• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's sick of Ash?

Shining Shadow

Score For Z-Gravity
Yeah, Ash needs a break so we can watch the travels of Misty or something.

Yeah, Ash needs a break so we can watch the travels of Misty or something.

Yeah, watch the travels of Misty!

Except she never actually travels, and is a horrible character with horrible pokemon...

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Thank you. You took the words out of my mind. Yeah, just give Ash a break: you're giving the kid too much pressure by having a camera following him around all day.

btw NetBattle gives you something the games can't: the opportunity to battle someone who actually has a brain. Though D/P and Battle Revolution would probably change that.

So people you battle through link-up don't have brains?

Right.....

Yeah, watch the travels of Misty!

Now back to "Gym Improvement"

Misty: Psyduck! Did you get stuck in the toilet?!
*laughter*
Psyduck: Psy yi yi!
*laughter*

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
btw NetBattle gives you something the games can't: the opportunity to battle someone who actually has a brain. Though D/P and Battle Revolution would probably change that.
Because we all know NetBattle is oh so perfect. Arrogant groups are arrogant.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Because we all know NetBattle is oh so perfect. Arrogant groups are arrogant.

Yeah, I admit I am an arrogant, condescending, elitist bastard. At least I have the guts to admit it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So we can see them do the same thing as Ash? I just don't see the point of getting rid of him and replacing him with someone who will have the same goal and do the same things.

Oh? People have no problem with [spoil] Hikari doing the same things as May [/spoil] in D/P, so why would it be any different if we have a new person do Gyms?

Hello? We're ALREADY watching a new character do the same damn thing we watched a previous one do, and people don't have a problem. If you're fine with that, it would be moronic to say we can't have another Gym battler because its the same that we've seen Ash do.

Jolty77

<Bring her back!
Oh? People have no problem with [spoil] Hikari doing the same things as May [/spoil] in D/P, so why would it be any different if we have a new person do Gyms?

Hello? We're ALREADY watching a new character do the same damn thing we watched a previous one do, and people don't have a problem. If you're fine with that, it would be moronic to say we can't have another Gym battler because its the same that we've seen Ash do.

The thread is about Ash, if this thread had to do with that, then yeah, I would agree with you and say you got me, but, this is Ash (Though, somehow I knew you would bring that up.) Ash has been the main charachter since the beginning, its hard to cut him out.

You wanna see what the series would be like if we followed different characters? Go watch Chornicles again, those were just oh so exciting.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
I've just spent the last 30 minutes or so cleaning all the spoilers out of this thread. It was not fun.

I'm happy to see, however, that some of the more recent posts in this thread have spoiler tags.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
After much deliveration in my noggin, after seeing how enraged alot of Misty fans have gotten since she was "replaced", the throngs of Ash fans would absolutely EXPLODE the fandom if he was replaced.

Hey, nobody wins!

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
You can't really replace the main character from a show, it just doesn' make sense.. Do they ever replace Naruto from Naruto? Do they ever replace Ichigo from Bleach? Usuke from Yu-Yu-Hakusho? Main characters are aptly named, because they're the MAIN characters. Central characters, unreplaceable. He does get a bit boring, but who wouldn't after 400+ episodes? And if you're looking for a change in scenery, watch Chronicles. They're not bad. And don't have Ash.
No, Ash isn't the problem. That darn Team Rocket is our main concern. But this thread is not the place for that argument.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You can't really replace the main character from a show, it just doesn' make sense.. Do they ever replace Naruto from Naruto? Do they ever replace Ichigo from Bleach? Usuke from Yu-Yu-Hakusho? Main characters are aptly named, because they're the MAIN characters. Central characters, unreplaceable. He does get a bit boring, but who wouldn't after 400+ episodes? And if you're looking for a change in scenery, watch Chronicles. They're not bad. And don't have Ash.
No, Ash isn't the problem. That darn Team Rocket is our main concern. But this thread is not the place for that argument.

The thing is if Ash is replaced, all the other characters we know and love go down with him.

So essentially, it would be a new series with a clean slate. No Team Rocket, no Brock, no [spoil] Misty/May/Hikari. [/spoil]

If Ash goes down, everyone from the current series goes down too, and we'd have an all-new series. That may very well be gone if the writers deem Ash's journey is over by the end of D/P.

koxcstar23

Loser w/o shoes
Ash is one of the biggest losers ever and yeah he is over used he wins all the time except once and when he did lose he made a huge deal out of it his pokemon learn moves out of no where he gives his pokemon away and he never evolves them.....he gave away his freakin' charizard!;006;

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
Dude, that sounded so oxymoronic. A loser that wins like all the time except on a few occassions. Also you oughta read some of the post before hand.

I got sick of Ash around Johto, but then again, after a while, I got sick of Brock (whom I actually despaired leaving, but now I want him gone) and Misty even started to bore me. Ash regained his spark in Advance Battle and he was more interesting...

Well, let's see how Ash goes about things in the Shinou Region.

Chris

Old Coot
Ash is one of the biggest losers ever and yeah he is over used he wins all the time except once and when he did lose he made a huge deal out of it his pokemon learn moves out of no where he gives his pokemon away and he never evolves them.....he gave away his freakin' charizard!;006;
Uh, no he didn't, fool.

If you actually watched the show, you'd know his current team is nothing but evolutions, save for Heigani and Pikachu. Let us not forget, he only gave away ONE Pokemon. Give away =/= releasing, you puttz. And Lizardon is STILL HIS. He has called it back before to use in battle and can do so at any time. It's in TRAINING. If you go to the Daycare in the games, are you giving away a Pokemon? No? Then quietly shut your noise hole.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.

Um, thing is, the show is labelled 'Pokemon', not 'Ash the Pokemon Trainer'. So your argument automatically fails. We've seen major character shifts in shows before: sure, people complain, but they always forget about it if the show is better than before. If it goes bad though......it just gets lost in the depths of the well of forgotten shows.

Rex Kamex

*returns*

So what? He trained for years and lost against a MEOWTH. Pikachu pwns Meowth. Look at the stats please...

REPLY ^^ I like a debate.

Stats aside (you've already heard about the games =/= anime thing), Pikachu own's Team Rocket's Meowth. That's one Meowth. And it's not exactly the best fighter, either. In fact, he himself barely puts up a physical fight against Pikachu anyway.

Harrison's Meowth is waaaay stronger than Team Rocket's Meowth. His Meowth was probably what caused him to win the Hoenn League. Even if Pikachu did beat Meowth, Meowth still would've been strong enough to put up a good fight.

EDIT: I MEAN TYSON, DANG IT! *slaps forehead*

Last edited: