• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's the strongest companion in the series?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
S Rank
1. Iris

A Rank
2. Brock
3. Misty
4. May
5. Dawn

B Rank
6. Clemont
7. Cilan
8. Kiawe

C Rank
9. Serena
10. Lana
11. Goh

D Rank
12. Sophocles
13. Lillie

Mallow
14. Mallow
The “Mallow” gag will never not be funny lol

I agree with this list though. I think a lot of people give Serena too much flak and overestimate the Alola girls. Where would you rate Tracey?

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
S - Tier
Iris with her full team (whatever that is)

A - Tier
Brock
Kiawe
May
Misty

B - Tier
Cilam
Clemont
Dawn
Sophocles

C - Tier
Lana
Tracey (I remember his Scyther being pretty strong. Vague memories though)

D - Tier
Serena
Lillie
Mallow

E - Tier
Bonnie with Dedenne

Max - Tier
Max with nothing.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

I agree with this list though. I think a lot of people give Serena too much flak and overestimate the Alola girls. Where would you rate Tracey?

I genuinely forgot about him when I made the list. As well as Chloe. Honestly I don't remember much about him but Scyther and even then it was pretty old. As for Chloe, she has no battling experience except for when she was forced to command Yamper. Mallow at least is above her... for now.

S Rank
1. Iris

A Rank
2. Brock
3. Misty
4. May
5. Dawn

B Rank
6. Clemont
7. Cilan
8. Kiawe

C Rank
9. Serena
10. Lana
11. Goh

D Rank
12. Sophocles
13. Tracey
14. Lillie

Mallow
14. Mallow
15. Chloe

nickdt

S Tier
Brock (Mega Steelix tanked a SE Inferno Overdrive)
Iris (Still place Brock above Iris cuz of him having more experience and having acces to a Mega).

A Tier
Misty
Kiawe
Dawn
May

B Tier
Sophocles
Clemont
Cilan

(Clemont and Cilan are there by default because they are Gym Leaders). Sophocles is stronger than than the rest of the Alola squad bar Kiawe, since his Vikavolt went toe-to-toe with Kiawes Zard)

C Tier
Lana
Mallow

D-Tier
Lillie
Serena
Tracey

E-Tier
Goh (Cuz he isn't a trainer, nor does he anything to train up his mons, he gets handed his strong ones on a silver platter). The only strong ones are Cinderace and Scizor, but even they can't defeat mons they are SE against, so Goh would get his behind handed to him by everyone above him, including Lillie and Tracey)

I haven't included Bonnie and Max, since they don't have the eligible age to be trainers. Haven't included Chloe either, for obvious reasons.

DatsRight

Mallow's a weird case since she has barely any battle experience, yet got a fully evolved Tsareena with almost zero training plus a mythical literally jump into her arms. She did master a Z Move legit however so she has that I suppose. Shame she never tried a double battle with Tsareena and Shaymin, she might have been dangerous with healing moves.

Granted in terms of trainers being plot armoured power boosts over training for them, just about EVERY LAST ONE of them is guilty of that to some degree. Even Dawn just got a Togekiss out of nowhere. It's harder to rate Goh too bad in that particular area because of it, when's the last time a trainer caught a Pokemon by BATTLING it after all? :p

Lana's a weird character to figure out, since it's kind of gag territory how good she is at everything naturally. She never really got a fair opponent, either going against a novice like Mallow or a total powerhouse like Guzma that even Ash struggled against. Serena suffers a similar issue, she only ever finished a battle against someone decisively weaker than her like Team Rocket.

Lillie meanwhile has the brains to battle competently but her Pokemon are barely bulked up. Again, though, she at least has a Z Move.

Tracey was so underplayed he suffers a similar issue of being hard to figure out, though I suppose Scyther gets at least some brownie points for not just beating Team Rocket but ALL OF THEIR POKEMON AT ONCE.

Last edited:

deliaketchum

Strongest companion is Goh by doing something never done before. He caught suicune using his pheromones for gods sake. Imagine him using his full power, I cant. Dont know about you.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Iris is tops, defo.

Misty and Brock come next thanks to their Megas and better skill. Brock's M-Steelix was able to tank a super-effective Z-Move head-on with ease and then OHKOed Turtonator back. Misty's Mega Gyarados is also stronk.

Cilan by virtue of being Gym Leader-level is ranked high but not quite to the level of Brock and Misty due to a lack of a powerful link to greatness. Clemont ranks higher but still below the aforementioned Kantompanions. Kaki/Kiawe gets some major respect for having a lot more skilled mons than most of the Alolan crew.

Next come Dawn and May, mostly on the average/medium high skilled tier. Lana and Mallow are also here, but some of their Mons have respectable power.

Gou and Koharu go here below them. Goh has a lot of stuff but doesn't seems like he actually trains any of what he cautches, so he's likely bloated but inefficient in Pokemon amount terms plus his Pokemon not having a too impressive showing yet. Koharu is pretty much on his level so...

Serena is sadly sitting at the bottom just above the non-trainer Max and Bonnie, her Pokemon just... didn't do things. Like anything at all.

I will take advantage of this thread being revived to update my ranking

Rank S
0. Ultra Instinct Tracey
1. Iris

Rank A
2. Kiawe
3. Brock
4. Goh
5. Misty
6. Clemont

B Rank
7. Cilan