• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's sick of Ash?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
And why did you decided that Shinji is a beginning trainer? it is unknown if he is a beginning or an experienced trainer... just like Ash is an experienced trainer but he came to Shin'o only with Pikachu and Aipom so could do Shinji (why would he do that? we can't know but it is possible... especially because in the gym episodes when Shinji hears the gym is a rock type he gets frightened a little and say he goes to the Pokémon center and suddenly return with Azumarill - maybe he went to the center to contact someone who keeps his old Pokémon?)
And by the way Shinji battles it is more clever to assume he is an experienced trainer (and also it seems Elekid was his first Pokémon... people think it's Hikozaru only because it's a starter but we already saw a lot of wild starters)
And also whether he is beginner or experienced - so what if he won at the gym and Ash lost? so right Ash is an experienced trainer but he use newly captured Pokémon that had almost no experience (Aipom and Naetoru)
[spoil]Because it was said somewhere. At BMGf they've tranlated that he is a BEGINNING trainer.[/spoil]

Ben

Whut?
i'm not really sick of him..after all, he is the main character. It's good that they're swapping around other characters too, although it can get annoying. Some Pokemon episodes based on other people would be nice, but it should be left at that.

^ASH^

Beginning Trainer
[spoil]Because it was said somewhere. At BMGf they've tranlated that he is a BEGINNING trainer.[/spoil]

I'm sure that I would understand it if they were saying that
Can you tell when exactly in which episode they said it so I'll try to check it?

It was said he just got his starter, I believe. He probably trained with his Elekid alot before that.

Why would he get a starter if he already has his Elekid? and once again I'll say: Shinji introduced himself to the professor ("Nanakamado-hakase desu ne? ore wa Tobari city no Shinji") so obviously he never met the professor before and caught Hikozaru as a wild Pokémon or somehow but it isn't his first Pokémon and he didn't got it from the professor
Until someone will give any proof that he is a beginning trainer I'll continue to think that he is an experienced trainer and hopefully we will find out soon
But anyway as I said Ash used newly captured Pokémon so it's ok if a beginning trainer will beat the gym leader and Ash won't... Aipom and Naetoru did almost nothing so it's understandable

Chris

Old Coot
[SPOIL]Let's not forget, Shinji is native to Shinou. ;\ Considering how he's been doing, he seems to know a lot more about the Pokemon of that region than Satoshi does. And again, his battling strategies =/= Satoshi's.[/SPOIL]

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Blame an animated cartoon character on "noobs." Right.

If you actually set your foot in one of the RMT forums you'll see what I mean.

Yeah. Everyone uses the ones they like alright. The ones everyone else uses and has declared to be the strongest. ;)

Gardevoir fanboys anyone, or Milotic? You're perfectly right: some pokemon are used because of their general versatility like Weezing, not because of their looks. And you've obviously haven't done competitive battling in any form, since in the end, it's not the decision of the pokemon community on whether a pokemon is strong or not. It's the stats, people, and its movepool in general. Like I said, Ash is an idiot for teaching Sceptile three offensive grass moves when Sceptile's got such a wide movepool of different offensive types to learn from. If you want to blame us for being elitist, blame GameFreak. Blame them for creating butt-ugly pokemon with high stats and good movepools so we prostate ourselves before its presence to worship it.

Not really. When it was with Satoshi, it was beaten very easily by a Lizardon trained in that very place. Therefore, in order to truely become stronger, it would have to train in the same way the others do.

And that further elaborates my case on why Ash sucks: subpar training methods? More like getting the ratings up for introducing different pokemon.

Look at everyone he's had to battle and you'll have your answer.

Look at who, exactly?

And there's something wrong with that? If you actually watched the show, you'd know they don't exactly turn out to be weak when they come in to battles. Hell, Kabigon's seen quite a good number of uses.

I'm not prepared to sit myself through half an hour of that just to kill off whatever brain cells I have left, thank you very much.

Oh yes, did I mention that Ash is the biggest Gary-Stu in existance? I think I did actually.

Chris

Old Coot
Oh, I've done competitive battling. That's why I hold very little regard for it. Because generally those who do are basically arrogant jackholes who'll mock anyone for not using their standards, like you are. Really, who cares if they attempt using move sets similar to the anime? Just beat them with your method and be done with it.

And once again, you're trying to apply ROLE PLAYING VIDEO GAME PHYSICS to an anime that DOESN'T follow these physics. e_e

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Seriously, why do people who don't like the anime come in here and bash it? If you don't like it and like your competitive battling, stay there and do your own thing and don't come around and while which is all you're doing. -_-

Ugobama

I'm not sick of Ash. He's awesome. [SPOIL]That Sinnoh outfit is growing on me.[/SPOIL]

EDIT FROM DOGASU: I've added a spoiler tag...if you make a post like this after this Friday, you'll get 4 infracture points per post.

uber gon

Accept Change
After seeing the Pokémon Battle Revolution pics, I'm surprised the writers didn't decide to give Ash a Pikachu-ish clothing design.

