• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Chikorita, it's so under-rated as a starter. Plus it's my favourite.

Andcetera

Crude mother fxxker
My Johto starter will always and forever be totodile.
GAH
this is getting me all excited >u<

Definately Cyndaquil. Especially since being a stupid child during my Silver days I released my Quilava because I thought that by "release" it meant "let it out of its Pokeball so it can follow you around". Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Loupgarou

<--will be mine
I will probably get both and pick Chikorita in one and Cyndaquil in the other.

Pikawho?

(five15)
I'm probably gonna go with Cyndaquil. I've always been a fan of fire-types so it's kinda a no-brainer. However, I may change to Totodile....although it's not very likely.

Chimchar15

Cyndaquil all the way! It was soo awesome is G/S and i can't wait to use it again. I also want to see the johto region redone.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Cyndaquil hands down. It was the first pokemon I got in my first game (Crystal), and I definately have to get Cyndaquil again.

NinjaBaker

Totadile. I have chosen the water type pokemon ever since Red version and Im not stopping now! Totadile was one of my favorites (I liek mudkipz the most) so this should be fun!

;158;

halloweenghost

I look forward to going on new journey with Chikorita...I always pick Grass... (except for platinum when i tried something new))

*RANK UP*

Last edited:

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Has to be Cyndaquil for HeartGold and Chikorita for SoulSilver.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Umm...
Well, when I first played gold, I used Cindiquil...
Of course, then again, I abandoned my starter and focused all my efforts on my umbreon and togetic...

Now, over the years, I've grown to love chicorita... don't know why, but that shall be my starter. (Maybe It's because of my awesome and cute Meganium card...)

So, If you are pwned by a HeartGold user (Though I kinda want SoulSilver, I'm getting HG for memorys sake) with a meganium, umbreon, and togetic, with a name begining with S, chances are it's me.

See Ya!

pela

out of all games this is the hardest of all starters to choose, although chikorita has a lot of problems in the first to gyms, and totodile makes it so easier to pass the game with ice punch, cyndaquil is pretty much the neutral one
im not gonna choose totodile coz i already have a shiny ev trained feraligatr so theres no point in raising another one

Last edited:
I might play through once with my old school Silver team starting with Cyndaquil but since I got him as a team member on Diamond and used Meganium in Platinum...I've never used Totodile so I'll probably grab him...

Fisheye

Oh, I'm a star.
I'm gonna use Totodile.

I mean, Silver was the first Pokemon game I ever held. It's got like, sentimental value on me. I STILL play Silver version now. And since I started with a Totodile then, like, 10 years ago, I'm gonna go back to basics this time. Actually, I really wanted to use Cyndaquil. Typhlosion is awsome. But Totodile was the first Pokemon I ever had, so since I've finally gotten a chance once again, I'm going to star with Totodile.

Status
Not open for further replies.