• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's The Most Underrated RU Pokemon???

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Well... I usually never post outside of the RMT, But I'm personally wondering what people think are really good pokes in RU that have actual OU viability.

The poke I believe is very underrated (That I run on my UU team), is Carracosta.
This is the Moveset I run on him (as a lead.)
carracosta.png

Carracosta-Sturdy
Adamant-Salac Berry(Or Expert Belt for ppl who B*tch about Salac.)
4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPEED
-Waterfall
-Shell Smash
-Rock Slide
-Aqua Jet
Most people either think they can OHKO it, or think of it as so little of a threat that they ignore it and try to set up. Sturdy almost Guarrantees a Shell Smash, Which makes him a powerful sweeper. This is meant to weaken seriously unprepared teams, or teams that are unaware of how good this thing is. At +3 Speed, it outspeeds almost all the +1 type priority out there, and can outspeed most scarfers.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
I personally think braviary (who I think is RU) I a boss. The only problem is he competes with staraptor so he doesn't vet much love... Otherwise galvantula. Compound eyes thunder and pretty good coverage, plus he's just got the coolest design IMO :D

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
Carracosta. Ursaring comes in close second. I've DEFINITELY swept w/ 2+ Quick Feet Ursaring. He's a baws. Ina useyour Carracosta set, it seems really good in OU.

Linoone (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Pickup
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 44 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Belly Drum on the ridiculous amount of stuff that can't KO you. Sitrus Berry makes sure you can take as much as 75% and still safely Belly Drum.

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
Linoone (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Pickup
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 44 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Belly Drum on the ridiculous amount of stuff that can't KO you. Sitrus Berry makes sure you can take as much as 75% and still safely Belly Drum.

Change Pickup to Gluttony. It slightly improves the set. I know that Extremespeed is a Gen III only move, but there is a glitch with Gen III > IV transfer that sometimes changes the ability of the pokemon.

No, Pickup is better. Gluttony makes berries activate at 50% of Linoone's health, which Sitrus Berry already does. Both abilities are useless on Linoone but at least Pickup does nothing for the opponent in the one in a million battle I have against a Trace Petaya Berry Gardevoir or something.

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
I also agree with BH. It has 1000+ attack after belly drum. 1000+. insane. Plus it gets the strongest/fastest priority in the game, not to mention STAB from it.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
There's a good amount of RU Pokemon that can work in OU. Lilligant is the first that comes to mind, although others like Electivire, Lanturn, Lickilicky, Gastrodon, Quagsire, and Yanmega all being PLAUSIBLE with good support. Heck, some good RU Pokemon are used fairly often in OU (Quagsire, I'm looking at you) with great success.

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
Tbh Quagsire comes first to mind lol. Braviary isn't ever, EVER a good option when Staraptor outclasses it in every single way. Rhyperior is a very good physical tank. Few people realize this. It is quite underrated.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Linoone aside ('cause Blue Harvest already stated the reasons why he's worthy of awe), Durant is bleepin' awesome (he is RU, right? Was last time I checked). If only his best ability didn't come with lower accuracy and he got Earthquake...

Durant@Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk., 252 Speed
Iron Head
Rock Slide
X-Scissor
Thunder Fang/Thunder Wave

With 108 base Atk., Hustle and Life Orb, Durant can be tough as the nails it sounds kinda like. Iron Head murders most everything and gets a 30% of Flich, but is inaccurate. Like Metagross's Meteor Mash. Rock Slide really puts the smackdown on Fire types, which will want to exploit that nasty 4x weakness. X-Scissor murders most everything like Iron Head and gets better coverage, but doesn't get that handy 30% Flinch rate we all know and love. Thunder Fang works for Water types (and according to Blue Harvest, 2HKO Suicune with a Choice Band) and does less than horrible damage on most Steels, and Thunder Wave works if you're looking to cripple someone on the switch and do a mediocre imitation of Jirachi's ParaFlinch set.

