• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's really running the Pewter City Gym?

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Boy I'm bored to make a thread like this.

Anyway does anyone else get the idea Flint and maybe Lola aren't doing their jobs? As in they're just couple of nymphomaniacs who'd rather ditch it run off somewhere, and only take care of it when they have to. Does anyone really think that Flint's battling all the trainers that come in there since Lola came back, especially since they had no problem abandoning their children and the gym to run off on vacation in the Battle Frontier.

That and the fact that Forrest seemed to know quite a bit about what he was doing, and how to battle with Geodude. And Onix evolved into Steelix. And he was so eager to defend the Gym. As in anyone have the sneaking suspicion that Forrest is illegally battling for Gym badges? Instead of his lazy parent.

Plus the Gym's pretty much been wrecked or looked trashy so much, you might think that they're bribing the Pokemon League to keep it from being inspected. Who knows? Discuss.

Blastoise720

what an EPIC FAIL
I think that Pewter gym is offically under watch of Forrest. I thought that Brock left up to him.

I don't watch the anime at all anymore cause I never got time so I'm kinda just stabbing into the dark with this one...

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Well, I do remember Flint raving about how amazing Brock was as a gym leader, way back when Ash first reached Pewter City... so, amazing a trainer as Flint may've been (actually, he never made it as a trainer, so why'd he become a gym leader in the first place?) maybe Flint just never got his act back together, since Brock left with Ash.

And perhaps Forrest is the only reason Flint was able to keep things together until that special. And when Lola got back, things only got worse.

Now it's all up to Forrest and his unheard-of skill to keep the gym running. o_O

Profesco

gone gently
I can imagine Forrest doing all the work, but I think Flint still has his battles. Maybe Forrest got special League permission to run the Gym or something... I dunno.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Maybe now Forrest is really defending it.

After all he has Brock's Geodude, Steelix, Crobat, Ludicolo, Foretress and Marshtompt, so he does have some damn good Pokemon.

The fact that Brock leaves all his strongest Pokemon with his brother is a good sign.

Profesco

gone gently
It's odd to think Geodude is the only Rock type Pokemon Brock left at his Rock type Gym.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's odd to think Geodude is the only Rock type Pokemon Brock left at his Rock type Gym.

The only other rock type Brock caught since Geodude/Onix was Sudowoodo.

Every capture otherwise is of a random type. He obviously doesn't care about specializing in rock types like Misty does with her Gym.

Weedle_Mchairybug

Doesn't Onix count as a rock type? I mean, he may be rock/ground, but Geodude is also rock/ground as well. In fact, the only rock types that WEREN'T associated with the ground types in Gen 1 are the Fossil Pokemon (Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, and Kabutops have the sub type of water, and Aerodactyl had the subtype of Flying.). I mean, the only PURE rock type that he caught in his entire run was Bonsly/Sudowoodo.

thunderblade12

forest does i believe.

the real question is: is the gym still a water-rock gym or is it a full out rock gym again? if i remember correctly from pokemon chronicles brock defeated his "dead" mom and reverted the gym back to its original way of doing things. if its a rock gym then forsts team is pretty limited(atleast until sudowoodo gets left at the gym) he can only use geodude and perhaps steelix..if that even counts now that its no longer a rock type.

if it were water-rock then he would atleast be able to use marshtomp and ludicolo but as things stand, them, aswell as crobat and foretress wont be doing much for the gym.

TheHolyShoe

Doesn't Onix count as a rock type? I mean, he may be rock/ground, but Geodude is also rock/ground as well. In fact, the only rock types that WEREN'T associated with the ground types in Gen 1 are the Fossil Pokemon (Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, and Kabutops have the sub type of water, and Aerodactyl had the subtype of Flying.). I mean, the only PURE rock type that he caught in his entire run was Bonsly/Sudowoodo.

Kinda sorta. What Profesco probably meant was that it's odd that Ishitsubute is the only Rock Pokemon left in the gym, which is true since as of Battle Frontier, Iwark had evolved into Haganeil.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I think Forrest is running the gym. He can handle that.

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
I don't think that the Gym Leader doesn't need to use PKMN of his/her specialty.

Case 1: Blaine used Rhydon in his battle against Ash.
Case 2: Blue (in G/S/C) doesn't specialize in any type.

And that whole idea on Forrest running the Gym, I think he's THE Gym Leader. I think Flint is just one of the weak Gym Trainers u see in the games. I think the Indigo League promoted him or something under special request or advice by Brock.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I don't think that the Gym Leader doesn't need to use PKMN of his/her specialty.

Case 1: Blaine used Rhydon in his battle against Ash.
Case 2: Blue (in G/S/C) doesn't specialize in any type.

Not to mention that some of the Sinnoh GLs/Elite Four use Pokemon outside their specialties, too. Though, that's in the games so far. Let's see what the anime does with that.

Profesco

gone gently
Well, it looks like the consensus is that Forrest has indeed the qualifications to replace Brock as the Pewter City Gym Leader.

Now, to change his name...

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
I guess it must be Flint or Forrest. That's because Brock left with Ash and co. to the regions except in the Orange Islands, he decided to give his post to either Flint or Forrest. Lola wanted to change it into a Water-type gym, but Brock doesn't want to. In fact, he beat her Mantine in the battle. Perhaps Forrest might be perfect to be the Pewter gym leader because he evolved Brock's Onix, and he took care of his Geodude..............

Last edited: