• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's in Charge of the Egg? (951)

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
YAS!!! LUSAMINE ANG GLADION CONFIRMED....F** YEAH .
Srry couldn't contain myself but that photo got me so hyped and my inner fanboy just screamed.
BTW this episode was cute and it was great to see that Lillie was able to protect the egg on her own from Salandit.
Good grief TR wasn't here otherwise they'll jst ruin the pace

Last edited:

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Wow!
Lusamine and Gladion are in this episode even if they're only shown in a photo.
Does this mean that they'll play a major role in the series or is this just a cameo.

Hopefully we'll get to see Lusamine later on. I miss her smile...
[imgsize=350]https://lightningfox111.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/image1.jpg?w=584[/imgsize]

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Good development episode for Lillie. I guess we were right about there being a photo and Ash inquiring about it. I do find it real interesting that she once used to be able to touch Pokemon and now I obviously wonder what exactly happened to her as to why she cannot do so now. Ash's Pokemon basically trolling Lillie was a bit harsh lol, but seeing her cuddle the egg at the end was soooo cute! I'm glad Lillie was able to do so and I can't wait for it to hatch now.

Anyway, wasn't expecting Mallow to show up, but I guess she was there to check in on Lillie..? The battle was ok, but I did find Rotomdex a bit annoying. Seeing Rowlet crash into Mallow's head at the end was funny though lol. 8/10 overall on the episode.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
In my opinion i was expecting the Salandit to belong to a Team Skull grunt. Thought it was odd that it was just a random wild pokemon

I also wasn't expecting 2 different eggs. Thought they would be taking care of the one ash brought from Kanto Oak.

Red and Blue

I'm just happy Lusamine and Gladion (and by extension the Aether plot in the anime) were confirmed. That's the most I wanted from this episode

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm pretty sure Lusamine will be portrayed as a caring mother here. The reason being because Lillie lives in a glaringly huge mansion that sticks out like a sore thumb, and she was constantly being cautious in the games so no one important would notice her.

...And the butler doesn't say anything about Gladion? Eesh. Bad prim and proper boy. How dare you shame the family.

Supersonicbro

There. I hope now people will stop assuming that they're gonna cut things out because of the new style this season has.

Anyway, the episode was alright. This episode felt mostly like the first of many steps to come with lillie. The first step is the most important one, but besides being the beginning of everything (figuring out why lillie can't touch Pokémon, the introduction of her family, and her being comfortable with the egg), this episode was just alright in my opinion.

I forget if ash has been effected by teeter dance before, i know other Pokémon around him have despite not being in the battle. And it was weird that after that, the other Pokémon weren't effected when it was used against salandit. That would have been a nice touch seeing rowlet break through the confusion before attacking.

Janovy

Banned
I'm pretty sure Lusamine will be portrayed as a caring mother here. The reason being because Lillie lives in a glaringly huge mansion that sticks out like a sore thumb, and she was constantly being cautious in the games so no one important would notice her.
...you do realize that the reason Lillie was acting that way was because she had stolen Nebby from her mother? And was on the run?

Lillie hasn't done anything bad in SM anime yet so there is no need for her to be cautious.

Supersonicbro

Characters is one thing, but the anime enjoys changing or destroying plots (and who am I kidding, they do this to characters too). We still need to get more hints to see what they have done to the Aether plot.

They're probably going to have lillie go back and ultimately steal cosmog later down the line when she isn't afraid of pokemon.

Janovy

Banned
...You do realize that I know that? Without that, it's safe to say the Aether Foundation - and by extension Lusamine - isn't after Lillie.
I thought you meant that throughout the entirety of the series Lusamine would be portrayed as a caring mother. lol

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Warning: This post contains unmarked spoilers for the game's story (although by this point, I'm sure most of you already know these spoilers).

Whoa! I was NOT expecting both Lusamine and Gladion to be revealed this early, even if just in a photo. (This completely defies anime logic regarding ojousama who live alone with only their household staff and whose family are never around.) I think this pretty much confirms that Lusamine and Gladion will appear later on. Hopefully, this also means the anime will adapt the game's storyline, even if a few details are changed. Perhaps Ash helps Lillie rescue Nebby from the Aether Foundation. Or perhaps Nebby escapes from the Aether Foundation on its own and Ash and Lillie encounter it while traveling. Personally, I prefer the former over the latter, since the latter is basically a mirror of XY(&Z) and Squishy.

