• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arceus Shadow

Got Shinies?
1. Feraligatr!

2. Meganium!

3. Typhlosion!

Tundra

I want meganium but come to think of it I am starting to lean towards Typhlosion seeing as I have a level 100 Feraligatr in Pearl with good moves (Icebeam, Surf, Irontail, EQ) that I can trade over and make eggs to help complete the dex. While I have a shiny legit Meganium to also do the same to ahve all three starters, so I find it pretty plausable that even though I want to start wtih a chikorita I might get a typhlosion cause I don't have him yet and can't get him.

one4all

top coordinator=P
chikorita....all the way.... and i wont change my mind
i havent picked a grass starter in all pokemon games that i played since i was little...even on platinum and pearl....

Last edited:

Hakumei

Offense > Defense
I'll go with Cyndaquil. Fire-types is what I'm lacking..

lugia p

zekrom trainer
i'll chose cyndaquil because it evolves into typhlosion and it is my favorite pokemon

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Chickorita is cute, and powerful.

Totodile will forever hold a place in my heart as my first Pokemon ever, so of course I'll pick him.

SolarPowerX

My old pal Totodile of course. He's been with me since G/S/C. and now it can finally walk by my side.

jorisw

I'll take cyndaquil in HaertGold and totodile in SoulSilver.

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
i can't choose betwean chiko and cynda

Klozo

The Voyager
I'm having a hard time deciding between Cyndaquil and Totodile. Currently I'm more inclined towards Cyndaquil, seeing as the red Gyarados will possibly make an even better physical attacker than Feraligatr.

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
Totodile! I chose it the first time I played Silver.

Totodile is also one of my favourite starters, and Feraligatr looks very awesome.

~Ledyba;165;

Karmarsi

Eevee Fanatic |D
Cyndaquil, the fire starters are always best to me. I chose Chikorita once, didn't like it very much.

Koridojo_Blaziken

My first choice is Totodile, mostly because it has some pretty decent stats and it's the best Water-type you can find in Johto, the others being just plain old 'meh...' Pokemon like Quagsire (which actually has pretty low attack stats) and Azumarill (Which is even worse with both offensive and defensive). Though I admittedly only remember this being the case in the originals (Silver and Crystal). However, if they change which Pokemon you can get in the remakes, then I may choose Cyndaquil...simply to keep with the team I had for a one-shot I finished for the Heart and Soul contest a while back. :p

Last edited:

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
I'll probably choose Totodile. It has the best offensive movepool. Unfortunately, if Houndoom isn't available in Johto I might start leaning towards Cyndaquil.

Status
Not open for further replies.