• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's in Charge of the Egg? (951)

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Welp. They managed to make Peck and Tackle look cool.

Ash and Rowlet did fairly well in their first official battle together, at least the owl seemed to be enthusiastic about it. Status ailments are still somewhat OP in the anime, wonder how different things would have been for Noivern if his Supersonic worked properly. The fact that they already showed Lillie's relatives excites me, I hope that they don't pull off a Team Plasma #2 and turn the potentially interesting plot into something lame.

Well so far, there haven't been any disasters that would prevent the story from coming to fruition like what happened with Team Plasma, and there doesn't seem to be anything in the story that would cause a disaster to bring it to an abrupt halt, so I have hopes that they'll do Lillie's story justice.

Torterraaaa

Really liked this ep; Lillie and Mallow both got some chances to shine. I love that Lillie cares so much for Pokemon even though she's afraid of touching them, and Mallow just seems like a really good friend. So psyched to see Lusamine and Gladion in the anime. It said Lillie became afraid of touching Pokemon after she went with her mother on a trip somewhere, so that should be interesting to find out about.

Also, I feel they're doing a decent job of portraying Ash as a good trainer with an inexperienced Pokemon (Rowlet) and facing a bunch of new Pokemon and moves. Solid episode all round.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I was actually under the impression that Salandit was targeting the egg, not Lillie. I'm not familiar with salamanders or Japanese fire belly newts (aside from what I looked up on Wikipedia), but I do know that some reptiles do eat eggs. The real question is why a wild Salandit would go to such lengths just to get its claws on a Pokémon egg. Are Vulpix eggs some kind of rare delicacy?
Well yeah, it was from the start. Yes, some reptiles eat eggs although I never thought of researching it. I had the impression that that Salandit wanted to wreck havoc considering its intentions were left ambiguous on whether it wanted to eat it, take it back to wherever it came from to do who knows what to it, kill it, or by all mines, raise it itself. All we know is that it had evil intentions. I thought it had something to do with Team Skull. The Salandit from this episode just seems odd if it's just a wild Pokémon who just so happens to overhear random kids raising a Pokémon Egg together and following them around.

I would think Vulpix eggs were rare as it's mostly found in the icy mountains.

I didn't notice that the first time I watched the episode, but you're right, Lillie's bed isn't shown. Now that I think about it, the loft in Professor Kukui's house doesn't appear to have a bed, either. Do Alolans sleep on sofas instead of in beds?
Futons would be a more suitable option. :p

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Found it interesting that the bag she gave to James is her second bag. Maybe she goes to Aether Paradise and takes the bag she's associated with there as well as Nebby.

Jason3b93

I LOVED this episode. I was very worried that Anime-Lillie wouldn't be as good as Game-Lillie's Story. And it's early to say, but I have very high hopes with her. The photo with Lusamine and Gladion... wow. I feel something very dark happened to the girl, with small similarities with what happens in the game with her mother (no spoilers).

Even Rotom is a good character. I feared he could be very annoying.

I really liked the last two episodes, after that awful one with Sophy in the mall. The only complaint, and it's a really minor thing, it's the Oricorio design. Is it me or it was very weird?

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Oh hi, Lumisine and Gladion! Really didn't expect you so soon! :D/:eek:

I know it's just a picture, but at least we have confirmation they exist instead of spending about a year wondering. At least this means they'll show up sooner or later.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm so glad we got to see that Lusamine and Gladion picture. I'm honestly intrigued now as to what caused Lillie's fear of touching Pokemon. Considering Lusamine now works at the place where they took a trip, I'm assuming it could be relating to Aether paradise, possibly even Nihilego? We've seen that Lusamine touching it in Sun/Moon caused crazy stuff to happen, so maybe something like that happened? Remember Guzma's reaction to the crazy stuff happening to him - if it accidentally happened to Lillie, a young girl, that would scar her for life to never touch a Pokemon again for fear of what it would do to her.

Also, Gladion looks f**king adorable in that picture.

DatsRight

Also did anyone notice the blink and you'll miss it gag where Togedemaru hits Kaiwe in the head...and he doesn't even change stance? XD

Also did anyone notice the blink and you'll miss it gag where Togedemaru hits Kaiwe in the head...and he doesn't even change stance? XD

This should be a running gag. Togedemaru goes hyper, it hits Kiawe in the face, Kiawe doesn't give a s**t.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

I've noticed that too LOL

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Kiawe's too old for this ****.

Jason3b93

Kiawe is awesome

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
satoharupika said:
lBad points:

-Where did that Salandlit come from?! Was it going undercover without a Team Skull member or what? It was definitely targeting Lillie.

Nah that was clearly targeting the egg to eat it.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Yeah, Salandit just wanted to eat the egg.

Sneasel Pokedex entry from Moon:

It uses its claws to poke holes in eggs so it can slurp out the insides. Breeders consider it a scourge and will drive it away or eradicate it.

Just a wild animal hunting for food.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Baby steps.

Pros:

* Lillie - a more entertaining Serena?

* Foreshadowing Gladion and Lusamine

* Lillie touches a mon scene

* SM Ash/Rowlett looking decent.

Cons:

(none)

Thoughts:

* Why are all Salandit dicks?

* So Lillie has a zoo in her backyard?

* SM seems to be striking a balance between a relatively skilled battler in Ash while maintaining an energetic, prone-to-slapstick behavior for Ash

An enjoyable episode, albeit not too much happened other than Lillie making small progress.

7.5/10

Last ten episodes: 8/8/4/4/6/4/7

phanpycross

God-king
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Baby steps.

Pros:

* Lillie - a more entertaining Serena?

* Foreshadowing Gladion and Lusamine

* Lillie touches a mon scene

* SM Ash/Rowlett looking decent.

Cons:

(none)

Thoughts:

* Why are all Salandit dicks?

* So Lillie has a zoo in her backyard?

* SM seems to be striking a balance between a relatively skilled battler in Ash while maintaining an energetic, prone-to-slapstick behavior for Ash

An enjoyable episode, albeit not too much happened other than Lillie making small progress.

7.5/10

Last ten episodes: 8/8/4/4/6/4/7
Rowlet capture only got a 4?