• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dare I ask? XD

Since there's nothing but speculation, I'll go with one of the very few things that is as sure as confirmed - the starters.

And since we haven't had the Johto starters since forever (unless you're lucky enough to get all three in Emerald), this is basically your one and only chance of using the Johto starters yet again.

So, yes, I'm asking as early as right now...

Once you get HG or SS, who are you starting with?

Valorous

Cyndaquil ofcourse.... Oh man I loved Typhlosion in silver... secondly Feraligatr...and to finish it off I chose chikorita once...

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
Cyndaquil.

Always start the first game with Fire, thanks to the lack of fire Pokemon in the beginning of each game and not being able to get one until at least near the middle.

The only time I didn't start with a Fire was Platinum. Piplup is just too dang cute. But at that point I wasn't really trying to do anything but get to Oreburgh so I could trade and get my full 6 member team (I started a new one from eggs). In which I actually used Cyndaquil anyway. =P

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
Chikorita. I just adored Bayleef when Johto was the 'new' show/game. The only problem is you can be soundly beaten with Chikorita in the beginning but I'll get their in the end.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Totodile all the way!

Rensch

I think I'll go for Cyndaquil. not only does it kill nearly everything you meet in the first few hours of gameplay, but I won't be surprised if the tradition of not being able to get fire types at that point in the game continues, especially since it is a remake of an older game.

Blazing Charmander

Most likely Totodile, to replicate my first ever Silver playthrough in 2001. Ah, those were the days.

However, I may be inclined to go a different route and use the adorable Chikorita. For now, though my standing choice is Totodile.

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
decide

havn't decided yet, maybe Cyndaquil or Totodile.
i'm very happy that they reveamped them ^______^

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well I am gonna choose Chikorita in Silver Soul, because it was my first starter in Silver which was my first game in the 2nd gen (Bulbasaur and Blue was the first ever)

Starrbuck06

Chikorita, i have always chosen a grass starter,i love them.

Steelia

forever.
Cyndaquil, for old time's sake. Fire has always been my type of choice Generation (except for the 3rd; Blaziken was just far too slow to work with >_> ). Whether I will give it a nickname or not... I'll look into that. I've grown fond of nicknames over the growing months.

Cannot WAIT to raise it again in its beloved region.

forgustio

I shall choose Totodile, as i think Feraligatr is the best of the 3 fully evolved pokemon, plus i will have a surfer, and coz i think he is alright as far as the early journey is concerned :) i really cant wait until this comes out already and i live in australia :(

Chikorita their evo. line are my favorite grass type...

Last edited:

petstock

Cyndaquil as it has always bieng my fav. Then again i may go with chicorita as it is the only starter i don't have on platinum so bassicly the only one i don't have.

JD

Totodile or Chikorita I cant decide There both cute totodile makes all he gyms easier I am hoping they gice chikorita acinet power by level up like at level 13 so it will be easier to beat falkner. But probably I will go with the jolly gator

Status
Not open for further replies.