• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's sick of Ash?

donovantxeevee

INVINCIBLE
[SPOIL]Hyouta,[/SPOIL] and a lot of other people.

hey ui think drew matches gary in style and coolness along with soladad or samantha

squirtleboy12

christian 4ever
he is overused but i like it ..hes attitude is cool i just dont like pikachu tobe there every episode next to him

pokeboy sarab

...mmm...hot!
i have no problem with ash i am sick with pikachu why doesn't it evolve using a thunder stone and be done with it..............its basically so annoying going"CHAA PIKAA CHUUU" i can't wait for it to die

Marcy

After so many years, Ash has been finally growing on me. I used to hate Ash as a kid when I was obsessive about Pokemon, but now when I watch Pokemon, I like Ash alot. He's a really good mentor-type now and I have finally gained respect for him as a character. It is fun to see a character develop throughout a show and Ash has gone through the greatest development -- there is a lot of different between Ash from season 1 and Ash from season 9.

Right now, he's my favorite character.

I can understand how one can be sick of him. It's probably tiring to watch the same guy on the same show for 9 years, but hey, at least he's improving!

Redeevee

im kinda sick of him. its the same crap over and over. he meets a rare pokemon and doesnt ATTEMPT to catch it. he's a preety lame trainer, and there isnt much of a story connected to him. i like him in most of the movies whre something exciting happens but to be honest i think we should have a totally new tv show starting back at kanto (w/ a kanto game cube game to match)

Aya

It's Ayu, not Aya.
He is old. [SPOIL]It is cool though that they did bring Hikari into the picture.[/SPOIL] We need more Gary. He is the best character.

EDIT FROM DOGASU: I've added a spoiler tag...if you make a post like this after this Friday, you'll get 4 infracture points per post.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
No.Nope.Nada.N-O.Not yes.

TogeticTheRuler

Ash is starting to get annoying, [SPOIL]I was a bit satisfied that it showed mostly Hikari in the first D/P ep.[/SPOIL]

EDIT FROM DOGASU: I've added a spoiler tag...if you make a post like this after this Friday, you'll get 4 infracture points per post.

Eh, I've grown quite used to him actually, so in truth, I'll be very sad to see him go :(

better_than_ash_100to1

Ash is the main character people. He is naturally going to be seen a lot in the anime series. I think he should have evolved pikachu by now, I mean its at a high enough level that its learn probabaly all of its best attacks. Don't be in such a hurry to get rid of ash. Pokemon has been on for 9 seasons and counting. One day, Pokemon is going to have to start back from the drawing board and the story will be completely different. Ash Ketchum may not even exist. But that is kind of why Chronicles came out, too focus more on other trainers. And I have the feeling that Ash will one day, maybe not capture, but befreind a legendary pokemon and use it in a battle, so don't be in a hurry. And honestly, if they were to get rid of Ash, the anime series would go straight down the hill. Ash has been on too long to just take him off. Ash is there to stay for a few more seasons at least, and if you don't like it, stop watching the anime. For that reason, if its a natural catastrophy, get a copyright thing to make your own series of pokemon where Ash never existed.
IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ASH, TOUGH, GET A LIFE!!!

I'm really sick of "fans" who are sick of anime characters but still are watching the show. If you don't like it, turn off your TV. You don't have to look at "lame" Ash who uses "annoying" Pikachu. Some of you say he is a LAME trainer. You are wrong. He WAS a lame trainer in Kanto when he got all badges for free, he didn't know which pokemon he should use etc. but now he is a very good and talented trainer. He has good strategies and he knows how to win, he knows how to run a battle. So i don't know what are you talking about. The lame trainer is a someone who knows nothing about battling, training and pokemon. Ash knows a lot.

BlazeShadow

I hate Ash.

Uber Pikachu? >_>

Uber Pikachu, uber Pikachu. Ash uses his Pikachu a lot because Pikachu is his favourite pokemon. All of you have some favourites and you like to use them. This same thing is with Ash.

@SH Ketchum

well

well guys if u hate ash than dont watch pokemon
i m srry if i m rude
but i love ash n i cant tolerate if anyone says bad to ash!!!!;078;

Dax

Legend
I can't say Ash is a bad character and that I am sick of him but the problem with him is that he is too repetitive. He learns things in a season and then in the other season he makes the same mistakes. Sometimes he's this guy with amazing battle skills and strategies and sometimes he's just stupid and he acts like a beginner in battles. He need to be consistent. I do think that the anime can work without Ash. [SPOIL]Actually Shinji was the perfect choice to be the main character in D/P.[/SPOIL]

One thing that I don't like about Ash is that he gets the boring pokemons. I;m not a fan of the Ash's teams because they are too boring and they learn weak moves. The only team that I really liked was his team in AG, that team was amazing [SPOIL]now the team is a little boring like always with the exception of Mukkubird and Aipom.[/SPOIL] The worst team of Ash was the Johto team, the team was horrible...

To end this Ash is to predictable and you know what pokemons he's going to capture because he always get the same pokemons. The grass starter and the 1st flying type of the generation.

Other point about is that he never reaches his goal. He never wins the Pokemon leagues and he's not even close to be a Pokemon Master. It seems that he forgot about his goals and is a shame.

SuperSonicSSJX

I am a Blue Hedgehog
Uber Pikachu, uber Pikachu. Ash uses his Pikachu a lot because Pikachu is his favourite pokemon. All of you have some favourites and you like to use them. This same thing is with Ash.

I agree with this, but Ash's Pikachu is Uber, and Pikachu and Ash still lose battles.

Last edited:

Magmarashi

Bastion of Flame
Thread Title said:
Who's sick of Ash?

Who isn't?

Nah, I actually kind of like Satoshi. Even though he catches different Pokemon than I would and likes different Pokemon than I would, I still like him.

I always try to be like everyone else and say I hate him, but I can't, he always seems really cool. I usually think he's an idiot for no catching Legendaries or not training his Pokemon well, but most of that thinking is directed towards Ash. Satoshi always seems cool and noble, Ash just seems retarded.

I thought Satoshi, and even Ash, were cool in Kanto and Jouto, but so much in Houen. He's gotten a bit better over the course of AG, but he can seem annoying. Though, currently on D/P, he's becoming cool again.

I don't know, I guess I just like Satoshi/Ash in the Old School Seasons better.