• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas

Fire Rules ... cydyquil

WishmakerX

Event Master Hunter
On my HeartGold, I'm gonna go vintage and use what I used in the old days - Cyndaquil

On my SoulSilver, I'm gonna use Totodile because I have always used water starters, and Silver was my favorite version.

Rainy Lotad

情けは人の為ならず
HG, I'm gonna take Cyndaquil along with me. =D It was the starter from Johto that I fell in love with, and I will be using it for old time's sake.
SS is gonna have Chikorita. =P Cause I need a grass Pokemon and a challenge at the same time. lol

Richied0

I picked Cyndaquill in the originals so I'll go the same route in the remakes. Only problem for me is I remember I ended up switching out Typhlosion in favour of Charizard once I'd got around to Kanto but I'll see how it goes this time around.

mew801

I think I'll get cyndaquil, that's what I did for gold/silver.

charizardmaster125

After discovering that Totodile can learn Ice Fang when it evolves, I think I'l start with it. I've always loved starting with fire and grass types but Feraligater's tough endurance and Ice Fang will definatley help me against Claire and Lance.

I am currently playing the old Silver and I have started with Cyndaquill since the move sets are different. After defeating Red in the re-make, I will probably choose Charmander since it evolves into my most favourite Pokemon.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
Chikorita for me. Raising a Meganium just seems appealing to me, and I am not afraid of the challenge the first two gyms will pose. Also, I am almost certainly going to raise an Arcanine and a Kingdra, taking up the Fire and Water team slots.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
uh probably in soulsilver i'll go with totodile cos i'm a water type fan...
heartgold, i'm gonna bring back cyndaquil, he was my first i think...
i was like six or seven when i got the originals, i dont remember

Dark7

Aura Trainer
Maybe I will choose Totodile! I always have the habit of choosing water types.

crush

& swallow!
i've got saved files with all of them! hee hee, i've gotten the furthest wit totodile (he's a feraligator now, he's so tough and cute, just what i like!) but i've caught entei on my chikorita game ! (she became a bayleef but i usually keep her in the pc bc i prefer execute!) as well as a shiney pidgey (now a pidgeoto!) but i'm playing mostly on my cydaquil game right now, cydaquil is so cute it's on it's second evolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.