem to go with fire types. Chikorita was always my favorite of the three.

Still, I probably won't be able to make up my mind until I actually get the game. I can see myself staring at the screen in deep thought about it.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Chikorita was my first Johto starter when I first played my cousin's Crystal game...but then overtime, I started picking Cyndaquil. Yet, when I get Soul Silver, Cyndaquil will stay as my starter.

Mawile412

Problem
Hah, Chikorita is really unpopular, which is strange, cause I thought that girls would choose it since it's what they'd call 'cute'

I'm a girl and i'm picking chikorita! I think it's really cute :) plus i think it stays cute through all it's evolutions!

Rebecca

Probably Chikorita because I used to adore it. Although, I do have a thing for Cyndaquil...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Wow...

1/2 the people picked Cyndaquil

1/3 the people picked Totodile

1/5 the people picked Chikorita

K-B-K

I know i have already said i am picking Cyndaquil but the reasons are that its awesome looking, Typhlosion is, in my eyes, The second best out of all Starters and their evolutions (Losing out to Charmander and slightly beating Charizard.) and because its a fire type and they are purely awesome. XD

SgtSpartan117

Im gonna be starting with Totodile. I picked him in the original and because i have always begun with the water starter in any of the games

BeastlyE

I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZOR
Chikorita. For the following reasons:
1. It was my first starter I ever chose in Gold, and I totally owned with my Meganium.
I wanna get a good nostalgic vibe from this game.

2. I heard somewhere on the Jap. site from translating that the starter you choose determines which Legendary Dog(A.K.A. Suicune, Entei, Raikou) you get. I'm not sure if it was just a weird translation or if its true, but by my reasoning, Pokemon has a tendency to send Pokemon that have a Super Effective advantage on you. So, i'd think that they'd match up the Starter with what would beat it more easily.
Chikorita=Entei
Totodile=Raikou
Cyndaquil=Suicune

jujubesgood

I personally liked these starters the most besides the original three in red and blue, but I'm going with totodile, it evolves into a very sturdy pokemon and may have to join the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.