• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devastator1

I'll chose chikorita if I can get a good fire type and cyndaquil if I can get a good grass type. Water type are always no no as you can always catch a better one in the wild.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Always gonna be the water type so it's only right i go with my original g/s/c pick the little feisty dancing crocodile ........Totodile.........which i have claimed by the way :D oh yes lol

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Totodile for me, in SS. If I get HG I'll use the other two

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i havn't decided that yet, i don't know much about the game and what (dis)advantages it might hold for the starters so i'm taking my time for it.

Empoleon Bonaparte

Chikorita or Totodile....I don't know. Of course, Feraligatr is the most useful out of the three, but I've never played with a Meganium before. Either way, it's going to be SoulSilver, because I prefer a lvl.40 Lugia and a lvl.70 Ho-oh than the other way 'round.

By the way, BM14murph, your sig is partly outdated. But that's a good thing! 'Cause you're posting in the HG/SS thread.

Last edited:

txdaan

Who reads this is...
Cyndaquil, I always start with fire and I love his evolution line. That and Typhlosion is very powerfull as starter. I like Chikorita too but Meganium is a bit too huge for me.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Probably Cyndaquil. It's the most creative and visually appealing imo, although having said that, it's evolved forms are kind of 'meh' in comparrison.
Feraligatr is kind of cool, and I've never bothered to train one, so I might go with a Totodile instead.

I might just ditch the starter mid-quest and opt for some Johto guy I never bothered to/had the chance to use the first time around. Natu, Houndour, Murkrow, Sudowoodo, Snubull, *shudder* Marill...

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'm thinking about Chikorita, since that was what I used with my first time through Silver way back when.

I might go with Totodile though.

Shiny Bashamo

Isn't it cute ^^
Cyndaquil I think.

Even though Totodile will make a good chance also because of the level up moves he learnes, Aqua Tail and Ice Fang FTW!

Cyndaquil learnes Lava Plume, so it will be Cyndaquil I think

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I remember Totodile is the only starter I've ever used in GSC. I really wanted to choose Chikorita for a change, but I want a Jumpluff on my in-game team because they rock, and two grasses don't work out well. I think I'll go for Totodile =]

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I intend to get the Gold version, and I'll be choosing Totodile as my starter.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I'm getting Chikorita since that is my favorite pokemon :)

Yami Ryu

For me it really depends- I never liked Cynda or Typh, tho I don't mind Quilava. But I'd rather have a fully evolved starter than one constantly wearing an Everstone.

Anyways as I said it depends, I know for sure I am going to get SS, but not HG, so if I do only get SS, then it's a flipside. I do like Totodile, and I love Feraligatr. I do like Chikorita, and I adore Meganium.

So for me I don't know but if I get both it'd be SS first and Chikorita on that. As it was my first choice on my first run on Silver- as Totodile was my first run on Gold.

DrDimentio

Palindrome-cursed...
I think I'll go with either Cyndaquil or all three, because I always did. I might even give cyndaquil an all fire moveset just for nostalgia of when my movesets were crappy...

It seems to be a tradition for anyone playing a Pokemon game for the first time to have crappy movesets, lol (it's cool you can see your movesets in the Hall of Fame...). At least I'll know what good moves to teach Totodile when this game comes out. No HM moves except Waterfall.

beastofbrawl

Im going to choose tododile hes my fav because later on like elite four he will be more useful than tylosion because he has better deffences

Status
Not open for further replies.