Rowlet capture only got a 4?Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition
* Lillie - a more entertaining Serena?
* Foreshadowing Gladion and Lusamine
* Lillie touches a mon scene
* SM Ash/Rowlett looking decent.
* Why are all Salandit dicks?
* So Lillie has a zoo in her backyard?
* SM seems to be striking a balance between a relatively skilled battler in Ash while maintaining an energetic, prone-to-slapstick behavior for Ash
An enjoyable episode, albeit not too much happened other than Lillie making small progress.
Last ten episodes: 8/8/4/4/6/4/7
So no cons, but still a low score??
I think it deserves AT LEAST an 8.
Rowlet capture only got a 4?
Hadn't realised that CITV is airing Pokemon at 07:25, gee that's early. At least they air the same episode as 18:00 (ie, when all the kids have returned home and aren't sleeping).
Dub was fiiine.
Oh yes, James = HOBBS.
[spoil]'You're really gonna Mantyke this!'
Oh cool! Pretty clever...
'How simple can it get! Wobbuffet!'
'Be like an excited Psyduck!'
'And go for the Golduck!'
Why are you so hit and miss Oak.[/spoil]
Didn't like the part where Sophocle's
annoyinglyhyper Togademaru messes around with the other Pokémon, but the rest of the episode was great. Lillie got some meaningful character development and Ash used Rowlet for the first time in a trainer battle. Rowlet lost... but at least it put up good fight.
As for the english dub, it's decent. I was not too fond of Lillie's dub voice at first, but it's growing on me. And holy s**t, they actually left the original BGM untouched in the last 5 minuites, and even kept some slience in-between the tracks!! What a pleasant surprise! TPCi really should do this more often.
Music kept: (7)
- Title Card
- SM Wild Pokémon battle theme
- SM Trainer battle theme
- The track that plays right after Ash and co. hear Lillie's scream.
- Movie 18 BGM - The Tornado Barrier (This track is awesome!)
- The egg is safe (Dunno what movie is this track from. Does anybody know?)
- SM Hometown theme