Unfortunately, Magnezone beats it six ways to Sunday, being a Steel Type AND resistant to Thunder Fang, AND being able to totally exploit Durant's pathetic base 48 Sp. Def. with Thunderbolt. Stupid Magnezone is probably the only reason Durant is in RU. If only he got Earthquake.

Cometk

west side
Tbh Quagsire comes first to mind lol. Braviary isn't ever, EVER a good option when Staraptor outclasses it in every single way. Rhyperior is a very good physical tank. Few people realize this. It is quite underrated.

protip: staraptor isn't in ru, and neither is rhyperior if you're playing by smogon

edit: and durant is uu

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Well yes, staraptor does outclass him but I still really like braviary anyway. Just slap a band on him and let him go to work.
@cometk, smogon has a list that says that Durant and rhyperior are both RU. The list I'm using could be out of date though so yeah, someone correct that if I'm wrong.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
I personally like Sharpedo (Who I think is RU), I find Speed Boost allows him to outrun everything in his tier very easiley, also with STAB Waterfall and Crunch he is able to excecute alot as a physical attacker.
I also like Eviolite Rhydon w/ Swords Dance, I find that if he gets the chance to set-up he is able to excecute alot w/ Mega Horn, Rock Slide, and Earthquake.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I'm a big fan of Archeops. Flying Gem Acrobatics hurts like hell, and his other moves can dish out some hurt too. And if you need to go out guns-a-blazing, Head Smash after Defeatists is as strong as Rock Slide before it. Defeatist isn't quite as bad as people make it out to be (though obviously it would be nice if it was less nerfing.) Plus 110 is a convenient Speed to sit at with all the new 108's running around.

Problem is he dies to priority. :/

~Chibi~;249;;448;

GlaceonQueen

<- Pure Delight
Gardevoir seems to have taken quite the quite the fall from grace. In third gen she use to be a main stable on every team. Now she's lucky to be in even RU.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Carracosta. Ursaring comes in close second. I've DEFINITELY swept w/ 2+ Quick Feet Ursaring. He's a baws. Ina useyour Carracosta set, it seems really good in OU.

LOL. I love it, but I always either get Faked Out, or mispredict my enemy and don't realize it has priority and go for the waterfall.

There's a good amount of RU Pokemon that can work in OU. Lilligant is the first that comes to mind, although others like Electivire, Lanturn, Lickilicky, Gastrodon, Quagsire, and Yanmega all being PLAUSIBLE with good support. Heck, some good RU Pokemon are used fairly often in OU (Quagsire, I'm looking at you) with great success.

Gastrodon??? RU??? When I used to Random matchup, EVERY OTHER PERSON WAS RUNNING HIM. Smogon's Tiering is retarded. Do they even base it on usage statistics???

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
Gastrodon??? RU??? When I used to Random matchup, EVERY OTHER PERSON WAS RUNNING HIM. Smogon's Tiering is retarded. Do they even base it on usage statistics???
Smogon dosent base their tiers off of Random Matchup, they base it more from Pokemon Online, yes I do see Gassy on PO often but not very. Quagsire is seen more in my mind, same with Jellicent, and the odd Vappy.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Smogon dosent base their tiers off of Random Matchup, they base it more from Pokemon Online, yes I do see Gassy on PO often but not very. Quagsire is seen more in my mind, same with Jellicent, and the odd Vappy.

EHH... F*ck Smogon's couch. Alright, I'm done raging on them. FOR NOW.
Oh, and I agree. Sharpedo is a Boss. I used him in 3rd gen as a lead, and I haven't used him since... but i'm considering using him again. Is he REALLY RU???
OH AND WHERE CAN I FIND THE TIER LISTINGS?!?!?!?

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
EHH... F*ck Smogon's couch. Alright, I'm done raging on them. FOR NOW.
Oh, and I agree. Sharpedo is a Boss. I used him in 3rd gen as a lead, and I haven't used him since... but i'm considering using him again. Is he REALLY RU???
OH AND WHERE CAN I FIND THE TIER LISTINGS?!?!?!?

lul.
just check smogon forums :L