I know, that'd just be freaky, but it'd be cool.

cyber cubed ur may at 2 am thing is hilarious!

hm did u get that ash and may pic makin out from an episode?

Last edited by a moderator:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
hm did u get that ash and may pic makin out from an episode?
No, it's a crappily-photoshopped pic to appease the obnoxious shipping crowds, for crying out loud. And that's totally off-topic, anyways.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
I would like to extend my thanks to Frost Nova for confirming why I never visit the RMT forums or try competitive battling.

Anyways, as for the topic on hand...keh. If this had been asked six months ago or longer (which I think it was, actually), then I would have said that yes, I am sick of Ash.

However, right now...I'd have to say no. The voice actor change in the US, the Diamond/Pearl saga, and the fact that I haven't seen more than five full episodes in the past five or six months have all made my general attitude towards the present show...brighter, if only a little bit. I don't have many if any problems with Ash's methods, either, and let's face it: barring the occasional logical or physical problem (such as Morrison's Gligar's sudden, temporary size increase during his match with Ash), we've gotten some damn good battles out of him and his posse.

And to those of you who are sick of Ash and want him gone: think about it for a second. If Ash (and, consequently, his friends and his regular enemies) left the show, we'd be left with a couple of problems:

-First, chances are we'd be plunked down in front of a different newbie trainer, who would proceed on basically the same quest that Ash has been on for years.
-Since this new trainer would probably be a complete stranger to pokemon battling and strategy, chances are that we'd see a lot of battles carried out like they are early on in the games--that is to say, they'd be boring. The strategy (and thus the true excitement) would only be seen by the main character after a good six, nine, or twelve months of episodes.
-This character would, of course, pick up a couple of obligatory travelling companions--namely, the Newbie Coordinator and the Human Encyclopedia/All-Purpose Slave. And then with the addition of the Antagonist Duo/Trio, we'd have basically the exact same show we have now.
-And finally (and most importantly), you have to remember that Ash and Pikachu are pretty much the faces of the Pokemon anime. If they were suddenly gone, then ratings would plummet, angry fanboys worldwide would go on massive homicidal rages, the various studios responsible for Pokemon would be sued for all their money as a result of said rages, and we'd be without a Pokemon anime within a year. Do you really want that to happen?

Last edited:

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Wow people, I'm certainly glad you enjoyed your stay at RMT: don't stop when you get to the basement, keep straight on, and give my regards to the earth's core. I find it almost hilarious for you all to bash RMTers when most of the time it's anime fans who come in and expect us to go along with their way.

But deciding whether we are a bunch of self serving jackasses who mock everyone we see or not isn't the issue here. Well honestly, the whole trainer goes on a quest is getting kinda boring, having repeated for say, nine seasons? Ash could do something different for a change, something that shows a different side of the pokemon world other than battling. The same plot is repeated again and again, and seriously, if you not bored I am. There's much to pokemon than battling, for god's sake. The anime writers could certainly use some creativity.

Wow people, I'm certainly glad you enjoyed your stay at RMT: don't stop when you get to the basement, keep straight on, and give my regards to the earth's core. I find it almost hilarious for you all to bash RMTers when most of the time it's anime fans who come in and expect us to go along with their way.

But deciding whether we are a bunch of self serving jackasses who mock everyone we see or not isn't the issue here. Well honestly, the whole trainer goes on a quest is getting kinda boring, having repeated for say, nine seasons? Ash could do something different for a change, something that shows a different side of the pokemon world other than battling. The same plot is repeated again and again, and seriously, if you not bored I am. There's much to pokemon than battling, for god's sake. The anime writers could certainly use some creativity.

Name something the writers could have Ash do.

Chris

Old Coot
If you actually watched the show, you'd know they've been showing the whole Pokemon Contests deal as well as having shown Pokemon Rangers and others who deal with the Pokemon world in manners that don't involve just battling. Why change how Satoshi goes about his ways when it's pretty much what the character wants to do. Would make no sense to automatically change his plans. That's what secondary and background characters are for.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Isn't Netbattling basically taking away the exploration of the games, and raising of the Pokemon and just turning it into battling?

OH! NO! HE! DIDN'T!

MayisCool

Cascade Trainer
I think it be nice if they had Ash leave and go and train on his own for 20 episodes or so, and they just following Brock for that time. Or just simply follow one of the other ones like Marina for that long...

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
I think it be nice if they had Ash leave and go and train on his own for 20 episodes or so, and they just following Brock for that time. Or just simply follow one of the other ones like Marina for that long...

Thank you. You took the words out of my mind. Yeah, just give Ash a break: you're giving the kid too much pressure by having a camera following him around all day.

btw NetBattle gives you something the games can't: the opportunity to battle someone who actually has a brain. Though D/P and Battle Revolution would probably change that.