• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's in Charge of the Egg? (951)

Pikachu52

Regression, sure a newly caught Rowlet is going to be just as strong as Greninja, Goodra, or Noivern.

8 episodes into XY Ash had captured 2 Pokémon and won his first gym badge. Fletchling's first on screen battle with Ash was against Viola's Surskit which it won.

I never said Rowlett would be as good as Greninja, Goodra, or Noivern, but it shouldn't be loosing that badly

Everything12

Didn't Fletchling lose in the rematch against Viola and just like Rowlet its defeat at the end was because of a status move.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lmao fanbase grasping at straws as usual just to hate on a series just because Ash's art style is different and he's not XY Ash :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It's also forms another sad mark of Ash's regression. Not only did Rowlett loose against Oricorio. It failed to land a single hit. Fair enough the butler might be really good, but Oricorio didn't exactly do anything particularly skilled either given it only used two moves. I get that he's in a new region and only just caught Rowlett, but this is still a remarkable demotion considering the battles he was having at the end of XY.

A newly caught Rowlet losing against an experienced Oricorio is not a sign that Ash has regressed as a Trainer. It's a sign that his Pokémon is an inexperienced battler. This battle didn't reflect on Ash's skills as a Trainer. He has certainly not regressed.

Vipsoccermaster

The eighth episode of Sun & Moon, focusing on Lillie taking on the task to care for the Pokémon Egg, aired today in the United States. It's a pretty good episode. Good to see Lillie finally got over her fear of touching Pokémon, but not completely. The battle was okay, but of course Rowlett lost because it was its first battle and did not have any prior experience. Also, the door on the limousine closed on its own, and it cannot have been Salandit, as it was under the vehicle. Mysterious.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Also, the door on the limousine closed on its own, and it cannot have been Salandit, as it was under the vehicle. Mysterious.

There are such things as powered doors with remote control from the keychain.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Interesting episode. I think I might know what's bothering Lillie. It has to do with her mother's work.

[spoil] She obviously had a bad experience with an Ultra Beast. Maybe Lusamine summoned a Nihilego and Lillie came into contact with it [/spoil]

Vipsoccermaster

I don't even get the point of this because the opening has had the egg since the beginning. What's the point of "spoiling" that Lillie will get an egg in the opening, and then not showing it in the ending?

It is nice though to actually have an ending animation in the dub this season.
They probably forgot to remove it back then, and it was too late. So I guess they never bothered for future episodes until this one. Still, it's not like TPCI assumed people also watched the Japanese (raw) versions.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, if it weren't for the fact that I already knew that Gladion appeared in the last episode in Japan (can't really help but be spoiled when Serebii plasters an image of his face right on the home page), Lillie's picture of her family would have been a very pleasant surprise. Interesting that she's not a runaway in the show, obviously they're going for a completely different story. And based off that comment about she can't remember why she's afraid Pokémon, but it has something to do with her mom, we could be going into something very deep here. Perhaps its some sort of PTSD from seeing an Ultra Beast, or maybe she was part of some sort of experiment relating to the Ultra Beasts that traumatized her so much, she forced it from her mind. Very interesting potential.

But where was Team Rocket? They didn't even get there obligatory appearance. What gives? That Salandit was so random, they might as well have replaced it with Team Rocket, and the episode would have been better off. I had assumed it was a Team Skull Salandit, but no, it was completely random. How strange. I hope this is just a one off with Team Rocket not appearing.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
http://i.imgur.com/wMxoWsW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zhtE9DO.jpg

I see why Omode was in charge of this episode...

LMAOOO

Rowlet could stay unevolved and still be useful, especially since the trials work differently to gyms and aren't totally focused on power

Agreed, but I want Rowlet to evolve just because Ash needs a GHOST

-Lillie being able to take the Pokémon egg and become attached to it. I too would've took the white egg, the flowers are really cute! Also seeing the brown egg again. I knew it wasn't going to be left behind.

Agreed, it's not the GS Ball

We need a useless second male who can cook and repeatedly let their Oshawott-like character steal screen time from their Blastoise they never use.

Clemont wasn't part of the group for 3 episodes (XY63-65) proving a second male is unnecessary

The same Incineroar is attacking Pikachu.

Maybe it's Cross's Incineroar

Did you forget about Paul?

Paul doesn't appear in the games

I found it a bit weird Ash asked what that Pokemon was. Like I understand Rotom revealing the entry since it's not personally seen one (aside my gripe of cutaway to the Pokedex in a dangerous, if not emotionally unsettling scene for Lillie), but Ash saw one in SM001. I kinda feel like a quick line along the lines of 'that again?' would have been better.

Agreed. In fact, I got so confused that I paused the episode and went to Bulbapedia's SM001 page to make sure that they weren't Salazzle instead, and thus why Ash was acting as though he had never seen a Salandit

They probably forgot to remove it back then, and it was too late. So I guess they never bothered for future episodes until this one. Still, it's not like TPCI assumed people also watched the Japanese (raw) versions.

I don't even watch the raw or subs. I only watch the dub and don't know what comes next except dub titles and TV guide episode descriptions.

I still knew that Lillie gets an egg, based on the opening and the episode title. That's why I'm surprised they "hid" it in the ending lol because there was really no reason to

Last edited:
This is probably my favorite episode so far.

COMMENTS:

- Lusamine is here, oh my God! And Gladion too! They even hinted at Lillie's past!!!! I am so happy right now. First I was worried that they completely changed Lillie's story since no Nebby, but this makes me feel better. Phew.

- Ash finally battled again! It sucks that he lost, but at least we got a battle!

- Lillie was cool in this episode, I officially like her. She is adorable and there is a lot of potential in her story.

- Mallow was also here...doing stuff. I guess...she cares about Lillie a lot?

- More evil Pokemon, yay!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
- Ash finally battled again! It sucks that he lost, but at least we got a battle!

!
Another bad part about this was that it confirmed the XY VS screens were dropped for this series :(

It was the best onscreen innovation of the XY anime imo

Vipsoccermaster

Another bad part about this was that it confirmed the XY VS screens were dropped for this series :(

It was the best onscreen innovation of the XY anime imo
With the exception of the Grand Trial matches with the Kahunas. It's disappointing to see it exclusive to Kahunas so far, but oh well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked how we saw a regular Rokon egg when Nariya Okido was lecturing Satoshi and the others about Pokemon eggs, although I wished that Lilie was taking care of the normal one instead of the Alolan Rokon egg. That said, I really enjoyed how Lilie protected the egg from the Yatoumori, as well as how we got our first glimpse of Lusamine and Gladio in photo form.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
With the exception of the Grand Trial matches with the Kahunas. It's disappointing to see it exclusive to Kahunas so far, but oh well.

There's a VS screen, but it's certainly not the XY VS screen. It has no Pokémon, just the trainers. Furthermore, it's a STILL image rather than a dynamic moving screen

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
From watching it a while back, it was great to see Lillie getting started to touch Pokémon by successfully touching the Egg and it was funny to see her jumping away when Pikachu headbutted her. Nice to see a photo of Lillie's family from when they were younger too but that Salandit trying to eat the Egg and Lillie attempting to protect it made the episode a bit more suspenseful even though I felt the battle with Hobbes was somewhat a pretty minor thing but at least it got Mallow into the mansion.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The fact that we saw a glimpse of Gladio and Lusamine in a photo frame here made me want to learn more about Lilie's past, which at this point was mysterious and needed more exposure.
Indeed, it was truly excellent foreshadowing.