• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's release was worse? Greninja's or Ambipom's?

Who's release was Worse?

• Greninja

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Ambipom

Votes: 39 86.7%

• Total voters

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It allowed Ash to win the Bug Catching Contest yet we never saw what made it good enough to win. Plus we literally never saw Casey use it at all and we know nothing about its strengths or weaknesses or what moves it even has.
It won because it's a Beedrill and was more of a catch then the other bug types lol. It was never an Ash Pokemon ever and was a symbol of Ash and Casey's bond, idk how it's badly written

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It won because it's a Beedrill and was more of a catch then the other bug types lol. It was never an Ash Pokemon ever and was a symbol of Ash and Casey's bond, idk how it's badly written
It was Ash’s Pokémon no matter how brief it was. Ash caught it inside a Sport Ball and won the contest which was to catch Bug Pokémon and the Pokémon you caught to be judged would automatically belong to you after the contest. If a trainer throws any type of Poké Ball at a wild Pokémon and successfully catches it, then it belongs to that trainer until they either trade or give it away no matter how long or short that period of time is.

Applecorp

It allowed Ash to win the Bug Catching Contest yet we never saw what made it good enough to win. Plus we literally never saw Casey use it at all and we know nothing about its strengths or weaknesses or what moves it even has.
But the fact that Beedrill wasn't developed at all is what makes its release such a minor issue. Because almost nobody cared about it so nobody was that bothered by Ash giving it away.

Ambipom's release was pure bullshit. I could forgive Ash trading it but not Ambipom giving up its Contest dreams just to play table tennis.

KukuiFanatic501

Ambipom for sure, Greninja release was bs but he was forced to do that to protect Kalos but Ambipom literally choose Ping pong out of nowhere despite showing so much interest on contests ever since BF, Ambipom release was the complete character assassination with zero chance for redemption while Greninja can comeback once his gardening work over.

Also Ambipom was replaced for what, Togekiss? The Pokemon which was given to Dawn just to use in Sinnoh GF final round the most important contest battle for Dawn, Togekiss did absolutely nothing to deserve that.
To make matters worse for Togekiss (sadly cuz I liked her being on the team, even if she was last minute), since Dawn was just given the "Yeah no" stick and still lost to Zoey unfairly in the GF final battle, it makes Togekiss's addition even more pointless. Like, whats the point in handing Dawn a powerhouse if her fate to lose in the end was slapped on from the start?

TheCrazyMaster

Definitely Ambipom, since it devalued the choice Ash and Dawn made to trade their Pokemon in order for them to be happier. There's also the fact that it resulted in the arrival of Dawns Togekiss which, while not necessarily unlikable itself, ended up screwing over Jessie's final contest, made worst by the fact that it was such a late edition to Dawn's team.

Also it left for ping pong of all things (I mean no shame to anyone who likes ping pong, I like it too), but ping pong, really?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Also it left for ping pong of all things (I mean no shame to anyone who likes ping pong, I like it too), but ping pong, really?
Tbh it just makes me wonder if there’s someone on the staff that just really likes ping pong considering we had another episode about it in SM.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh it just makes me wonder if there’s someone on the staff that just really likes ping pong considering we had another episode about it in SM.
is ping pong big in Japan? I know baseball is, but idk about ping pong

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Ambipom is the worst, at least greninja can show up anytime when writer want to, ambipom got primeape treatment, and you know how it’s turned out , I wish she just stay with ash

KukuiFanatic501

Not surprised at the votes for Ambipom, that ping-pong plot was so stupid and basically threw out all her character development. The fact it was done clearly to make room for the undeveloped, zero-personality Cyndaquil and Togekiss, throws further insult to injury.
Eh I wouldn't say Togekiss didn't have any personality, quite the opposite. It had the whole motherly-figure vibe of Dawn's team, which was fun to see. Though yeah, she lands in the underdeveloped territory. Not that she's unlikeable, but that she's stagnant.