I wonder what will happen if/when Ash meets Lusamine and/or Gladion in person. He might not recognize Gladion as Lillie's brother, but surely he will recognize Lusamine as Lillie's mother. (It's not like she has changed all that much.)

Overall, I really enjoyed Ash and Lillie's interactions in this episode. It was sweet of Ash to try to help Lillie conquer her fears. A shame his own Pokémon messed up, although Pikachu at least had good intentions (and really wanted to be petted) and Rowlet was just being Rowlet. Rotomdex, on the other hand...

The battle between Rowlet and Oricorio was fun to watch. It's nice to see the normally airheaded Rowlet can actually be quite serious in battle. It may have lost in the end, but the owl definitely has potential, that's for sure. Also, I laughed when Rowlet crash landed on Mallow's head.

And Tierno, I think we found your long-lost uncle on Melemele Island. :D

I really liked how the Salandit attack scene played out. Lillie's desire to protect the egg overcame her fear of touching it. And when she finally realized she was holding the egg, rather than completely losing her cool, she actually cuddled the egg and commented on how warm it felt.

For some reason, Oricorio screaming at Salandit like an angry parent made me chuckle.

Abzu

Well from what it was said that Lillie developed fears of Pokemon in that way... I think my theory of she seeing Nihilego once was true and the trauma caused her to block these memories.

And we also see Gladion then with this I say the Sun and Moon saga may follow a storyline with more plot instead of all the fillers of previous seasons... I hope.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Rowlet put up a very good fight despite the loss. It knowing Mirror Move is very interesting (although I don't think it can learn it in-game, so I'm not sure what is up with that) and I like that it isn't sticking to traditional formula of all-out offensive moves. Hopefully it can win the next one.

Also I am so glad they won't throw away the Aether Foundation and Gladion plot.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
What a great episode, especially for Queen Lillie!! :)

Good points:

-Togedemaru being cute and showing her abilities. I enjoyed this beginning segment, she's extremely hyper and happy to play with another little guy. Also, Ash sucks at dodging in unexpected moments.

-Mao-Lillie friendship moments. <3 I crave for those moments~ Mao chan was originally supposed to be with Lillie (& Ash) but things came up. Liked it on how Ash volunteered at first but Mao chan said that Lillie should take the egg.

-Lillie being able to take the Pokémon egg and become attached to it. I too would've took the white egg, the flowers are really cute! Also seeing the brown egg again. I knew it wasn't going to be left behind.

-Family photo. So in the end, Lillie did have a family photo with a photo frame. And books. ;)

-Ash choosing Rowlet to battle instead of Pikachu. No worries Pikachu, you'll battle soon enough. Rowlet did great in its first official battle!

-Ash's determination to get Lillie to touch Pokémon and the segment in general. So hilarious and they all sabotaged the mission due to their own quirks! Pikachu succeeded (... somewhat)

-Mao chan getting hit by Rowlet. Ash isn't the only one getting hit.

-Mao chan's bag. It's so unique. It must be ingredients in her bag.

-Mao chan getting more screentime (alas, she didn't do much but she got better than what Kiawe and Lady Lana did. "hopes for a Kiawe episode soon")

-Ash's excitement and him seeing a Butterfree again. ;~;

-The short sudden hatching moment where it tricks you into thinking it'll hatch o save Lillie but it doesn't. Seems like a small bait joke to how the main character gets saved either by their Pokémon evolving or learning a new move. :D

Bad points:

-Where did that Salandlit come from?! Was it going undercover without a Team Skull member or what? It was definitely targeting Lillie.

-I wish the battle wasn't saved for the end. It didn't last very long but it was a good battle.

-Mao chan didn't really do much even with a competent Pokémon like Bounsweet.

-Where is her bed?!

Overall, 8/10. Needed more Mao chan and Lillie action.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
So happy to see they're building up for a nice plot this time! If they don't mess up they can come up with something really good.
Lillie finally holding the egg was such a cute scene.