• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ee-vee

Pokemon lover
I love all of the starters.

My sister is going to start with Cyndaquil. Him and his evolutions may be my favorite of the three, but it's alright.

I've decided to go with Totodile. I usually start with a water pokemon, anyway. ;P

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
Chikorita! It's so adorable and I used it in my original game. It's highly underrated.

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
well if they remake crystal i'lll try one different starter in each game.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
I [obviously] love Quilava. Since I will be getting both I'll play Gold as my favourites. Get only my favourites and don't try to even give a crap about getting the national pokedex filled up. So Cyndaquil in that one.

And in Silver I'll just trade all the starters to my gold and then put them back so I can get all the starters in that one.

DuncesOfWur

Totodile..

Because it's the only starter out of the three I like.

spififany

Skitty Fanatic
Cyndaquil, no doubt. Why? Because Typhlosion is the best out of the three Johto starters! I just hope there's still a way to get Thunderpunch in HGSS!

Poison_master021

<----thats right
hmm well on most occasions ill just Scrap my starter but ill go with Todadile but if not ill Scrap it and start with Poliwag,growlith(way better than Cynaquil), and Oddish or Sunkurn when i get to Goldenrod

Tiomasta

Not amused
I was thinking of getting Chikorita, but then I thought that Shaymin would be better for me.
Then I thought of Cyndaquil, but I think that Typhlosion can be outclassed. So, Totodile. My favorite of those three.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
I'm starting to lean towards Chikorita, and I will definitely pick him if their evo line gets some better grass moves via level up. If not, I will go with Cyndaquil. If Typhlosions sprite isn't satisfactory (like they have been in recent gen's) I will go with Totodile. : D

In other words, I still have no clue.

LostHero

Cyndaquil. It was my favorite starter and I feel that its the best choice for the game.

Taquitos

TACOS =D
Cyndaquil!! because i dont like most of the other fire pokemon and i dont like using legendaries for some reason...so yea

lord of all darkness

totodile. it was my first ever starter (crystal was my first game), croconaw was my starter in colloseum, so totodile will be my starter again. it's my second favorite starter ever (squirtle is my favorite)

shyguy725

Now 20% more active!
For HeartGold I'll take cyndaquil.
In Soulsilver I'll use totodile. I suppose it will be interesting as I haven't trained the hyperactive crocodile before.

Status
Not open for further replies.