1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Who's sick of Ash?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Kamen Rider Kabuto, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Shining Shadow

Shining Shadow Score For Z-Gravity

Yeah, Ash needs a break so we can watch the travels of Misty or something.

2. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Yeah, watch the travels of Misty!

Except she never actually travels, and is a horrible character with horrible pokemon...

3. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

Sad thing is, I think this guy's actually being serious.

4. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

So people you battle through link-up don't have brains?

Right.....

Now back to "Gym Improvement"

Misty: Psyduck! Did you get stuck in the toilet?!
    *laughter*
    Psyduck: Psy yi yi!
    *laughter*

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  5. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Because we all know NetBattle is oh so perfect. Arrogant groups are arrogant.

6. UberSorcerer

UberSorcerer Well-Known Member

I'm sick of Ash, I wanted new kids each gen.

7. Comkeen1

Comkeen1 Well-Known Member

Ash needs a break and we need a new character. Preferably not the cross-dress in D/P. Not misty.

8. Frost Nova

Frost Nova The predator awaits.

Yeah, I admit I am an arrogant, condescending, elitist bastard. At least I have the guts to admit it.

9. Jolty77

Jolty77 <Bring her back!

So we can see them do the same thing as Ash? I just don't see the point of getting rid of him and replacing him with someone who will have the same goal and do the same things.

10. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Oh? People have no problem with [spoil] Hikari doing the same things as May [/spoil] in D/P, so why would it be any different if we have a new person do Gyms?

Hello? We're ALREADY watching a new character do the same damn thing we watched a previous one do, and people don't have a problem. If you're fine with that, it would be moronic to say we can't have another Gym battler because its the same that we've seen Ash do.

11. Jolty77

Jolty77 <Bring her back!

The thread is about Ash, if this thread had to do with that, then yeah, I would agree with you and say you got me, but, this is Ash (Though, somehow I knew you would bring that up.) Ash has been the main charachter since the beginning, its hard to cut him out.

You wanna see what the series would be like if we followed different characters? Go watch Chornicles again, those were just oh so exciting.

12. Dogasu

Dogasu Frustrated Elf

I've just spent the last 30 minutes or so cleaning all the spoilers out of this thread. It was not fun.

I'm happy to see, however, that some of the more recent posts in this thread have spoiler tags.

13. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

After much deliveration in my noggin, after seeing how enraged alot of Misty fans have gotten since she was "replaced", the throngs of Ash fans would absolutely EXPLODE the fandom if he was replaced.

Hey, nobody wins!

14. wants_latios_lots

wants_latios_lots I miss you Maddie <3

You can't really replace the main character from a show, it just doesn' make sense.. Do they ever replace Naruto from Naruto? Do they ever replace Ichigo from Bleach? Usuke from Yu-Yu-Hakusho? Main characters are aptly named, because they're the MAIN characters. Central characters, unreplaceable. He does get a bit boring, but who wouldn't after 400+ episodes? And if you're looking for a change in scenery, watch Chronicles. They're not bad. And don't have Ash.
    No, Ash isn't the problem. That darn Team Rocket is our main concern. But this thread is not the place for that argument.

15. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

The thing is if Ash is replaced, all the other characters we know and love go down with him.

So essentially, it would be a new series with a clean slate. No Team Rocket, no Brock, no [spoil] Misty/May/Hikari. [/spoil]

If Ash goes down, everyone from the current series goes down too, and we'd have an all-new series. That may very well be gone if the writers deem Ash's journey is over by the end of D/P.

16. koxcstar23

koxcstar23 Loser w/o shoes

Ash is one of the biggest losers ever and yeah he is over used he wins all the time except once and when he did lose he made a huge deal out of it his pokemon learn moves out of no where he gives his pokemon away and he never evolves them.....he gave away his freakin' charizard!;006;

17. buster_wolf

buster_wolf Shinnippori!

Dude, that sounded so oxymoronic. A loser that wins like all the time except on a few occassions. Also you oughta read some of the post before hand.

I got sick of Ash around Johto, but then again, after a while, I got sick of Brock (whom I actually despaired leaving, but now I want him gone) and Misty even started to bore me. Ash regained his spark in Advance Battle and he was more interesting...

Well, let's see how Ash goes about things in the Shinou Region.

18. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Uh, no he didn't, fool.

If you actually watched the show, you'd know his current team is nothing but evolutions, save for Heigani and Pikachu. Let us not forget, he only gave away ONE Pokemon. Give away =/= releasing, you puttz. And Lizardon is STILL HIS. He has called it back before to use in battle and can do so at any time. It's in TRAINING. If you go to the Daycare in the games, are you giving away a Pokemon? No? Then quietly shut your noise hole.

19. Frost Nova

Frost Nova The predator awaits.

Um, thing is, the show is labelled 'Pokemon', not 'Ash the Pokemon Trainer'. So your argument automatically fails. We've seen major character shifts in shows before: sure, people complain, but they always forget about it if the show is better than before. If it goes bad though......it just gets lost in the depths of the well of forgotten shows.

20. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Well-Known Member

*returns*

Stats aside (you've already heard about the games =/= anime thing), Pikachu own's Team Rocket's Meowth. That's one Meowth. And it's not exactly the best fighter, either. In fact, he himself barely puts up a physical fight against Pikachu anyway.

Harrison's Meowth is waaaay stronger than Team Rocket's Meowth. His Meowth was probably what caused him to win the Hoenn League. Even if Pikachu did beat Meowth, Meowth still would've been strong enough to put up a good fight.

EDIT: I MEAN TYSON, DANG IT! *slaps forehead*

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007