• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's sick of Ash?

Well at least its not the EXACT same story ALL THE TIME!!, I've never seen 2 games not in the same generation that are alike (Fire Red and Leaf Green do NOT count as they are Remakes of Red/Blue

Chris

Old Coot
Well at least its not the EXACT same story ALL THE TIME!!, I've never seen 2 games not in the same generation that are alike (Fire Red and Leaf Green do NOT count as they are Remakes of Red/Blue
Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/FR/LG: Evil organization uses criminal tactics to steal Pokemon, as well as have a hand in trying to obtain a legendary Pokemon.

Gold/Silver/Crystal: Evil organization uses criminal tactics to steal Pokemon, as well as have a hand in trying to obtain a rare Pokemon. Said organization is capable of crumbling by the defeat of a child, like the last time.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Evil organization use criminal tactics to steal and destroy in order to obtain a legendary Pokemon respectively. Said organizations are shown the error of their ways by a mere child.

Diamond/Pearl: Evil organization uses criminal tactics to steal and destroy in order to obtain legendary Pokemon. Said organizations are crushed and shown the errors of their ways by a mere child.

Yeah, the games' plots and villains are TOTALLY not predictable.

Chris

Old Coot
Yet I've basically pointed out the flaws with your reasoning. Which lead to your claims of the anime not making sense. Therefore, your opinions and points are retarded.

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
What doesn't make sense is him forgeting things he learned months ago (in show time)

Blame the writers, He forgot about winning the Orange League until he arrived at the Battle Dome and was reminded.

He's probably already forgotten about the Battle Frontier too.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
he never forgot about winning the Orange Championship. It's just that it's almost never been brought up. Blame the writers for their lack of continuity fallbacks (that said, it's kinda ironic that the Orange Islands were brought up in the Battle Frontier, of all sagas).

Sorry, I prefer the games to the TV shows because the games make sense and aren't too predictable, Although I'm trying to regain interest in the show

OK, I just find this too damn funny to not reply to. You think Fire Pokemon battling underwater, being able to use a Goronya while surfing atop a Tattsuu and having it perform attacks like Dig and Earthquake, using weather-based attacks in a pitch-dark cave, being able to carry 99 of at least 20 different items (and if they're apparently kept inside of balls, then these balls don't shrink like on the anime, or at least it's never been shown outside the anime), being able to use Attract on Pokemon that aren't even part of the same breeding group (or can't even breed at all in some cases), weather institutes, holy grounds, and other places associated with godly Pokemon apparently not having better security (being taken out by grunts that could apparently be taken out by a seemingly average 10 year old kid says something), 5 residents and three small houses being classified as a town, being able to use a 45-foot+ whale in areas like the upper floor of a shop or an alley (Colloseum's Under for instance), apparently seeming like the best trainer on earth even though competitors in the Battle Frontier or Battle Tower could topple you without breaking a sweat yet none of those trainers bother trying to stop the catastrophes that occur within the area, villians that agree to let you pass after you beat them in a fair battle using only your monsters, and giant rock snakes having the same attacking strength as a small red worm all make sense to you?

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
What I find amusing is people have no problem with [SPOIL]Hikari simply retreading the same thing May did for 4 years,[/SPOIL] yet they don't want Ash to be replaced because a new character would just do the same thing.

Pretty stupid, I'd say.

EDIT FROM DOGASU: I've added a spoiler tag...if you make a post like this after this Friday, you'll get 4 infracture points per post.

Outlawz

I'm a slasher!
And who is better then Gary? Who catches better pokemon then him? Who looks cooler then he does? Who has a better style/attitude then him? Best character.

[SPOIL]Hyouta,[/SPOIL] and a lot of other people.

EDIT FROM DOGASU: I've added a spoiler tag...if you make a post like this after this Friday, you'll get 4 infracture points per post.

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Firstly:
Games = Active. The games add new pokemon that you can USE to perform new movesets, teams, and such. Since you directly input the games, they are a different experience every time...even if the story is the same. They are always expanded upon to help your PLAYING experience.
Besides, I think most of us can agree the real pokemon experience doesn't start until after the main game when you can battle against/with friends in the battle tower and such.
Anime = Passive. If you see the same plot over and over then...well...that's all you get. You have no input in the show and you can't benefit from seeing Ash win battle number 548966548 against the next Elite Four.
Ash starts out, probably ruins some girls bike, gets eight badges, and then moves on to the next season along with most of his buddies, team rocket, and his still pre-pubescent body. Heck, the only thing he leaves in Pallet Town is his memory of the season he just finished.

Also, back in Kanto, levels did exist. As the "School of Hard Knocks" taught us. But then, that could have just been a mis-translation from a crappy dub. Eh...I dunno.

But anywho, is Ash repetitive? Heck yeah, it's only been 500 episodes. Even Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto learned this truth and adapted (that's what pokemon needs, Ash as a late teenager). If you want to tell me to quit watching because it's so repetitive, go right on ahead...because I'm way ahead of you. But you can't deny that's the cold truth.

The movies are a somewhat different story though. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was fantastic. Because they are self contained stories they are sometimes saved from the whole repetitive aspect of the show. Even if they always have to do with a legendary of some kind. I would enjoy seeing Ash in most if not all of the Pokemon movies...and I know that I will.