• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I'm using Chikorita. It's my favorite Grass starter, and while I like Totodile a bit I don't really care for Cyndaquil, so I'm using my favorite of them. =P

Arceusgamer14

Chikorita in SoulSilver I don't know I just felt like having a Chikorita, I still managed to beat the gym leaders who most of them had a huge advantage at it and the E4.

I was originally going to use Cyndaquil in HeartGold but I kept reseting the file for some reason so I went with Totodile for some reason. (My signature is obvious in HeartGold)

Last edited:

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
I started with Totodile the first time, Cydaquil the second time and Chikorita the third time. Totodile was a fairly good choice, but because of the Red Gyarados you get later in the game, I wouldn't choose it. Cydaquil was just a boss for me and I finished the entire game in <24 hours. Chikorita posed a challenge to begin with, but I liked it and I finished Johto in 48 hours.

Jaguartail

I usually choose totodile, but on my current playthrough I chose chikorita.

SporeH

Slowbro Lover
This would definitely have to be Totodile. I loved Cyndaquil in gold in silver but Totodile was awesome. Normally I would do Cyndaquil but with GTS I'll probably get him with that. Another reason to do Totodile is I love Feraligator (Probably my favorite water type besides Kyogre). Sorry Cyndaquil but I really want Totodile. :)

soundxfury

I used Cyndaquil, because I've always used him in Johto. If I ever decide to also buy HG I guess I'll go with Totodile. But I'll probably pick Cyndaquil in the beginning and then just breed a Totodile in my SS >_>

WastingLight

I picked Cyndaquil, but I put it straight into my pc as I was going to use pokemon that i have never used before.

Natsuri

I wavered a long time between chikorita and cyndaquil. Finally I chose cyndaquil because I like his evolutions better. And then it was pure pleasure leveling him up at the Sprout Tower and the Azalea Gym :)

y1ny4n9

y1ny4n9
i choose chikorita from now on. when i first got the game i chose cyndaquil, but i had to restart due to issues balancing my team. i didnt want to have two fire types in my party(ho-oh).

Status
Not open for further replies.