• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKTOPIA

cyndaquil wtf!

.Latias.

.:peaceful~dreamer:.
I'm definitely going with Chikorita. I think it's so cute, and I truly love both its evolutions, Meganium being my favorite. And I love its Pokedex descriptions - how its breath can revive dead plants.

Kipcha

Cyndaquil. I always start with the fire type starter the first time around and after tranferring them all to my Dex game, I'll probably go with Totodile and then Chikorita... But Typhlosion was always a bit of a personal fave of mine, so that kind of boosts his chances some more.

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
chikorita or cyndaquil.maybe i'll use cyndaquil cause I don't like ninetales and i playin Soul Silver

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
I've been through them all, and honestly.. Totodile + Evos are just a blast to use. So much power and diversity in moves.. it's so fun.

Cyndaquil loses it's excitement when it turns into an ugly hunchback Typhlosion, with only Fire moves, and Chikorita loses it's excitement when it becomes Meganium.. the retarded looking long-neck.

I'm so glad I decided to stick to my original choice before all this, and get Totodile. Should have done it in the first place.

I believe I would choose Totodile. ^^ He such a cute lil' guy, huh? As later for the game, I would like to have Milotic walk with me. But this little guy goes first. ^^

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
i dont really like the johto region none of my pokemon are from it well my gliscor was a gligar but that doesnt count but i would choose cyndaquil i have always had a special place for him. i was actually thinking of changing my infernape for typhlosion but i thought na. i love the look of the game tho:)!! but im trading my pokemon from platinum to soul silver(thats the one im getting) as soon as i get the last badge because that's when level 100 pokemon start to listen to you.

Last edited:

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
ill be choosing totadile for my HG and my brother wants cyndaquil for his SS... typical theres always been a spot in hist heart for fire types... and explosions as for me i choose the one that best fits my personality (or if they look cool like chimchar) and i chose treecko charmander chimchar and in time totadile

I'm picking Cyndaquil. I had no idea that Cyndaquil was so popular, I thought that Totadile was the most popular.

Anyways, I've heard that fire-types are pretty hard to come by, and I think Cyndaquil would be most helpful for the gyms.

Not to mention, it's the cutest of the three.

I feel so shallow. xD

Dutch-trainer

Girafarigfan #5821.3
Cyndaquil!
I will choose him because in Emerald in the battle frontier factory, I did get Typlosion and I found him awesome. Ever since then, I wanted my own, but didn't get one. Now my chance is coming with Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Chikorita for HeartGold. Meganium can learn Outrage through a Move Tutor in Platinum. There are a lot of water types I want to try out. (I don't just want to be limited to just Feraligatr. Though, I'll probably use him in SoulSilver. If I trade a Chikorita egg to HeartGold, I'll start off with Feraligatr. Then, I can get Cyndaquil in Soul Silver. ^_^)

I could always use Growlithe for my fire type, or get a Houndour egg from Platinum to trade over to HGSS, so I don't have to wait until I get to Kanto.

Chikorita is my first choice. (It was my first ever Pokemon.)

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
i normally use totodile but i will pick cyndaquil and get that extrasensory and beat Morty on the first try

Status
Not open for further replies.