• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's the strongest companion in the series?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My vote would go to Iris even before the events of the more recent episode.

Either Dawn and May for a honored second place.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
S Rank
1. Iris

A Rank
2. Brock
3. Misty
4. May
5. Dawn

B Rank
6. Clemont
7. Cilan
8. Kiawe

C Rank
9. Serena
10. Lana
11. Goh

D Rank
12. Sophocles
13. Lillie

Mallow
14. Mallow

Sham

The Guardian of War
S Rank
1. Iris

A Rank
2. Brock
3. Misty
4. May
5. Dawn

B Rank
6. Clemont
7. Cilan
8. Kiawe

C Rank
9. Serena
10. Lana
11. Goh

D Rank
12. Sophocles
13. Lillie

Mallow
14. Mallow
I’m not even gonna comment on Lillie but how is Sophocles weaker than Lana let alone Serena? How is Lana weaker than Serena?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Personally I think Serena at least has her performance movements as an edge against Lana and Sophocles. Plus she at least has three Pokémon she could choose from. I wonder how much her battling would be improved from the battle stages of the Hoenn contests.

Serena's Sylveon could have probably beaten Lana's Eevee if they both fought as Eevee with her fancy footwork.

I placed Lana above Sophocles because she seemed much more naturally adapt to battling than he did. She bothered to teach Primarina an Ice-type move just to counter Grass-types. Vikavolt could probably out-power Primarina but Togedemaru and Sandy leave a bit to be desired. Maybe with Ash gone, Sophocles can finally get the Electrium-Z.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Personally I think Serena at least has her performance movements as an edge against Lana and Sophocles. Plus she at least has three Pokémon she could choose from. I wonder how much her battling would be improved from the battle stages of the Hoenn contests.

Serena's Sylveon could have probably beaten Lana's Eevee if they both fought as Eevee with her fancy footwork.

I placed Lana above Sophocles because she seemed much more naturally adapt to battling than he did. She bothered to teach Primarina an Ice-type move just to counter Grass-types. Vikavolt could probably out-power Primarina but Togedemaru and Sandy leave a bit to be desired. Maybe with Ash gone, Sophocles can finally get the Electrium-Z.
I would argue that Lana made it to the same level as Sophocles in the league and he was at least able to keep up with Kiawe in his match but Lana got straight up dominated only really hitting Guzma with Icy Wind. Sure she dominated in the first round but it was Mallow who was objectively worse than her but once she started batting established trainers she crumbled. I don't think Braxien, Pancham or Sylveon can take Vikavolt if I'm being honest and since the writers cut off every single battle she's competed in we can't say for sure but snippets like getting knocked out first in the Summer Camp arc in the team battle can imply Serena isn't a strong battler.

S Rank
0. Ultra instinct Tracey

1. Iris

A Rank
2. Kiawe
3. Brock
4. Misty
5. Clemont

B Rank
6. May
7. Cilan
8. Goh
9. Dawn

C Rank
9. Lana
10. Sophocles
11. Serena
12. Tracey

D Rank
13. Lillie

Mallow
14. Mallow
15. Koharu

Morax

King of heroes
I wonder why people make threads like "who's the strongest companion" if not to seek validation?