• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyndaquil is really popular at the moment.
I'm gonna get all the starters, then have an Ash themed Johto team, excluding Bulbasaur.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Cynda.

Just like in the good ol' days.

Ill probably use Chikorita and Totodile when I get the English SS.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
2. I heard somewhere on the Jap. site from translating that the starter you choose determines which Legendary Dog(A.K.A. Suicune, Entei, Raikou) you get. I'm not sure if it was just a weird translation or if its true, but by my reasoning, Pokemon has a tendency to send Pokemon that have a Super Effective advantage on you. So, i'd think that they'd match up the Starter with what would beat it more easily.
Chikorita=Entei
Totodile=Raikou
Cyndaquil=Suicune

Why would they do that?

This is a REMAKE! You will be able to get

EVERY SINGLE DOGGY in this game.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
2. I heard somewhere on the Jap. site from translating that the starter you choose determines which Legendary Dog(A.K.A. Suicune, Entei, Raikou) you get. I'm not sure if it was just a weird translation or if its true, but by my reasoning, Pokemon has a tendency to send Pokemon that have a Super Effective advantage on you. So, i'd think that they'd match up the Starter with what would beat it more easily.
Chikorita=Entei
Totodile=Raikou
Cyndaquil=Suicune

That was Fire Red and Leaf Green yo.

TamerJay

Totodile, it's just got to be. It's the best water starter, and I don't like any of the other water Pokemon in the old Johto Dex.

Cyndaquil isn't too bad, but I would never even consider having a Meganium on my team.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I'm still deciding weather if i should use all of them or just cyndaquil.

I might just use cyndaquil

Pokemon_Special_Fan

Well I plan on getting both games.

Cyndaquil for HG
Totadile for SS
Chikorita I could get from a friend. I don't really enjoy chikorita as my starter. However, I love both cyndaquil and totodile! They both were great starter pokemon. Can't wait to use them both again ^_^

Erienne

Anime high :D
I think I might just go off the deep end but I might pick Chikorita. I've never played as a grass type; heck, until Platinum I always played as the fire type. I've been EVing a Bayleef and it's pretty good, so I might just pick Chikorita over Cyndaquil.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Difficult choice, but a quick decision

All three starters are good and you can make a powerful team with any of them. ;155; is the best out of the three, espically if you can make it learn thunderpunch.

mapleman

<--- uber pwnage
Tododile, for some reasons i always seem to like the water starters more than the others(exept for the 1st gen).

If there were three games I would have chose all three starters but now I would have to go with chiko and toto(breaking the fire type starter rule in my case).

Lord Dialga

The Deity of Time
I chose Cyndaquil when I got Gold back in the ol' millenium starter. I raised it to level 86 Typhlosion. I regret that I never finished the Pokedex, though. Hopefully, now that it's possible to get Ho-Oh and Lugia without the special events, along with Celebi and the Johto starters, I hope I can do it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.