• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's gonna be your starter?

Who's your starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 844 20.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,905 46.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 1,380 33.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Chikorita, I find it cute. Plus I have two other siblings who plan on getting Cyndaquil and Totodile. We like to stay different.

firepokemontrainer

in Crystal I started with Cyndaquil, so that's who I'll go with. I'm ready for the challenge that Whitney will bring with Miltank.

youssef20138

1000 Years of Pain!
I'll choose Chikorita for once, I always disliked Chikorita in Silver, so just for the lols try and see how much has changed since that time.

Khallin / Maya

I read in some local, can you choose 1 Johto Starter, 1 Kanto and 1 Houenn, if true, i will pick Chikorita, Squirtle and Torchic.

Assined: Maya

Darkness of Zero

Touhou Fanatic
That's probably not true, as it hasn't been confirmed, though you will probably be able to get 1 though events after the nat dex, like in Plat.

Cyndaquil's my choice.

Janovy

Banned
I will probably pick Cyndaquil because of the fact it was my first starter in the original GS games. Its also highly popular.

ap13095

Noobslayer
Harder? Totodile will pwn with its awesome physical movepool! That being said, I'm going with the little gator.

PlexOnFire

Cyndaquil!!!
I will evolve it no further than Quilava though because I own him :)
I've never gotten further than the 4th gym in G/S/C so this new version will be a new experience for me :)

In my original copy of gold I choose cyndaquil, as the fire type is my favourite and always choose the fire starter. However over time I came to realise that Totodile was so much better and will break my trend with choosing him. He's the 2nd best water starter behind Squirtle, and I didn't even choose him in the 1st gen cos Charizard rules!

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
It'll depend on if other factors are decided based on your starter. Like, Similar to Fire/Leaf when your starter determined which of the beasts was roaming.
I prefer cyndaquil or chikorita, but I could go either way.

tumbleweed93

Is on the case!
Chikorita, I'm trying to get the gold team I lost due to a glitchy electrode with lovely kiss..... That means I need Meganium,Moltres,Jynx,Gyarados,Espeon and Sudowoodo.

Baby Cyndaquil

I'll choose Cyndaquil as it was my actual very first Pokemon and it's my favorite :)

Status
Not open for further replies.