• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's sick of Ash?

flamingoozaru

You mean Tyson? Cause Harrison doesn't have a Meowth. Tyson Meowth is like Pikachu, one of the best un-evovled of its kind.

Rex Kamex

You mean Tyson? Cause Harrison doesn't have a Meowth. Tyson Meowth is like Pikachu, one of the best un-evovled of its kind.

OH SNAP!

Whoops, yeah, I meant Tyson. Sorry about that.

*edits post*

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
You'd think I would be sick of Ash but I'm not. I like the idea that he is getting this rematch done because it shows that he isn't giving up. Plus it will only make him better.

DaMike52

Banned
Ash lost his touch ever since Misty left.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

I know, because Misty is God and when God is around Ash is a shining apple.

After Misty left Ash started battling better, he matured, and he moved into a mentor role.

The only saga where Misty had a huge influence on Ash was Kanto, same with Brock, because he was a beginning trainer.

Fire_Fan

Watch me burn..
Has everyone forgot what Pokemon started off as...
Watch the first eposide were they launch the Pokemon series as the telling of a 10 year old boys journey - Ash's journey.

So what if Ash seems overused ? The Series is based on his travels!
Don't like him watch Pokemon Chronicals! Were they fill in the blanks or focus on other trainers.

DaMike52

Banned
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the latest rising star in the Whiny Kasumi Fanboy Club of Nostalgic Elitists.

I take it you don't like me very much.

DaMike52

Banned
After Misty left Ash started battling better

I don't care. I wasn't refering to his battling. He just felt different.

Last edited:

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude

Sorry to all of you lot, but I agree with this dude. When the Hoenn saga reached the UK, I was nostalgic, but... I stopped watching as it became really, really... Cr*p. Ash is boring now, as the anime is generic and has no real twists to make me want to watch.
They should just scrap Ash and use Gold, Brendan or even Wally in the anime, and just... I dunno, kill Ash off (make pikachu eat him XP). Then, they murder Team Rocket while they sleep and crap nearly all filler episodes then the anime will be watchable again.

So, even though I went completly off topic, I'll just hurry up and say that yes; Ash has become boring and I AM sick of him.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Sorry to all of you lot, but I agree with this dude. When the Hoenn saga reached the UK, I was nostalgic, but... I stopped watching as it became really, really... Cr*p. Ash is boring now, as the anime is generic and has no real twists to make me want to watch.
They should just scrap Ash and use Gold, Brendan or even Wally in the anime, and just... I dunno, kill Ash off (make pikachu eat him XP). Then, they murder Team Rocket while they sleep and crap nearly all filler episodes then the anime will be watchable again.

So, even though I went completly off topic, I'll just hurry up and say that yes; Ash has become boring and I AM sick of him.
Ash's character pretty much matured from the Indigo days, and it's really not like he had any more spunk or character to him in Johto than he did in AG. He played a mentor to May and Max during AG in a similar fashion that Brock did to him during Kanto. And it's not like the anime really had that many real plot twists in the first place, truth be told. Also, why the heck would they use Gold, Brendan, or Wally NOW, anyways? Brendan and Wally were RSE characters, and Gold (who was named Kenta and appeared in the Raikou special) was meant to promote GSC. The DP protagonists are the only ones who would make sense at this point, and they're already using the female (Hikari) anyways. And even if they did introuce a new main cast, chances are the personalities would not be much different than the current cast. Just look at Hikari replacing Haruka.

BTW, you can say "Crap" on this forum without censoring it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

The Hoenn saga is widely considered one of the best sagas in Pokemon. The fact that you couldn't comprehend good writing in a show aimed at 8 year olds is troubling in itself.

Last edited:

Manjot

Scizor is my Bishie
They just use him as a character to show the new legendaries and new pokemon. Although I am sick of him winning like every battle.

King Wulfharth

Divine Wonder...
i'm not sick of ash its just he makes dumb choices sometime like not knowing anabel liked him i'm not annoyed by him either

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I think Ash stinks, but he can be fixed. Ive stated my opinion. You two guys are jerks.
good night.
Oh yes, I'm such a jerk for actually using reasonable arguments and supporting them.
They just use him as a character to show the new legendaries and new pokemon. Although I am sick of him winning like every battle.
He's been on a major losing streak since the end of Battle Frontier.
Lost to Brandon twice before winning
Tied with May
Lost to Gary
Tied with Shinji
Beat Naoshi
Lost to Shinji
Lost to Nozomi
Lost to Hyouta
Beat Hyouta
So really, that's 3 of the last 11 big non-TR battles that he actually won. And even before then, he still lost his share of matches.
i'm not sick of ash its just he makes dumb choices sometime like not knowing anabel liked him i'm not annoyed by him either
It's not like Anabel actually told him he liked him. She blushed as he was already walking away. And he's probably too young to even care, anyways.