• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's sick of Ash?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
New VA's suck, I miss Misty, May sucks, [SPOIL]Hikari sucks,[/SPOIL] contests suck, original is best, nostalgia, blah, blah, blah...

That's all I got from that post.

EDIT FROM DOGASU: I've added a spoiler tag...if you make a post like this after this Friday, you'll get 4 infracture points per post.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
New VA's suck, I miss Misty, May sucks, [SPOIL]Hikari sucks,[/SPOIL] contests suck, original is best, nostalgia, blah, blah, blah...

What's scary is how many people there are like that. You would think they would just stop watching if they were so unhappy with the show, but they still linger on.

It's really pathetic.

B@nette

R0t0mu
I hate ash's new voice. I liked the old one, but they changed it so that his voice sounds scratchy.;471;

Magmarashi

Bastion of Flame
I hate ash's new voice. I liked the old one, but they changed it so that his voice sounds scratchy.;471;

Wrong thread.

This is mainly for Satoshi (Ash) Bashing/Worshipping.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I'm not sick of Ash. Also if Ash were to go it'd be up to the Japanese not the American's, so voices really don't count here unless Satoshi (talking about Japanese Ash here) goes through a voice change which hasn't exactly happened yet in Japan. (just mentioning since people are talking about the voice.=P)

I'll look at this from a point of view from where he was originally created. I'm not sick of him but I do wish they'd go through some back story to him. We know more about james past than Ash. It could help a bit. I think that's the only thing I find annoying about him.

Last edited:
Ash and Pikachu have been through the Series since the Beginning and Pikachu is probably over Lv 100 already or a really high level, and Pikachu still loses battles to other Pokemon that it can beat. From what I saw, Jimmy's Typhlosion rocks, he's better than Pikachu, Typhlosion can Resist Water moves greatly, now that's awesome since it's weak to Water Type attacks, not like Ash's Pikachu that gets pwned in every battle it's in.

Levels do NOT exist in the show.

thundermouse

umm, he is the protaganist. what do you want? if he leaves, so does everyone else.meh.

Last edited:
OMG I THOUGHT THERE WAS NEVER GOING TO BE A THREAD LIKE THIS.
To tell you the truth he was actually pretty good in the beginning but as time went by, he just got worse and worse.

Rex Kamex

Same old, same old. (Even the saying "same old, same old" is old.)

Seriously, Ash is way overused, I mean seriously people, He never really tries to level up his pokemon, Plus he wins almost every battle, Its gotten anoying, Plus every movie he encounters Legendary after Legendary and not once does he try to catch it, What trainer wouldn't try to catch a legendary if their that close to it

Ash doesn't win every battle. And (theoretically), catching a legendary Pokemon isn't exactly going to decrease his winning streak.

I think I'm the only person here that likes Kanto and AG the same. (I personally find the "Kanto VS AG wars" as annoying as the "Misty VS May VS [SPOIL]Hikari- put right where she belongs: within the spoiler tag like everything else only in Japan XD- wars".[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

Snairyu

Giant Deadly Mollusk
Just look at my sig ^^

Rex Kamex

I think this is the first time I've ever quoted a signature...

Snairyu's Sig said:
Pokemon are tools for battle. EV training is what is needed. The pokemon with low IV's will be aborted, I only want the perfect pokemon from breeding to perfection.

Technically, there is no perfect Pokemon.

All these sissy, "OMG BE NIS 2 UR POKEYMANZ" is complete bull. Pokemon are not your friends, they are to show your power and bragging rights.

Not in the anime, they aren't. (Not really in the games, either, those the Pokemon in there aren't really real. Wait, neither are the ones in the anime. Okay, well at least the anime ones are more animated.)

Anybody who doesn't evolve their pokemon has an IQ below 30, and the anime teaches little kids to grow up stupid. The weak trainers should all be eliminated. Especially Ash Ketchum, that TV character is the noobiest thing I've ever seen...

• Ash's Pidgeyotto evolved into Pidgeot.
  • Ash's Charmander evolved into Charmeleon.
  • Ash's Charmeleon evolved into Charizard.
  • Ash's Caterpie evolved into Metapod.
  • Ash's Metapod evolved into Butterfree.
  • Ash's Krabby evolved into Kingler.
  • Ash's Chikorita evolved into Bayleef.
  • Ash's Phanpy evolved into Donphan.
  • Ash's Tailow evolved into Swellow.
  • Ash's Treecko evolved into Grovile.
  • Ash's Grovile evolved into Sceptile.
  • Ash's Snorunt evolved into Glalie.
  • [SPOIL]Ash's Mukkuru evolved into Mukkubird.[/SPOIL]
  • Ash's Pikachu evolved into... no wait, it didn't evolve. Sorry.

But he has evolved many of his Pokemon- just not all of them. I think more evolved in the recent arcs then ever before. Also, Ash isn't a weak trainer. He doesn't win all the time, but he doesn't lose too much. He also made the top 16 in the Kanto league, the top EVERYTHING in the Orange League, the top 8 in the Hoenn and Johto leagues, and [SPOIL]he eventually beats Brandon.[/SPOIL] He really has matured since Kanto.

Last edited:

Jasoun

It's not often that I actually post; I generally just lurk around the forums, and watch people argue like children. Often, I'm too busy laughing at a certain few people to actually put something.

First off, on topic with the thread, I have to say, Ash has really grown on me over the years -- especially with the Battle Frontier saga in the US. Why then? Because if they're going to use the same focus-character for ten years straight, please at least change something about him. At least in the US his voice is different, which is pretty much the only thing that's changed about him his entire lifetime, besides his clothes. I mean, the boy has been a prepubecent twelve-year old for a decade now, and he's still basically retarded (when he's not in battle).

And on a smaller side note, referring to something else in the thread earlier, levels do exist in the anime, and there have been several references to them. However, this is mainly in the first three or four seasons that they had little mentionings in both Jap and US versions. I imagine they're just not referenced anymore to add a bit to the "realism" of the anime.

Kooscannon

I've been sick of Ash ever since he turned down that Thunderstone and forever branded himself as a sissy wimp. But, then again, I'm not a big fan of the show, so I digress.

Rex Kamex

I've been sick of Ash ever since he turned down that Thunderstone and forever branded himself as a sissy wimp. But, then again, I'm not a big fan of the show, so I digress.

And the whole point of that was for Pikachu to show everyone that it didn't need to evolve to become a powerful Pokemon and beat its evolved form. It showed that evolution isn't everything if the evolved Pokemon isn't raised correctly.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This is a funny thread yet it comes through my mind. But I can never be sick of him. I was back when in the first season but as I got to know him more, I guess I love him more. Without him, those other characters would never exist because in reality the reason why we know everyone else is because he met them. Eh, whatever.